Login

Announcing our "Some Like it Hot" Story Competition

last reply
18 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
At this time of year, many of us around the globe, are experiencing extremes of temperature. Sun worshippers might be trying to escape the 40°C heat by dipping into the cooling surf at Bondi or Copacabana Beach. Snow lovers may be finding ways to warm their cold aching bodies after a hard day on the slopes at Val d’Isère or Keystone.

Competition Theme

Stories entered into this competition, must feature an extreme of temperature, as a core plot element. Perhaps your characters like playing bdsm games with ice cubes or candle wax, or surprised by a cold glass dildo? Has a sweaty gym or sauna session turned into something more? Maybe your cast are stranded in deep snow, and need to somehow conserve body heat?

Full details here.
Lurker
Ooh, exciting! I have no idea what to write!
Head Nurse
fun stuff, and I love the beach!
Matriarch
Stories are to be restricted to 3500 words, as an added challenge

A heads up - temperature contrasts are of most interest to the judging panel. The use of both hot and cold in storylines, is more interesting, than simply a "hot sex on the beach" type story.
Lurker
im a little confused on this one.. as im not sure if we can write a fantasy in this competetion or not?
Scarlet Seductress
Quote by intellect
im a little confused on this one.. as im not sure if we can write a fantasy in this competetion or not?

The only requirements for entry are:

1 - It must be a story (not a poem)
2 - It must be less than 3500 words in length
3 - The story must be relevant to the competition theme

It can be a fantasy story if you wish.
Lurker
So I spent all morning devising a triple-twisted, melodramatic thriller before reading this. I had fifteen characters!

Quote by nicola
Lurker
Quote by Liz

The only requirements for entry are:

1 - It must be a story (not a poem)
2 - It must be less than 3500 words in length
3 - The story must be relevant to the competition theme

It can be a fantasy story if you wish.

thanks hun
Lurker
No ideas at the moment, but I will just have to get the old cogs working.
Active Ink Slinger
ooo...I was just finishing a story that would have met the criteria and subject matter save for the word limit. I took a crack at editing my story ...which no doubt improved it as a result...but there's no way I'll be able to trim it down to that few words with character development and the back story ....alas, I will admire my second place trophy from the supernatural competition a few months ago and bask in the glory thereof....good luck to all entrants!

P.S. My new story features a Studebaker truck!
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
Head Nurse
Quote by nicola

A heads up - temperature contrasts are of most interest to the judging panel. The use of both hot and cold in storylines, is more interesting, than simply a "hot sex on the beach" type story.

Have you been to the beach in January? hot and cold all at once!
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
Hmmm??? Going to have to think carefully about this one. I like a good challenge though.

*Edit*

I've got it and started writing. I'm excited about this one.
Her Royal Spriteness
Is luke warm considered an extreme temperature?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Cryptic Vigilante
One of my planned stories features a cold-hearted bitch, would that work?

I mean, she's really cold-hearted.
Lurker
Quote by SereneProdigy
One of my planned stories features a cold-hearted bitch, would that work?

I mean, she's really cold-hearted.

Lol, only if she gets fucked in hot water
Lurker
So I have a pretty nice idea. But I'm just making sure it works the limit hehehe
Charming as fuck
Quote by sprite
Is luke warm considered an extreme temperature?

Only if Luke is normally cold...