Login

What do you like about the new Lush?

last reply
104 replies
6.5k views
9 watchers
49 likes
1 like

Riffing off a thread I started on SS after the upgrade there (and stealing most of my opening post from it):

We have a thread for reporting issues and problems. How about one for the good stuff. What changes or new features do you like? What is better about Lush 2.0? This is meant to be a positive thread so please keep complaints, concerns, issues in the relevant threads.

1 like

And I shall lead off here with the same two that I Ied off with on SS:

I love My Comments. All my comments in one place so I can just go there and see them all without having to go story by story.

I am very pleased to have forums that are usable on mobile devices. I spend a lot of time on a Samsung Galaxy S20 with a 6.5" screen and found the forums on the old site unusable, esp. compared to other sites I am on that have had mobile adaptable interfaces for years. So love the new forum interface.

1 like

This is an awesome idea! 

I love how smooth the chatrooms are. I don't really think I need to comment again on this (I'm going to do it anyway), but the emojis here are so much better! 

I love the new forums as well, I think they're so much better and you're right - they are so easy to use on a mobile. 

I think it's really nice that people have a 'landing' spot on entering the chatrooms as well, as we're getting to meet lots of new folk who've been here for years! It's cool. I have more, but I'll save 'em. bolt

Charming as fuck
3 likes

I love the 'new posts' button to filter the forum on recent stuff. Also love that it tells me how long ago someone posted last, rather than me trying to work out which timezone the forum is in.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

from an aesthetic POV, is for sure beautiful.

I want to share a feeling.

At the beginning I felt overwhelmed and not happy. Then I thought (and I shared this thought in the lounge with some chatters), if I had landed on Lush Land today, what would I have done? I would have rolled up my sleeves and learned to browse. We should do the same, trying to forget the old site. We are evolving!

Good job!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU CAN'T LET ANYONE COME IN BETWEEN YOU AND THE THINGS YOU'RE PASSIONATE ABOUT IN THIS LIFE, OR IT AIN'T WORTH LIVING.

Carey’d away.
0 likes
Quote by Jen

I love the 'new posts' button to filter the forum on recent stuff. Also love that it tells me how long ago someone posted last, rather than me trying to work out which timezone the forum is in.

Me too. The timezone thing was headache-inducing. 

I also like how stories can be edited after they've been posted.

My heart has wi-fi and the password is Drew Carey.

1 like
Quote by Jen

Yeah, I fell in love with that one pretty quick, given how much I use the equivalent function on some other forums I am on (it's a standard feature in a lot of forum software).

My Posts is a nice to have, too. Gives you a quick way to look for your old posts without having to remember which forum and thread they were in.

Semitalented Scribbler
0 likes

Gotta agree with others on the chatroom/forum emoticons.  They look modern and fresh (not like the Lush® 1.0 retro ones).  I liked them so much I placed guides to them (and the profile emoticons) in the Lush® Site Guidelines / Help Section.  The profile emoticons are kind of retro, but they’re very extensive.

biggrin ok cool

The updated emojis (accessible via the smiley face button) are also snazzy.  No complaints here.

😀 👌 😎

I also like how the “Create New Reply” forum button zips you right to the last given entry.  The “Watch/Unwatch Topic” button is pretty sweet, too.

bolt

📜 🖋️     S e m i t a l e n t e d   S c r i b b l e r     🖊️ 📃

Confused about the rules for my Lush Stories® song titles game? → Click HERE.

The Bee's Knees
1 like

SO glad that you made this thread! i just had this conversation with a friend and we both felt that if we could actually see the new/improved features it could make the transition a bit easier. 

my contribution to this list is the new pm format. i quite like it compared to the boring way on the old site. now when you view your messages, it looks as if you're having a chat with the person that sent them. it helps make certain ones even more intimate😊

nice touch, gang!👍🏽

(quick question, though. why don't the new emoticons work in pm?)

Say. Her. Name.

Carey’d away.
0 likes

I really love the "create new reply" button. Much easier and faster than scrolling to the bottom, typing in the number of the last page, and then hitting return - aka what I had been doing since the update. 

Active Ink Slinger
2 likes

Oooh! Thanks for this thread!!

I love the mobile site. When I joined in 2 years ago, I joined on the mobile Lush site! So this was ALWAYS my preferred site as compared to Lush V1.

It a stable platform, you rarely face downtime. The chat is mobile friendly, PM are better. Functions are so much better! It's super organised and easier to the eye. I always loved the emojis.. worship

The forum gets better to see when the last post was, scrolling is easier, posting is a better experience. 

It's a much much better user experience and I might be biased when it comes to Lush Mobile (cause I joined here first and was on it prior to It's closure) - I've missed this version. I regularly visit chatroom to drop  a hello now. 

Absolutely happy to have this version back. Did I say I missed it? It's going to get even better once work under progress is completed :worship:

Okay that's all for now! Happy to be back! :worship: bolt

Carey’d away.
1 like

I really love the sarcastic error messages. They make me think of Jane.

