Announcing the Winners of our "Money Talks" Story Competition

last reply
50 replies
3.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Money talked, and we had a fantastic turnout for this competition.

A big thank you to all those who entered.

Congratulations to the winners - Liz, Magical Felix, and Buz!

Winner ($250 Prize) - Miami Heat, by Liz
Second Place ($150 Prize) - Belgard, by Magical_felix
Third Place ($100) - One Thousand Dollar Revenge, by Buz

An honourable mention to these excellent stories, which made up the Top 10:

The Arrangement, by Saucymh
Paid For, by avrgblkgrl
Mallory Monroe - Birth of a Streetwalker, by Milik_the_Red
Blue Anniversary, by Jaymal
Pretty Feet, by NymphWriter
Prescription for Ennui, by principessa
The Sidewinder Caper, by BethanyFrasier

I will be in touch with the winners in the next day or so. Please check your inboxes.

A new competition will be announced soon.

Cheers,

Nicola
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Congratulations to the winners and honourable mentions. It was a huge field this time around, and a hell of an achievement to do so well amongst them. And of course, well done to everyone else who entered. There's some amazing talent here on Lush. The competitions seem to be getting harder and harder each time.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
The Creep
0 likes
Congrats to all the winners smile
Story Verifier
0 likes

Congratulations to all for a great competition! Special honors to Liz, Magic_Felix, and Buz

The biggest winners? The entire Lush community - we got to read some great stories. Thank you to everyone involved.
Lurker
0 likes
Congrats to the winners. There were so many great entries. This was one of the best competitions ever!

Lurker
0 likes
congrats to the winners and the honorable mentions ..so many great writers here.. anyone you gets published here I tip my cap too.. well done
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Great job to all!!

=d>
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Congratulations to everyone who did their best!!
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Congratulations to the winners.
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Congrats to the winners, the honorable mentions, and to everyone that got their shit together and entered! I tried to read as many as I could, and enjoyed them all, so I won too! Thanks for your great efforts, one and all. =d>
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Congratulations to Liz, Magical Felix and Buzz. You all did an amazing job.

I read two of the winners and liked them both.

Well done to all the people that placed and all the other's who were entrants.

Hugs,
Mysteria

Candyman
0 likes
Congrats to all who entered, hearty applause to the winners.
"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Woo hoo!!! I made Top 10!!!

No surprise Liz took top honors... she's an amazing author.

Major Congrats to Buz for his first 3rd place story!!! I know how hard you've worked to have a story worthy of such an honor. You totally earned it man!
Senior Analyst
0 likes
Congratulations to all, and many thanks for a bunch of stories to read!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
I am so excited about placing second in this competition! This one had a lot of entrants and a lot of quality. Thank you for picking my story!

I want to say thank you to everyone that read my story, voted and commented on it. All of your comments mean a lot to me even though I don't say so all the time.

Congratulations Liz, your story was so well put together, hot and vivid. You're a writer I look up to a lot. You have so much talent at such a young age. One day you're going to look back at these stories and say, "that's when I was just aiiight". Nice going young blood. smile

Buz, you have grown quite a bit from the first thing I ever read of yours. You always strive to improve and your story this time was really fun to read. You're a lighthearted, enjoyable, entertaining storyteller. I am very happy and honored to have placed in this competition along side you.

I also want to mention that Milik_the_Red had a very realistic, dark and gritty story that I enjoyed and could have easily been in the top three.

Saucymh is also a writer I was not familiar with who totally caught me off guard with her story. It was very very good and I thought it was going to place as well. I look forward to reading more of her writing.

Jaymal, always a serious contender. Next time dude!

Thanks for holding these comps Nicola. It keeps the creative juices flowing. I credit your site and these competitions for helping me improve as a writer. It's invaluable to me.

Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
Congratulations to everyone who did their best!!

And congratulations for making top ten. Seeing how many entered it was quite an accomplishment.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Congratulations Liz (girl you knocked it out of the ball park with that one), Buz (you are always one of my favorites) and Felix (way to go). Congrats to all of the honorable mentions as well. The competition was fierce and it bought out the best in everyone. ?

? A True Story ?
0 likes
Congratulations to all the winners, and as stormdog100 says we are also, winners because we got to read your great work.. smile
Click below to see

Lurker
0 likes
Congrats to all the writers. I personally read each entry and each one was very nicely written.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I'm not one bit surprised at the winners and the runner ups. I read many of the stories who placed and also ones who didn't. You all did such a wonderful job and a lot of you I look up to as writers. Congratulations for placing, what an achievement. One that I truly do hope to achieve one day as well.

Lurker
0 likes
Many congratulations to all who were brave enough and talented enough to take part and especially to the stunning winners and outstanding honourable mentions, including my great pal Mags (saucymh) for whom this was a first top ten! Well done all!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I've only been able to read a handful of stories for this comp so far, but my top three favourites won, so I'm thrilled to see that.

