Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Moderator of the Month for November

last reply
30 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
November was a transitional month for the site, and it was a huge group effort to ensure it ran as smoothly as possible during this time.

The chat moderators who needed to familiarize themselves with the different setup here did a great job.

There were some sterling efforts on the story verifying front, with Laura smashing the 100 mark in November, and Curvygalore, Evie, Saucymh, Tams_back_yay and el_henke taking care of processing 50+ stories each.

John has been expert with all the help desk queries as ever.

But for personally shepherding several hundred friends over to the site and ensuring they bedded in as comfortably as possible, I have to give the Moderator of the Month award for November, to Bluestars.

Thank you Kate for all your efforts.

I'll be in touch about your prize
Congratulations Kate! Thank you for your service!
YAY KATE!!!! You're so amazing and lovely. Come see me sometime, I'll give you one of my famous back rubs . ❤️❌⭕❤️❌⭕
Thanks Kate for doing a great job! Congratulations!
Outstanding work and very well earned.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Kate is a superstar, simple as that. Awesome job, Girl. Outstanding. heart

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Congratulations Kate. Well-earned tribute to your hard work and dedication to Lush.
Meagan

Congrats Kate, more than well deserved for all the work you have put in, ensuring no one was feeling left behind ?
Good job, Kate. You've earned this
Congratulations!
Thanks so much for all you do for this site.
Please read my naughty new Micro.

~Famished~

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/famished-1

Congratulations Kate.

Awesome! Congratulations!

Congratulations Kate!
Thank you for your efforts here.
Well done, Kate
You really deserve this, Kate! You have spearheaded the transition from mobile to desktop and made sure all your charges from the mobile site are settled here. Plus asking for tweaks to this site to quite rightly accommodate you all. A heck of a lot of work and organisation! You can put your feet up now for a successful job done. Congratulations! :flower
Thanks lovelies, you are all really kind xxx

I’m glad we’re keeping people here. The old mobile chatrooms were occupied by a community, many of whom were battling through lockdown loneliness and other of life’s crappy deals. Don’t get me wrong - it wasn’t a covid support group biggrin it was a community of flirters, fantasists, exhibitionists, explorers and pleasant pervs! New friendships and new relationships were building every day. Old friendships and relationships knew where to find eachother. Imagine the Cheers bar with a bra rack next to the coat rack, undies all over the floor, candle lit corners for fun fumblings and a few happy go lucky guys cracking one out under the spotlight at the table in the middle of the room ;) Tears were shed when we knew we were closing.

it’s a massive shock to the system trying to navigate the site and chatrooms which are such a different experience. As we’ve been here a while it’s clear there are some things which are great and some which cause pain. Having spent a couple of hours a day at least in chat myself on the old site these days I find 5 minutes is a miracle.

Really hope that something can be done to make improvements:
- firstly to make it visually clearer and less messy on mobile devices - screenshots of old mobile experience show how clear and restful it used to be
- to make it easier to direct comments to people (fixed button bottom right means too much pinching and scrolling, something like the Microsoft right hand click experience where ways to interact with people are shown if you click their name in chat is much easier to use - means pulling the options you see in room list into main chat).
- to filter whispers out of main chat so each conversation is separate (old mobile site effectively filtered chat into ‘my chat with all’, ‘my chat with x’, ‘my chat with y’, ‘my chat with z’ and you would choose which filter to interact with, the filter was made to look like a room list where you moved from room to room - neat. This meant you could park and roll through responding as and when, you didn’t disconnect from conversations and only see what was relevant in each room. It also meant you didn’t disconnect from chats whilst in another which happens here on mobiles. Also makes people whispering much easier to ignore.

It sounds silly and dramatic when I say chat here is painful - it really is tho. It could be a feature of the site and a selling point for membership if it worked more elegantly on mobile devices. I will continue to raise this (had you noticed??!!) as I love this place and want to make it accessible to all smile

Right now people don’t stick around in a difficult experience, and going into empty rooms means nobody stays. I (with help!!) built the mobile chat experience up by sticking around, saying hello to everyone when they appeared, posting pictures for people to land on and start talking about, generally making a welcoming feel. We can do all this again but let’s have something that is worth welcoming people to xxx

If anyone wants to read about how the new experience feels or if any ex mobile site people want to join our group here check it out at

the Old Site Regulars Group

I’m keeping the group closed other than for people who are vouched for from the old site, 92 members so far and 200+ invited. Anyone who can help with redesign of chat experience would pick up info on how people are feeling using the site from this group - much has been shared.

