New Profiles Coming W/C 31st October 2022

last reply
78 replies
5.1k views
5 watchers
24 likes

Just in case anyone missed it in their activity feed. smile

Profiles - Updates & New Features

The team are always continually working on the site to bring you improvements and are now ready to launch a new look and feel to the profile pages, with a number of updates and features thrown in.

As technology progresses and improves, we have always found it to be our responsibility to ensure that our standards don't fall behind, which is why our development of the site never stops, either on the front-facing appearance of the site or systems that operate behind the scenes.

Our focus with profiles has been to give an up-to-date look and feel, prioritising improvements for mobile device users, making many of the options easier to use, and giving users more control over what content they would like to show (or show off!).

Edit: comments on walls etc will be disabled while the profile migration happens

Thankyou!

--

Edit: please pin this announcement.

Quote by Myrrhhhhhh

This is exciting! May I know what kind of enhancements will there be?

Not sure of everything, but more customisation about what is displayed where, a searchable story page, the opportunity to display three chosen stories on your main page and a new wall/blog interface smile

Quote by Jen
the opportunity to display three chosen stories on your main page

Oo, I like the sounds of this.

Looking forward to see what comes. Molly has announced that SS is getting this upgrade, too.

A poem for your enjoyment. Little something that came to me a couple days ago

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-mistake-4

Quote by Jen

Not sure of everything, but more customisation about what is displayed where, a searchable story page, the opportunity to display three chosen stories on your main page and a new wall/blog interface smile

Not necessarily in this update, but is it envisaged that our stories can again be broken down by categories at some point, please?

Quote by PJH

Not necessarily in this update, but is it envisaged that our stories can again be broken down by categories at some point, please?

There is a search button at the top of your new stories page, so anyone can search by category/award. The main listing will be by date published though, as it currently is.

Quote by Jen

There is a search button at the top of your new stories page, so anyone can search by category/award. The main listing will be by date published though, as it currently is.

Thank you, Jen.

In the recent past, I have found myself listing maybe fifteen of my stories for someone in a message to help them find what they were seeking.

Quote by Jen

Thank you, Jen. Do we need to save a copy/backup from our Profile before the update just in case? Because mine kinda needs one biggrin

Latest stories:

💙 Love Beyond the Stars

💙 Which Would You Prefer To Dip Your Fries Into?

💙 Okay

💙 Autolove

💙 Fuck for Gold

💙 On My Tongue

Please read, rate ❤️⭐, and leave an honest comment on the story. Coins are welcome, too!

STORY LIST || STORY BACKGROUNDS 💋💙

Quote by Myrrhhhhhh
Do we need to save a copy/backup from our Profile before the update

I wouldn't envisage so. Your bio, badges, comp placings, media etc will be unchanged. It'll just look a bit different in the layout.

The main differences are the Wall posts and the customisation options to show your top 3 stories and to turn on/off/reorder various blocks. Plus the story filter as Jen mentioned.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 112 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 74 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 10 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Quote by WannabeWordsmith

I wouldn't envisage so. Your bio, badges, comp placings, media etc will be unchanged. It'll just look a bit different in the layout.

The main differences are the Wall posts and the customisation options to show your top 3 stories and to turn on/off/reorder various blocks. Plus the story filter as Jen mentioned.

Thank you. smile

Latest stories:

💙 Love Beyond the Stars

💙 Okay

💙 Autolove

💙 Fuck for Gold

💙 On My Tongue

Please read, rate ❤️⭐, and leave an honest comment on the story. Coins are welcome, too!

Woohoo! worship :worship:

Thanks, Jen!

While there are MANY updates/upgrades coming, the timing could not be worse! You've locked posting while you migrate and now no-one can post...and many people make posts on friends walls on Halloween...and I in particular like to make lots of Halloween Posts. Sure the update will be nice...but I REALLY take issue with your timing!!!

Quote by steph29

While there are MANY updates/upgrades coming, the timing could not be worse! You've locked posting while you migrate and now no-one can post...and many people make posts on friends walls on Halloween...and I in particular like to make lots of Halloween Posts. Sure the update will be nice...but I REALLY take issue with your timing!!!

Thanks for your feedback.

We are sorry that the unexpected site progress has seemingly spooked you at such a troubling time.

Please feel free to copy and paste the same images and gifs from last year to your friends via Lushmail and by meeting them in the Chatrooms.

Please remember to "star" them in Lushmail as they are seemingly quite dear to you.

Moving forward, we will check your calendar before consulting the extremely busy developers for best days for them to run upgrades.

