last reply
188 replies
10.2k views
12 watchers
134 likes
Headbanging ape from cold North 🤘
4 likes

Quote by AppleByBoom
Old features may not be coming back, but new features are coming.

Time to put on my cranky IT guy hat

This just not how you communicate on a project like this. First you see what existing features are used and considered essential by your users and make sure those are part of the new system. Then you do the cool new features. Telling people that cool new stuff is coming when they are telling you about things they used to be able to do and now cannot doesn't cut it. Telling them those old features may never come back? You're just feeding the flames at that point, not putting them out. If people are asking for a feature, you either have a replacement coming that does the same job better or you have it in development.

I actually like the new messaging system and am generally happy with the new site now. But belittling people's concerns, as I see some staff doing on here, is disheartening. I would lose my job if I treated my users at work like that.

A user with a concern is someone you listen to, especially if more than one user has the same concern.

/Cranky IT hat off.

Apes can talk dirty, too. Here's my entry in the "Dirty Talk" competition. Read it and let me know what you think. A virgin student gets a special present from his female housemate.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/free-use-friday-or-a-sweet-taste-of-cherrys-pie-3

Charming as fuck
1 like

I think this thread has run its course. If anyone is experiencing any technical issues with the messaging system, please raise a support ticket.

0 likes

The End.

Thankyou for the Update, Lush Team.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Quote by Jen
I think this thread has run its course. If anyone is experiencing any technical issues with the messaging system, please raise a support ticket.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to differentiate between technical issues and poor design.

Can a ticket be raised to suggest changes? There used to be a thread for that.

Weaver of Words
1 like

Quote by AppleByBoom

Quote by adele
Everyone keeps mentioning how hard the developers are working to do this and that. But if this is just a mirror image of the swingers heavens sites, then why aren't the systems already written and the bugs worked out already? We have already pretty much been told that a lot of the features we had on old lush are just not coming back. Asking for a friend...

This is not a mirror of those sites. We used their framework initially to set it up, and once it stabilised, the developers have been editing the code to make it more suitable to Lush's specific needs.

Old features may not be coming back, but new features are coming.

I'll be sure to pass that along to my friend.

Best down-under
1 like

At the risk of having the last word ... well it is my birthday this week.

I had found when I started using the new message system and a friend was online, that I could not tell they were responding and, when they did reply, the message didn't automatically appear without refreshing the screen. Today both those were obvious, meaning the system has the functionality of other real time messaging systems I have enjoyed using (plus of course off line messaging is improved too.)

Great job then, this now, for me, is a significant improvement over the old BBs/email system on Lush1.

And thanks, I have now worked out how to prevent send on Enter, so SBB need not reply to that part on my last email to him.

Also WW, I do think that on collaborative writing that the functionality of google docs (I am a recent covert to this, God knows why, despite Tam telling me ages ago, I have stuck to Lush email to share collaborative drafts of stories) is so good that that is the best place to preserve conversations and text on story ideas. It is also way easier for version control than cutting and pasting from Lush email to Word documents and having two people writing at the same time.

Do check out my latest story:

Unleashed competition: Bull Shite, Bull Dykes, Bull Fights: That’s Your Everyday D/s Love Story. | Lush Stories

And my other stories, including 5 EPs, 22 RR's, and 15 competition top 10's including my pride competition winner: On Oxford Street, This Gay Girl Found Pride While Playing With Balls

0 likes

Quote by adele
I'll be sure to pass that along to my friend.

Fabulous!