In the meantime, the desire to keep the community is strong. Three ex mobile peeps went on a gifting spree to make sure friends were able to interact with the site. The desire to keep an active community is strong - fix the tech and we’ll have a community ready to use it :)

I’lll shut up now xxx
Hugs for all xxx
And I want to add..... this is just tech and the result of coming from an experience designed for mobile devices to one designed for desktop. It’s not a reflection on the way anything is run here. I know I’m the worlds biggest whinger about chat at the moment but there are so many things that work well on the site, even in chat smile

John and Trinity are fab and have welcomed us all, helping to navigate whilst both using different tech has been fun :) everything here is so well organised that it has been easy to drop into. Kevin has been a friendly, welcoming face in the chatrooms and has helped us get through some confusions :)

Gav and Nicola have both been awesome helping to implement quick wins where improvements could be made easily and listening to understand what the bigger changes might be for future. We have two new rooms and a 30 person limit now, this seems to be going down well.

All of the mods I’ve spoken to have been lovely and holy schmoly getting through 50+ stories verified in a month is immense let alone 100! Watch out as I’m joining you in verification corner - too scared to pick up my first one at the moment tho!

I’ve made new friends on the site, it is a different experience but still the same basic desires to be here, to interact, to meet old friends and make new friends xxx
Congratulations Bluestars, although we've never really "met" it's good to know that you contribute so much to Lush. We are lucky to have you!

Quote by Bluestars
And I want to add..... this is just tech and the result of coming from an experience designed for mobile devices to one designed for desktop. It’s not a reflection on the way anything is run here. I know I’m the worlds biggest whinger about chat at the moment but there are so many things that work well on the site, even in chat smile

John and Trinity are fab and have welcomed us all, helping to navigate whilst both using different tech has been fun :) everything here is so well organised that it has been easy to drop into. Kevin has been a friendly, welcoming face in the chatrooms and has helped us get through some confusions :)

Gav and Nicola have both been awesome helping to implement quick wins where improvements could be made easily and listening to understand what the bigger changes might be for future. We have two new rooms and a 30 person limit now, this seems to be going down well.

All of the mods I’ve spoken to have been lovely and holy schmoly getting through 50+ stories verified in a month is immense let alone 100! Watch out as I’m joining you in verification corner - too scared to pick up my first one at the moment tho!

I’ve made new friends on the site, it is a different experience but still the same basic desires to be here, to interact, to meet old friends and make new friends xxx

Hi Kate,

Thanks for all the feedback. Good and bad!

You are right, the chat rooms were primarily written originally with desktop users in mind. At the moment, they are not optimized for mobiles. We know that and are working on solutions.

I believe Gav is looking into either upgrading what we have as well as seeing what off the shelf chat packages are available. I'd love to have one which incorporates voice chat and video too, but I always like to shoot for the moon!

You've come from a platform which had a purpose built chat application costing hundreds of thousands of $ to develop over many years, with the input of half a dozen programmers. I think Gav wrote the core of ours part-time over the course of a month or so!

If you wish to discuss this further, it's probably best to chat either privately or in the mobile feedback thread!

Thanks again for all your help making the new folk feel at home

Cheers,

Nicola x
Really don’t want to dis the site - it is perfect in so many ways xxx

Looking forward to future developments xx
"It sounds silly and dramatic when I say chat here is painful"

No blue it isn't silly and dramatic at all, its true, it is not relaxing or sustainable on a mobile device. I, like you, could hold several conversations simultaneously.on mobile.
Now, if I hold one for more than ten minutes, my eyes bleed. Subsequently I now visit lush chat briefly, to at least show my face, before using another platform to chat.
A platform I never used until lush mobile closed.

I am but one guy, but without improvements to the mobile experience, I'll be an ex lusher. Not that I want to leave, but it's really too much hard work.

The forum is difficult (I'm being kind) to use and isn't a patch on what we were used to, it has taken an age to type this and many wouldn't attempt it, I won't blame them.

This is not what we joined initially for, and thank you blue for taking on the challenge
No dis taken Kate!

I agree Citroen (I learned to drive in a Citroen Dyane - ever driven one?), the forums are unreadable on my iPhone. It's the other main area the site falls down on a mobile device.

Please remember the mobile site was rather abruptly closed and we weren't as prepared as we'd liked to have been.

Congratulations, Kate! We appreciate all your hard work!

Thank you Bluestar! Congrats!!

'..May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent from one another..' Gen31:49 😇

A very well deserved congratulations and thank you!
Chat here really is painful and I havent been visiting the site as much because of this. Accessing the forums is impossible. We have found different ways to communicate. All of us miss our site and miss how easy it was to navigate. Blue has worked tirelessly at keeping us all together. Its great to hear developments are being made and the sooner they happen the better. The mobile site worked so well all we need is something here the same. Blue so deserves this for keeping our community together ❤