Suggestion for a new recognition badge

last reply
34 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Noticed that a few members have amassed an amazing total of 1,000 followers. There is already a Pied Piper badge for 500 followers. Any room for something for 1000 followers? Perhaps a Legionnaire Badge since a Roman Legion normally had 1,000 troops? Not sure how many people would earn the badge, but I know both Master Johnathan and Mysteria achieved the 1,000 follower threshold.
Meagan
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
You could add me to the list of potential candidates. I have 2107 followers.

Not that I'm bragging...

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
yeah, i think we could do a 1000. i'll try to remember to put it on the to do list (cause i need another badge like i need a hole in my head. lol).

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Quote by sprite
yeah, i think we could do a 1000. i'll try to remember to put it on the to do list (cause i need another badge like i need a hole in my head. lol).

Thanks, Sprite. Some writers just have a knack for drawing more people into their world of Lush and that makes our community all the better.
Meagan
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Looks like you have a blank space right after your Bug Slayer badge. LoL
Meagan
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Meagananne1986

Looks like you have a blank space right after your Bug Slayer badge. LoL

i totally bullied Gav into giving me that one, you know. i'm not proud. lol

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i totally bullied Gav into giving me that one, you know. i'm not proud. lol

If that rooster is still in your house, you'll have the opportunity to truly earn it I think.
Meagan
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Meagananne1986

If that rooster is still in your house, you'll have the opportunity to truly earn it I think.

lol that's Jen's house, and while she lives close, she doesn't live THAT close. smile

Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Quote by naughtyannie

Not that I'm bragging...

Perhaps a "Double Legionnaire" badge for you perhaps? LoL Another person who has contributed immensely to the Lush community.
Meagan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by naughtyannie

Not that I'm bragging...

Congrats Annie... I think you hold the lead in this contest! smile
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by Meagananne1986

Perhaps a "Double Legionnaire" badge for you perhaps? LoL Another person who has contributed immensely to the Lush community.

Aw thank you!

A couple of my friends DM'd me to say they'd nominated me for the "Awesome" Award to mark this, and my 500,000 profile views. I'm still waiting, but you never know lol.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

0 likes
Quote by Meagananne1986
Noticed that a few members have amassed an amazing total of 1,000 followers. There is already a Pied Piper badge for 500 followers. Any room for something for 1000 followers? Perhaps a Legionnaire Badge since a Roman Legion normally had 1,000 troops? Not sure how many people would earn the badge, but I know both Master Johnathan and Mysteria achieved the 1,000 follower threshold.

*Putting on his trainspotter's hat*

Sorry to dash your dreams of Imperial Roman glory, Meaganne, but a roman legion was made up of between five and six thousand men. So a long way before we get to that heady number for a badge we could call "Legionnaire". Perhaps you were thinking of a cohort. Usually ten cohorts of four-hundred and eighty men to a legion, apart from the First Cohort which was double the size. So yeah, maybe. At a stretch.

"You will never believe how much I enjoyed posting this piece of military history trivia on a sex story website. That's how sad I am).
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
0 likes
Quote by LucaByDesign

*Putting on his trainspotter's hat*

Sorry to dash your dreams of Imperial Roman glory, Meaganne, but a roman legion was made up of between five and six thousand men. So a long way before we get to that heady number for a badge we could call "Legionnaire". Perhaps you were thinking of a cohort. Usually ten cohorts of four-hundred and eighty men to a legion, apart from the First Cohort which was double the size. So yeah, maybe. At a stretch.

"You will never believe how much I enjoyed posting this piece of military history trivia on a sex story website. That's how sad I am).

Um Luca,, I don't quite know how to put this but I got a little turned on hearing you talk about Roman military history.

Say the word Cohort again you handsome bastard.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Anyone have any ideas for new badges that newer members to Lush could attain?
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Quote by Liz
Anyone have any ideas for new badges that newer members to Lush could attain?