1 like

I love this clear modern format. Also, I've always wanted to be an American and a Swinger and now I'm both.😊 It's been a great week. Thank you, Lush and God bless America.

Writius Eroticus
1 like

I love how it's far more stable and speedier than before. And more seamlessly responsive between devices. Also echo the sentiments above about the forum overall, latest posts feature, and timezone improvements. I'm spending way more time here as a result. Probably too much, oops.

Another simple thing in the forum is the bolding of some of the subject lines on the Recent Posts list. I'm still unsure if this is due to me watching a thread or participating in a thread (or both), but it's really helpful either way when scanning the list to draw attention to threads I'm interested in, among all the other chatter.

The in-house notifications are extremely handy too, and the filterability of the My Comments area is fab (be even better when I figure out what a LocationLevelTwoWallPost is!).

The stories look waaay better, cover images notwithstanding. Just looks far leaner and more modern with decent line and paragraph spacing, and that concise stats block at the top.

Although this won't be of much relevance to non-mods, the moderation process is also more streamlined and is set to improve again as things iterate. It's one of those areas that wasn't just copied over verbatim but studied and improved.

I'm also impressed how responsive the dev team are to jump on issues and squish them. Fantastic stuff so far. Thank you!

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 104 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 70 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

0 likes

Completely with all of you posting the things we like! 

Another of the main things that I love, is how the stories are linked if they are part of a series. This is making reading the series I am on just now, so much easier! On lush V1, I used to just assume if I clicked the link on the right, it would take me to the next chapter, and several times I made it to later chapters. 

I also like in the chatroom, that if I post, I'm not accidentally going to post a picture to someone I just said hello to. I know this will be a pain for some people, but for me it's saving me from some awkward moments! 

I love the forums on my mobile being usable - this is so much fun! bolt 

1 like

Also - I'm loving how when we post a huge picture in the chatroom, it scales it automatically so that you don't have to leave the room and come back in because the size of the image overwhelmed it. Plus, we get to see the whole picture, rather than just the bottom section, which could sometimes give you a wee fright. 

Easily amused
3 likes

I don't really do chat rooms, so the biggest improvement to me is the Forums. The oldest post thing is cool, as is the bolded threads for ones you've participated in. And things are certainly faster and less prone to crashing. I'm digging it.   

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Ensorceled

I don't really do chat rooms, so the biggest improvement to me is the Forums. The oldest post thing is cool, as is the bolded threads for ones you've participated in. And things are certainly faster and less prone to crashing. I'm digging it.   

It took me a day or two to get used to the new style, but now that I am, it's really so effortless and breezy to scroll through the forums. A+ on that. 

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
1 like

The new chat mods are smoking hot. biggrin

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite

*Flips hair and bats eyelashes* ... oh, not me? Pfft. 

Can someone please tell me if this is a bumhole  ? I've asked before, I'm asking again. It's another thing I like about the new site, by the way. 

bolt

Saucy Little Minx ♥️
2 likes

I ❤️ the “like” button on the forums

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by AppleByBoom
Quote by sprite

Can someone please tell me if this is a bumhole  ? I've asked before, I'm asking again. It's another thing I like about the new site, by the way. 

bolt

Quote by AppleByBoom
Quote by sprite

The new chat mods are smoking hot. :D

:bolt:

It's a leather basketball. That's my professional opinion. 

0 likes
Quote by Sprite

Quote by AppleByBoom
Quote by sprite

bolt

Damn. I can't tell you how sad that makes me. boink

Charming as fuck
1 like
Quote by sprite
Quote by AppleByBoom
Quote by sprite

bolt

Sure it is. Cos that fits so neatly alongside the butt plug, nipple peg and mankini emojis 😇

Her Royal Spriteness
1 like
Quote by Jen
Quote by sprite
Quote by AppleByBoom
Quote by sprite

bolt

Sure it is. Cos that fits so neatly alongside the butt plug, nipple peg and mankini emojis 😇

You know perfectly well that i own all but the mankini, so it makes perfect sense to me. 

0 likes
Quote by Jen
Quote by sprite
Quote by AppleByBoom
Quote by sprite

bolt

Quote by sprite
Quote by Jen
Quote by sprite
Quote by AppleByBoom
Quote by sprite

The new chat mods are smoking hot. :D

:bolt:

You know perfectly well that i own all but the mankini, so it makes perfect sense to me. 

So basically, we like the bumhole and strap on emojis too, right? 

Simple Scribbler
1 like

I like the smackbottom emoji smackbottom 😊

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by AppleByBoom

Is that the royal 'we', my queen? ;)

0 likes
Quote by sprite
Quote by AppleByBoom

Is that the royal 'we', my queen? ;)
It is, aye! 
0 likes
Quote by KimmiBeGood

I like the smackbottom emoji smackbottom 😊

RIGHT!?