New Categories?

last reply
34 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
We've had a few suggestions recently for new categories.

The Supernatural / Vampire / Alien genre seems quite popular of late. Is there a specific name for these type of stories?

Does anyone have anything else they think we don't have covered yet in our existing category list, they'd like to see here?

Anal
BDSM
Bisexual
Crossdressing
Exhibitionism
Fetish
First Time
Gay Male
Group Sex

Interracial
Lesbian
Love Poems
Love Stories
Masturbation
Mature
Novels
Reluctance
Spanking
Straight Sex

Toys
Trans
Voyeur
Wife Lovers

If there is enough demand for new categories, we'll add them in.
0 likes
The supernatural category's a great idea. I love a good vampire story.
0 likes
Another suggestion is a 'Quickies' category, for stories that are more pleasure than plot driven and brief in length. The sub-category of the story could be listed in the tags section.
Matriarch
0 likes
I like the idea of Quickies. You're thinking of straight into the sex rather than much of a plot developing?

What to call the Supernatural category?

There are elements of Vampires / Non-Human / Supernatural / Sci-Fi etc in there.
0 likes
'Non-human' sounds about right for the supernatural themes. Although I'm not sure if sci-fi falls into that category.

And with the Quickies option, I was thinking along the lines of brief, sex focused stories that might suit readers who don't want to commit to a longer story. I've noticed some complaints about stories being too long. Readers seem to be in a bit of a...hurry...sometimes.
Matriarch
0 likes
"Short Sex Stories" as a category? Some people might think it's to do with dwarfs or something?

"Quickie Sex" or "Quickies" - is that vernacular in common usage around the world?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
"Short Sex Stories" as a category? Some people might think it's to do with dwarfs or something?

"Quickie Sex" or "Quickies" - is that vernacular in common usage around the world?

I think it is yes.

And I like the sci/fi or fantasy option. Good idea. You call it non-human and you'll open a whole can of worms you don't want open.
0 likes
Quote by nicola

I just looked up 'quickie' in the urban dictionary. Another term for it is 'Five Minute Frolics'.
Lurker
0 likes
How bout wham bam, thank you ma'am.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
How bout wham bam, thank you ma'am.

That wouldn't work for the gay community...
Matriarch
0 likes
http://www.quickie.com/

It's going to be funny when someone searching for a mop ends up in our Quickie category by accident
Lurker
0 likes
I like "Quickies" and "Supernatural" or "Fantasy". I think of machines and geeks when I think of sci-fi.

Should there be a word-limit on the Quickies one? And what about "chapters" in there?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Here's a few suggestions:

Anal
BDSM
Bisexual
Crossdressing
*Erotic Horror
Exhibitionism
Fetish
First Time
*Five Minute Frolics
Gay Male
Group Sex

Interracial
Lesbian
Love Poems
Love Stories
Masturbation
Mature
*Non-Human
Novels
Reluctance
*Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Spanking
Straight Sex

*Supernatural
Toys
Trans
Voyeur
Wife Lovers

(The ones in red, of course, are the suggested NEW categories. I REALLY liked Lisa's suggestion about "Five Minute Frolics" which is why I included it as described.)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
I like "Quickies" and "Supernatural" or "Fantasy". I think of machines and geeks when I think of sci-fi.

you could always do scifi/fantasy as one category. That would cover alot. I wrote a couple stories which would go under the fantasy section but not scifi, supernatural or non-human.

There are a whole lot of people writing in that category so if it's too specific there probably won't be alot of stories in it.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
what about for sex with animals? i read a storie in the spanking section about lemurs or something, instead of ppl it was lemurs. so... idk its just a thought
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Four cents:

Another term for quickies common in fiction writing is "Flash Fiction". Depending on the site, those can be limited to 500 or 1000 words.

I don't know if there's enough differentiation between "Fantasy" (as part of SF/F), "Supernatural", and "Non-human" to warrant three different categories.

I also don't think this site is a good fit for "Erotic Horror" unless the reluctance/nonconsent division moves a litle closer to the latter.

My personal preference would be to leave out.

That all said, I'd love to see some of these new categories, since that would open Lush up for several additional submissions from me.

Bonus penny - Another category to think about - "Impregnation/Conception" stories.
Matriarch
0 likes
Some interesting ideas there, other than fukme799. Beastiality will never be allowed on this site, nor will .

Five Minute Frolics wont fit on our buttons! I like "Quickies" or "Quickie Sex" for that one.

I agree Rocco, Sci-Fi doesn't do anything for me either, and there doesn't seem to be much out there in that genre. I'm not for the Erotic Horror category, too open for abuse.

Fantasy / non-human is covered by Supernatural isn't it? We need 1 all encompassing section for all those. Would "Supernatural" be obvious enough?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oral

Prostitution

Blonde (well they say we're more fun)
Matriarch
0 likes
Oral Sex Stories has potential. It has been suggested in the past as well.

The other 2, not so much
Mr Nobody
0 likes
Its unneccesry dilution and serves no purpose
Seeker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I like the idea of Quickies. You're thinking of straight into the sex rather than much of a plot developing?

What to call the Supernatural category?

There are elements of Vampires / Non-Human / Supernatural / Sci-Fi etc in there.

How about Night Walkers? or something like that...
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Maybe a comedy? Look at the Pix-O-Lix stories......they were funny and they included sex.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
What about the Historical Romance/Bodice Ripper kind of category? Those always seem to have some erotic elements involved. All right, that's an understatment, they always have some erotic things going on, that's why they exist.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by DBarclay
Its unneccesry dilution and serves no purpose

There will only be one or two added, I am not keen on hundreds of categories either.
Lurker
0 likes
Isn't he such a ray of sunshine?
Matriarch
0 likes
He brightens up my day
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola

I agree Rocco, Sci-Fi doesn't do anything for me either, and there doesn't seem to be much out there in that genre. I'm not for the Erotic Horror category, too open for abuse.

Fantasy / non-human is covered by Supernatural isn't it? We need 1 all encompassing section for all those. Would "Supernatural" be obvious enough?

SciFi and Fantasy have dedicated subgenre audiences. Though they may not align with "traditional" Lush readers, they may attract new ones. I think one catch all of SF/F/Supernatural would suffice, but would be harder to pin down to a single word on a genre list. Perhaps "Fantastic" would be a good catchall.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Monocle
Perhaps "Fantastic" would be a good catchall.

Or "Paranormal" would work.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like the "Quickie" thought, along with the sub-categories, although I am at a loss to suggest a workable title.

As for the remaining genres, how about "Other Wordly" - should be ntriguing enough to get the sci-fi, Vamp & fantasy guys to click on . Sub-categories?

Otherwise (wince) I also agree with DB (oh, it hurts) LOL
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Matriarch
0 likes
Paranormal is really to do with something lacking a scientific explanation. It doesn't really cover things like Vampires.

What type of subject matter are likely to be covered in that niche? Alien sex, vampires, ghosts?

I don't think there's enough demand to warrant several new categories just for that. Supernatural is close enough isn't it?

Proposed:

Oral Sex
Quickie Sex
Supernatural