How about a badge for the best first-time Competition writer. One way, perhaps, of getting new writers to take the plunge and enter competitions? I understand the purpose of the competitions, but many new writers are discouraged from entering because they believe they don't they have a chance. By recognizing the first-time writer, such a badge would at least show them that we appreciate stepping outside of their comfort zone.
Meagan
0 likes
Quote by Meagananne1986

How about a badge for the best first-time Competition writer. One way, perhaps, of getting new writers to take the plunge and enter competitions? I understand the purpose of the competitions, but many new writers are discouraged from entering because they believe they don't they have a chance. By recognizing the first-time writer, such a badge would at least show them that we appreciate stepping outside of their comfort zone.

That would certainly encourage me to throw an entry into the pot, I found it a scary thing to do but awfully glad I did it.
It's lovely to see that competitor badge on your profile, like a medal for completing a marathon.

For myself I'd suggest Barfly as a badge.
It's hard being a new writer, especially when you get knocked back because you're submission doesn't meet the standard. I'm pretty sure almost everyone got their first submission rejected, or they're bloody more talented then I am.
Joining the community in Rumps bar made the journey far more pleasant.
I can be as silly as I like and yet if I actually need help the regulars there are some of the kindest most helpful people in the world.
I can honestly say without them I'm have probably quit a long time and never have achieved what I've done here so far.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Whistling on my journey
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Hey is there a badge for under 20 followers? Asking for a friend

My latest love poem has landed

Lover Moon

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/lover-moon.

0 likes
Quote by Twisted_Skald

Um Luca,, I don't quite know how to put this but I got a little turned on hearing you talk about Roman military history.

Listen, Skald, do not tempt me. I can get far more explicit than the soft-core of cohort and legion.

How do the following grab you?

Praefectus Castrorum. Tribuni Angusticlavii. Primus Pilus.

Oh what a wet dream the classics must have been to study at public school. I feel robbed of an education.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Meagananne1986

That's not a bad idea. What would you call it?

Quote by Twisted_Skald
For myself I'd suggest Barfly as a badge.
It's hard being a new writer, especially when you get knocked back because you're submission doesn't meet the standard. I'm pretty sure almost everyone got their first submission rejected, or they're bloody more talented then I am.
Joining the community in Rumps bar made the journey far more pleasant.

Ideally, any new badges would be something automated in order to minimise any additional workload on the admin team. Something Gav can basically program and then forget about. Awarding a badge for participation in a specific forum thread I don't think would be viable because of the probable volume.

And you're right about getting knocked back. I had my first submission rejected when I joined Lush.
0 likes
Quote by LucaByDesign

Listen, Skald, do not tempt me. I can get far more explicit than the soft-core of cohort and legion.

How do the following grab you?

Praefectus Castrorum. Tribuni Angusticlavii. Primus Pilus.

Oh what a wet dream the classics must have been to study at public school. I feel robbed of an education.

Yes Luca!! Yes!!! More!!
Tell me about Phalanxes and battle formations. Yes!

A Cure For Stagefright

0 likes
Getting back on track perhaps a badge for 5 or even 10 getting stories or poems published.
Getting 1 story published can feel like a punishing target when you start, but little markers for us rookies would be nice.

I know our esteemed Elites can be chasing huge numbers but for little me having a story with 2K views marked would make me really happy I've done something special.
I've never had 2k people read anything of mine before, it nearly made my head spin.

I think Carl's idea about something for having small numbers of followers would be helpful. It's a tough world our there for a rookie and small victories are still worth celebrating.

Also I see some have a Series, badge is that a special one or just for posting a certain number of parts in an actual series?

A Cure For Stagefright

Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Liz, might sound corny, but I think Comp Aspirant might be apt. Of course, if their competition was truly good enough to break the top ten, they wouldn't get the badge. But I was thinking of a story written by a first-time competitor that while not making the top ten, was still well-written. Something akin to professional sports Rockie of the Year. If you didn't earn the badge on your first competition entry, you wouldn't be eligible again. It would only for one story written by one person whose story was their first competition entry.

