First Flowers of Spring

last reply
23 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Spring arrived in my yard today with wild crocus blooming in the lawn. Probably won't last but looked great today!!!

Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Lurker
0 likes
As sick as I get of winter ,, I can't wait to see flowers .
Matriarch
0 likes
Nice shots Bunny.

We're heading into autumn down under. I am still enjoying the garden vegetables and fruit, summer pretty much lasts half the year here!
Lurker
0 likes
Those are nice. We're getting a late spring this year. But the azaleas are trying to come out. They go all the way down that fence but, those came first.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
I think Bunny's crocus are better than my azaleas.LOL

Chef I just took some good close up shots those wild crocus are so tiny like the size of your thumb nail I'm sure your azaleas are way prettier!

Here is what is in bloom inside the house my orchids announce the arrival of spring too!

Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Lurker
0 likes
Those are beautiful! I can't grow things on purpose. Anything outside is my husbands domain. Inside and I kill just looking at it. LOL. My mom on the other hand, could stick a broom handle in the ground and it would grow.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
amazing contrast of the vibrant colours of your orchids against the grey back-drop of those trees. I do not miss winters.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Great flowers ladies, I have some just poking up...
Algol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
**BEAUTIFUL**
Its Rayn
Lurker
0 likes
I really don't have anymore to show you. A lot has died this winter since we got into the 20s. We had a lot around the pool. Maybe I can show you one of those. I love the colors of the orchids. Are they hard to grow?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have tried about six varieties of orchids killed several and found if you have bright light Catlaya orchids also the most popular to use for corsages which are the red and orange ones above are really easy and for a little more filtered light Phalaenopsis also known as the moth orchid are the easiest and least expensive which is the middle picture and are most readily available just bought a beautiful pale green one for only $10 in the grocery store today!

Here are some other orchids I have when they bloomed last year.

Bunny12

Lurker
0 likes
Do they need lots of light?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Do they need lots of light?

Try Phalaenopsis also known as the moth orchid for low light conditions they actually hate strong direct sun. Grown them in bright filtered light in the house in winter and in bright shade outside in the summer.
Bunny12

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Your flower pictures are amazing, Girls... I have one of those "black thumbs" and kill anything planted
like that. I can, however, grow great veggies, as long as I keep them weeded...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Showing signs of life....

Algol
Lurker
0 likes
Are those in your yard Silver?
Lurker
0 likes
What a difference a little sun can make.

Lurker
0 likes
I'm still waiting to see if my Hybiscus comes back. They had blooms bigger than my hand. Everything froze this year.