Yours sarcastically,

Georgia

I seem to write a story every 1.5 years on average.

You might as well check them out: https://www.lushstories.com/profile/Georgia_27_8/stories

XGX

❤️

Quote by Georgia_27_8

We are sorry that the unexpected site progress has seemingly spooked you at such a troubling time

I see what you did here

Please feel free to copy and paste the same images and gifs from last year to your friends via Lushmail and by meeting them in the Chatrooms.

Why last years images and gifs? Surely she has new ones to send, not all of us recycle like you do!!

Your random response.

Sooner.

Do not raise your voice, Improve your argument.

Quote by Georgia_27_8

We are sorry that the unexpected site progress has seemingly spooked you at such a troubling time.

Please remember to "star" them in Lushmail as they are seemingly quite dear to you.

Moving forward, we will check your calendar before consulting the extremely busy developers for best days for them to run upgrades.

Yours sarcastically,

Georgia

Georgia, I appreciate your feedback and I'm actually a fan of sarcasm so I won't be snarky. So when is that calendar feature being added to the site? Or should I just message you my calendar somehow? smile

I know you can't make everyone happy with the timing of changes. I do get it...I was very peeved this AM when I couldn't do what I'd planned to do for friends but I get that my displeasure is part of trying to make the site better (and there are so many things that could use work).

For me personally, it's just one more of a long list of things I dislike about the "new" Lush. I used to be on here lots but now am on much less because of all that...and I admittedly missed the announcement on the site change for today (31 OCT) so that is on me.

FYI, I'd already tried to message friends...the group one seemed limited to 15 so not really helpful...did send something out on "status" to all friends...but really was forced to posts in individual messages...which is extremely laborious and clumsy...so could only message some. Oh, and I do create new posts for friends each year!

Happy All Hallow's Eve to you!

Steph

It's a good enhancement. Thank you. I was hoping the emojis in my bio can be retrieved without me redoing it (trying to remember which emojis were used) as how those were placed before the enhancement because they're are all gone brokenheart sad redface cry

Had I known.....

Latest stories:

💙 Love Beyond the Stars

💙 Okay

💙 Autolove

💙 Fuck for Gold

💙 On My Tongue

I very much like the look of the new profile page and everything that goes with it.

Just saying!

I was going to ask where a just-submitted story of mine had disappeared to but I found it at the end of my stories.

Quote by steph29

I received all your Halloween posts. They were fab.💋

You have to upgrade for this. Imagine my surprise.

I am minded of the old saying "If it aint broke, Don't fix it" will have to wait and see !!!

One thing that I am not so pleased about relates to followers.

Ideally, I would like to have a notification if I gain a new follower (which I believe that we used to get) but at least I was able to see if the number of followers increased but now the actual number of followers seemed to have disappeared.

I see there is a search button there and I hoped that maybe that would have an option to find the latest follower, but no.

I will look further in case I am missing something but, as it stands, I am not too happy with this aspect of the new profile page.

Someone asked me about the comments section. When you try to post a photo, the "add media" contains the friend's photos and not your own. I asked the person to raise a support ticket in case it is not due to be sorted already.

How do you post ?

Still some stuff that needs ironed out but it's after UK office hours here now, so will likely be tomorrow. Thanks.

Quote by Jen

Still some stuff that needs ironed out but it's after UK office hours here now, so will likely be tomorrow. Thanks.

It has been after UK office hours for me since 2013, when I retired.

(That is year 2013 not 13 minutes after eight)

Quote by PJH

One thing that I am not so pleased about relates to followers.

Ideally, I would like to have a notification if I gain a new follower (which I believe that we used to get) but at least I was able to see if the number of followers increased but now the actual number of followers seemed to have disappeared.

I see there is a search button there and I hoped that maybe that would have an option to find the latest follower, but no.

I will look further in case I am missing something but, as it stands, I am not too happy with this aspect of the new profile page.

You see the 'view followers' option way over to the right on the Follows page?

Quote by simplyjohn

You see the 'view followers' option way over to the right on the Follows page?

Yes John, I see that and use it and it produces my followers in I assume the order that they were last online.

The search thing there seems to do nothing (unless I am doing it incorrectly).

It previously said how many followers that I had but now does not. An arithmetical calculation of multiplying the number of pages by 24 plus adding those on the incomplete page gives me a total but that total is less than it was before by (I think) about 20. Maybe closed accounts are lost or something?

Unless I am using it completely incorrectly, it does not seem to be much use to me.

As I said, a notification when you get a new follower would have been nice.