I think it would nice too, if a first-time competition writer does win, place, show or make the top ten, that a notation by Nicola under his or her name to the effect "This is Nicola's first competition entry" would help first-time contestants understand you might be more talented that you know but that you'll never know unless you dare to write and enter.
Meagan
0 likes
Quote by Meagananne1986
Liz, might sound corny, but I think Comp Aspirant might be apt. Of course, if their competition was truly good enough to break the top ten, they wouldn't get the badge. But I was thinking of a story written by a first-time competitor that while not making the top ten, was still well-written. Something akin to professional sports Rockie of the Year. If you didn't earn the badge on your first competition entry, you wouldn't be eligible again. It would only for one story written by one person whose story was their first competition entry.

I think it would nice too, if a first-time competition writer does win, place, show or make the top ten, that a notation by Nicola under his or her name to the effect "This is Nicola's first competition entry" would help first-time contestants understand you might be more talented that you know but that you'll never know unless you dare to write and enter.

I like the idea of "win - place - show" awards for first time competitors. They should be honourary, non-stipendiary, and perhaps use something like "New Rising Stars!"

If they knew they weren't competing with established, already popular writers, but could win in a newcomer's section, I think that would encourage more people to enter who had never done so before. Great idea!

An incredibly talented, but modest Polar Bear, often mischievous, but never malicious!

0 likes
Quote by fuzzy1954

Hey is there a badge for under 20 followers? Asking for a friend

Shucks, Carl, thanks!

An incredibly talented, but modest Polar Bear, often mischievous, but never malicious!

Simple Scribbler
0 likes
Quote by Twisted_Skald

I got a lil excited hearing him say 'Cohort' too
Simple Scribbler
0 likes
Just read through this and have something to get off my mind. Beware the pitfall of needing badges, public accolades, or other material things to feel good about yourself and your writing.

That feel-good moment will be fleeting, then you will find you need more and more and more to keep the happy feeling going. Most will NEVER make Top Ten in a comp. If you need to get a badge to enjoy a comp, I say do not enter. If you are fortunate enough to place, yet need to get a mention every time since to be happy, I say do not enter.

I think it is more helpful to tell newbies comps bring them new readers and gain them the attentions of other authors. I think badges, like categories, can get out of control. Yes, it's nice to share an accomplishment to others with a badge. But, I don't think a badge should be the thing that decides who's a great writer, or better yet, who's a positive energy on Lush. We don't want newbies (or anyone) to think numbers/badges decide their value, do we?

So, let's just keep a firm grip on what's really important here, okay. And think about uplifting/encouraging others in longer-lasting ways too.

Love to all
Candyman
0 likes
Quote by Meagananne1986

So, let's say a first time competitor actually wins. Would they get four badges - Comp Aspirant, Competitor, Competition Winner, and Recommended Read - all at the same time?
Would you make it so that anyone previously was eligible? For instance, those who entered years ago and didn't get one?
How would you NOT earn the badge when you entered a competition? That has me a bit confused.

Just a few thoughts on your idea.
"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Quote by WSCLG

So, let's say a first time competitor actually wins. Would they get four badges - Comp Aspirant, Competitor, Competition Winner, and Recommended Read - all at the same time?
Would you make it so that anyone previously was eligible? For instance, those who entered years ago and didn't get one?
How would you NOT earn the badge when you entered a competition? That has me a bit confused.

Just a few thoughts on your idea.

No, they wouldn't as I pointed out. If they get into the top ten (rare, but it does happen; there is at least one person who won first place on his first competition story), they wouldn't receive it. As I said, the Aspirant badge only goes to the best first-time competition story by a first-time competition author that is judged the best story that didn't make it into the top ten.

It would be you either earn in on your first story in your first competition or you could never earn it. The number of badges actually awarded would very very small. Maximum of one per competition and only if there is a story written by a first-time competitor. If there are no first-time competition authors, no badge would be awarded.

As I mentioned, I'm thinking of something like professional sport's Rockie of the Year award. Some to encourage more authors to enter competitions and to let other aspiring writers know you may be a better writer than you know.
Meagan
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
How about a Badge to Recognise the fact you have been here x number of years, say a 6 year badge, a 7 year badge ect ect.
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Melissa999
How about a Badge to Recognise the fact you have been here x number of years, say a 6 year badge, a 7 year badge ect ect.

currently we do a 5 year and a 10 year badge. not sure how easy i would be to do one that updated yearly for everyone?