Favourite Pasta/dish?

last reply
28 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
6 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Bolognaise is probably my favourite Italian recipe to make. We in UK normally think of Spag Bol but I gather Italians traditionally eat it with Tagliatelle. I prefer Farfalle or Conchiglie. Any thoughts?

Dutchess Of Dancing
0 likes

Pasta-laya ..it's Jambalaya but with pasta instead of rice 😋

A secret isn't a secret if 2 know it🤐

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I am not a pasta consumer. In saying that, I do find the farfalle and fusilli pasta shapes fun for children.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I worked in a high-end Italian restaurant for 5 years. After all that time my favorite dish to eat is gnocchi with a lightly truffled cream sauce.

My seasonal favorite is a really great fall dish. Corn ravioli with a butter sage sauce.

Probably one of my favorites to prepare is a simple butter sauce, makes me feel like a culinary wizard. I've made it multiple times at other people's houses out of pretty much nothing. It's all pretty much in the technique of bringing together the sauce around the pasta using the butter to emulsify the pasta water. Takes care of draining, heat, and movement but when it comes together it's incredibly rich and creamy.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

I am not a pasta consumer. In saying that, I do find the farfalle and fusilli pasta shapes fun for children.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Call me basic but nothing beats a really good carbonara

Headbanging ape from cold North 🤘
1 like

My wife's been whipping up a pretty good seafood pasta. It's a blush sauce with shrimp and calamari and we usually serve it over spaghettini but it would probably be fine over any long noodle.

Nothing new on here, but my entry in the latest comp on StoriesSpace took third place!

Read it here: Plus One

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by RowanThorn

I worked in a high-end Italian restaurant for 5 years. After all that time my favorite dish to eat is gnocchi with a lightly truffled cream sauce.

My seasonal favorite is a really great fall dish. Corn ravioli with a butter sage sauce.

Probably one of my favorites to prepare is a simple butter sauce, makes me feel like a culinary wizard. I've made it multiple times at other people's houses out of pretty much nothing. It's all pretty much in the technique of bringing together the sauce around the pasta using the butter to emulsify the pasta water. Takes care of draining, heat, and movement but when it comes together it's incredibly rich and creamy.

I have never got "gnocchi'.

One of my favourite Pasta memories is eating at the bar in Ciccetti, Piccadilly, London after a pub 'stroll'. So we were all a bit mashed. I love Tapas type food because I love eating and sharing with friends and family. 'Small plates'. Ciccetti is the Italian equivelant. One of the bar dishes we ordered was a bolognese. OMG. I have been eating Italian food for 40-50 years and this made me go 'WTF'. I asked the barman for the recipe. He said all I can tell you is that it has 3 Italian cheeses in it. He said if he told me anymore he would have to kill me.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Quote by matureman56

I have never got "gnocchi'.

One of my favourite Pasta memories is eating at the bar in Ciccetti, Piccadilly, London after a pub 'stroll'. So we were all a bit mashed. I love Tapas type food because I love eating and sharing with friends and family. 'Small plates'. Ciccetti is the Italian equivelant. One of the bar dishes we ordered was a bolognese. OMG. I have been eating Italian food for 40-50 years and this made me go 'WTF'. I asked the barman for the recipe. He said all I can tell you is that it has 3 Italian cheeses in it. He said if he told me anymore he would have to kill me.

Pecorino, Parmesan, and ricotta. The three secret cheeses in any secret recipe ;) The difference is proportion and if you’re fancy you can make a stock out of cheese rinds that you use to thin the bolo when you’re assembling the dish.

Place I worked at was a big deal hotel restaurant and we had lots of Italian chefs for a few weeks at a time as guest chefs. It was kind of an inside jokes among the cooks that so many family recipes only differered by proportions and not ingredients.

Gnocchi is a comfort food and very warming. Fresh and frozen are completely different, and it is 100% not everyone’s thing. Any recipe that didn’t seer the gnocchi before adding sauce had a gummy texture that I wasn’t a fan of.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I have used pecorino and parmesan but not ricotta in a pasta. Hmmm. Might be the missing ingredient.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by Georgia_27_8

Spaghetti pescatore.

I love that the seafood is always different in it, making it taste different all the time!

It's great if it's on the regular menu, it's generally a pretty well-thought-out recipe. Proceed with caution if it's a special. They are trying to burn through old product that are going bad. <_<

Terrestrial Mermaid from Deep Space
0 likes

Pastissima! I have a lot! The classic carbonara, pesto and aglio e olio for quick ones; pescatore, arrabbiata because it's hot....and more! Now, I'm hungry again!

Latest stories:

💙 Love Beyond the Stars

💙 Which Would You Prefer To Dip Your Fries Into?

💙 Okay

💙 Autolove

💙 Fuck for Gold

💙 On My Tongue

Please read, rate ❤️⭐, and leave an honest comment on the story. Coins are welcome, too!

STORY LIST || STORY BACKGROUNDS 💋💙

Easily amused
0 likes

Linguine, shredded chicken, broccoli, parmesan, a splash of bouillon, a little butter. Yum.

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Quote by Myrrhhhhhh

Pastissima! I have a lot! The classic carbonara, pesto and aglio e olio for quick ones; pescatore, arrabbiata because it's hot....and more! Now, I'm hungry again!

When working in a busy Italian restaurant, the expediter trying to scream out ‘Aglio e olio’ quickly was always a source of comedic chaos.

Terrestrial Mermaid from Deep Space
1 like

I'd expect that biggrin but it's an easy and quick fix to a hungry stomach at home... I had never ordered that in a restaurant though. Now, a creamy truffle pasta sounds like a good midnight snack. I wonder if the doctor's pantry has trufflesconfused

Latest stories:

💙 Love Beyond the Stars

💙 Which Would You Prefer To Dip Your Fries Into?

💙 Okay

💙 Autolove

💙 Fuck for Gold

💙 On My Tongue

Please read, rate ❤️⭐, and leave an honest comment on the story. Coins are welcome, too!

STORY LIST || STORY BACKGROUNDS 💋💙

Easily amused
1 like

Here's an easy one: saute raw thin spaghetti in butter, slowly add bullion, and some protein and veggies. It's easy and good.

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

My staple sauce of staples:-

Olive oil

Chopped onion & garlic

(Wine/port/sherry - optional but it's a good time to pour one 😋)

Tomato pesto

Half tin chopped Italian toms & half pasatta

(Shop bought 'fresh' toms in UK are generally tasteless)

Seasoning

Herbs - fresh thyme & basil

Chopped pitted black olives

Works with pretty much any pasta and tastes good on a sliced toasted ciabatta.

Oops. Wine essential at this point.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes

Tagliatelle con funghi e tartufo.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

My favorite is classic Chicken Parmesan served on a bed of butter herbed fettucine.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

I've been all about Farfalle and Conchiglie lately too – those shapes, they just catch all the flavors, you know what I mean?

But here's the kicker, mate: paccheri pasta. It's like the big boss of pasta, and I've been low-key obsessed with it recently. You can stuff it, smother it in sauce, or just let it shine with some simple ingredients.

And guess what? I found this rad paccheri pasta recipe on the https://www.mklibrary.com/paccheri-pasta-with-summer-vegetables/ . It's like a hidden gem for foodies. If you're up for trying something new, check it out. You won't be disappointed!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I love lasagna, in every new Italian restaurant, I have to check out their lasagna.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

It’s a burnt butter and lemon pasta made with rotini. To that I’ll add shrimp. Delicious.

If I may add a second…it’s bow tie pasta with oleo and aglio sauce.