Champagne pops to Liz for taking top spot with the hot tease and tension in Miami Heat! And huge applause goes to Jack's visceral and moody Belgard as well as Buz's twisted and entertaining One Thousand Dollar Revenge.

Congrats, as well, to those who made top ten and everyone that entered!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Wilful
Congratulations to the winners and honourable mentions. It was a huge field this time around, and a hell of an achievement to do so well amongst them. And of course, well done to everyone else who entered. There's some amazing talent here on Lush. The competitions seem to be getting harder and harder each time.

Can't argue with all of the above.

However, CASTING A CRITICAL EYE over The Top Ten, (and on three other entries I fancied...) I notice there's VERY LITTLE in terms of WRITING QUALITY separating the field, (obvious stylistic approaches not with standing, (Mag Felix's entry being a good example of this..)

What I'M GUESSING is that it more came down to how the Writer approached the topic. For example, Nymph Writer included a FETISHISTIC element in her story while keeping to brief, thus making it stand out in terms of plot.

Milik included a much darker, noir aspect to his offering, again uniquely.

Average Black Girl made her tale much more personal in the way we understood the motives of the protagonist.

Saucymh took the opportunity to showcase a skill at writing dialogue which was natural and refreshing.

I could go on, but my point is that each of these ten writers, who I don't think will mind me observing are stylistically unique but more-or-less equal in terms of writing skills, brought something JUST A LITTLE different to the brief.

NOBODY should be wary of entering comp since in terms of QUALITY, the initial APPROVAL and POSTING by the regular mod team means that your offering is worthy of consideration by the judging panel. And ALL entries are read, re-read and discussed as I understand i. (And I understand it!)

It is that little extra SPARK of originality, (Buz's humor, Bethany's HIGHLY CONTEMPORARY setting, Principessa's exploration of a more hard-core approach, Jaymal's faux-fantasy exploration etc...) and the examples already mentioned above, that make these offerings that little bit (?) extra-special.

Congrats to the winners and ALL who took part.

xx Stephen
The Linebacker
0 likes
Congratulations to Liz for her 1st place, Miami Heat. I thought all along, and told her so, that her story looked like the winner. Liz is an awesome writer, so amazingly talented and smart. I love her story. It's superior entertainment. I am always in awe of Liz!

And Magical_Felix for 2nd place, Belgard. Jack did some super, high quality, deep writing for sure and he knows I told him he'd finish in the Top 3. Just a superb story for sure. He always writes great stories and especially comes through with something super special in a comp.

I am, well, I am absolutely blown away! Y'all that know me, know I'm a bit hyper and excitable, so you can just imagine. I finally cracked the Top 3 and I am elated. Especially knowing how tough this competition was. I mean there are so many really great, high quality stories. I thought top 3 was beyond my reach. Thanks judges! I am really honored to get to be listed Top 3 with Liz and Magical_Felix.

Congratulations to the entire Top 10 because those are all super outstanding stories. There were several serious contenders there that had to put a lot of pressure on the judges deciding between all of these superb stories. In fact seriously great stories in this comp goes much deeper than the Top 10. I read a huge portion of the comp stories and they were great.

I'd like to thank VanGogh for doing an awesome job of proofing for me. She's done that for me several times and does an amazing job, catching the dyslexic things that slide through my own proofing, and she makes great suggestions. And a special thanks to Dancing_Doll, Sprite, Milik_the_Red and DanielleX for years of encouragement.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Congratulations to the winners! Those were three fantastic stories indeed.

Quote by Magical_felix
I am so excited about placing second in this competition! This one had a lot of entrants and a lot of quality. Thank you for picking my story!

I want to say thank you to everyone that read my story, voted and commented on it. All of your comments mean a lot to me even though I don't say so all the time.

Congratulations Liz, your story was so well put together, hot and vivid. You're a writer I look up to a lot. You have so much talent at such a young age. One day you're going to look back at these stories and say, "that's when I was just aiiight". Nice going young blood. smile

Buz, you have grown quite a bit from the first thing I ever read of yours. You always strive to improve and your story this time was really fun to read. You're a lighthearted, enjoyable, entertaining storyteller. I am very happy and honored to have placed in this competition along side you.

I also want to mention that Milik_the_Red had a very realistic, dark and gritty story that I enjoyed and could have easily been in the top three.

Saucymh is also a writer I was not familiar with who totally caught me off guard with her story. It was very very good and I thought it was going to place as well. I look forward to reading more of her writing.

Jaymal, always a serious contender. Next time dude!

Thanks for holding these comps Nicola. It keeps the creative juices flowing. I credit your site and these competitions for helping me improve as a writer. It's invaluable to me.

Dammit, this dude is so jolly, positive and amicable when he's won a competition... I think we should award him a prize each week or something.