Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Friends appearing on your list that you did not add.

last reply
23 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Site administrator
0 likes
Some members are reporting that friends have appeared erroneously on their profile in the last few days.

To be investigated and confirmed, this is likely due to the migration of members from the mobile site which is closing shortly. Your accounts have not been compromised.

It would be preferable to leave these new friends on your profile, for the purpose of investigation, but please if you feel uncomfortable about that delete them.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
fyi, now my profile pages - mine and friends i am looking at - are messed up.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by sprite
fyi, now my profile pages - mine and friends i am looking at - are messed up.

In what way?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by clum

In what way?

it used to be my personal info was on the left and my blog and stories were on the right. two different columns. now it's all one column so i have to go all the way to the bottom to find my blog and stories, if that makes any sense? could be something i did, but if it is, i have no idea what, since i didn't actually do anything. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by sprite
it used to be my personal info was on the left and my blog and stories were on the right. two different columns. now it's all one column so i have to go all the way to the bottom to find my blog and stories, if that makes any sense? could be something i did, but if it is, i have no idea what, since i didn't actually do anything. smile

It's fine for me. Are you on a mobile device?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by clum

In what way?

nevermind, it was something i did lol *goes and hides*

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
With these new additions, I now have 1083 friends. Given that the limit is supposed to be 1000, will this affect my ability to add new friends?

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by naughtyannie
With these new additions, I now have 1083 friends. Given that the limit is supposed to be 1000, will this affect my ability to add new friends?

It may so lets test it... I have sent you a friends request.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

i still hate the 1000 friend list limit with a passion, fyi.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I get that, this way you can only add your 1000 best friends.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
False hopes… no additional new friends for me

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

It has indeed. Much as I would love to have you as a friend, I'm not allowed to. The system has blocked it because I'm over 1000.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I'm not sure why Gav implemented this.

Back in the early days we might have been worried about server space or slow site speed as a result of having so many look-ups.

I'll ask the question.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
who is this "simplyjohn" character?

Nic, something in the abyss of my memories tells me you're right.
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by nicola

I'm not sure why Gav implemented this.

Back in the early days we might have been worried about server space or slow site speed as a result of having so many look-ups.

I'll ask the question.

It would be good to hear what he says.

I now have two people who have asked me to be a friend, but who I can't accept because I'm over the limit. I would need to unfriend enough people to get down under 1000, but that's a bit tedious.

Okay, you might say, who needs 1000 friends anyway, but it's not as if I'm going to interact with each of them on a daily basis. I see them as people who are interested in my content (stories, forum and blog posts etc) and want to be notified about them - which seems reasonable enough. It's also true that lots of them are no longer active on the site, but that's not something I can monitor on a daily basis.

"the Great God (snicker)" - James 'Bear' Llewellyn
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
Some members are reporting that friends have appeared erroneously on their profile in the last few days.

To be investigated and confirmed, this is likely due to the migration of members from the mobile site which is closing shortly. Your accounts have not been compromised.

It would be preferable to leave these new friends on your profile, for the purpose of investigation, but please if you feel uncomfortable about that delete them.

Opps, missed this. I had 4 show up, but never got around to reporting it. I noticed them just before retiring so deleted them and went to bed. Any good intentions before I sleep, become questionable after.

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Once more in Love Poems - My Forever Beauty

My 2 previous submissions:

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.
Why not leave a comment too?

Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

No new friends for me.

I am sorry but that just does not surprise me.

Editor at large
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

I've had 4 additions, all red Avs and, apparently, none spend time on the site. I haven't deleted but it does raise doubts for me about security.
Site administrator
0 likes
Gav has confirmed that the additional friends apparent on some members' profiles are indeed as a result of the membership migration here from the mobile site. He is still investigating why this occurred but in the meantime the advice is to delete those friends on your list that you do not recognise.

You can manage your friends list here (hover over the relevant avatar and a drop down action list will appear which includes a 'Remove friend' option):

https://www.lushstories.com/membership/update-details.aspx?s=friends

Once again apologies for the inconvenience.
Matriarch
0 likes
I've been advised the friend cap was implemented as each time you log in, your friends' online, latest posts of theirs, stories etc. - all their activities basically, have to be populated.

So imagine that multiplied by thousands of members on the site at any one time. That's an enormous drain.

Unfortunately we don't have NASA's budget!

Please delete any unwanted friends you might have gained. There was a glitch in the exported file we were given, which included everyone who's sent you a request, regardless of whether you've accepted it or not. It's a bit of a job to now go through the lot and have them all removed automatically, and Gav is swamped with the site merger as it is.
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I've been advised the friend cap was implemented as each time you log in, your friends' online, latest posts of theirs, stories etc. - all their activities basically, have to be populated.

So imagine that multiplied by thousands of members on the site at any one time. That's an enormous drain.

Please delete any unwanted friends you might have gained. There was a glitch in the exported file we were given, which included everyone who's sent you a request, regardless of whether you've accepted it or not. It's a bit of a job to now go through the lot and have them all removed automatically, and Gav is swamped with the site merger as it is.

That makes sense. Thanks for asking the question anyway.

Time for some brutal cancelling, I fear.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Please delete any unwanted friends you might have gained.

..done and dusted ..nothing a few clicks here and there cannot fix thank you, keep up the awesome work ???

'..May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent from one another..' Gen31:49 😇

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola

*deletes Nicola*