last reply
36 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

only if they're written by a beagle... you're not a beagle, are you...?

As if you didn't already know that...

How about just dark, minus the storms? (Me. I really don't remember much about the rest of the party.)
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

I will if you will.

878 words, plonker. better get out your typewriter.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I worked out a story for the last competition that already had shades of Goth (as most of the things I tend to write do). All I need do is change the plot a bit.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by VirgoGo
I hope this isn't too obtuse a question, but many gothic/horror stories run do not comply with the Lush content guidelines....for instance, Poe buried people alive....Shelley dismembered corpses and killed.....I've been pursuing an idea that hits up against the content guidelines, in part because it's hard to evoke terror without spilling some blood. Do I need to reconfigure, or is "gothic" a special circumstance? Frankenstein, for instance, runs afoul of the Lush guidelines as there are deaths depicted.

Many thanks for any guidance you can provide.

We were actually discussing this the other day. The content guidelines were primarily written to stop people from submitting snuff and gore fiction. You can probably imagine some of the seriously disturbed stories that we have had to reject that have never seen the light of day here. Choking someone to death mid-coitus or shaving someone's cock off with a cheese grater is not sexy.

As this competition theme naturally leans towards certain horror elements, I think the moderating team will be pretty flexible. The best advice is to keep in mind what sort of story people come to Lush to read and to try and rein in any urge to go full Tarantino.

Hope that helps? smile
Cocolicious
0 likes
Quote by VirgoGo
I hope this isn't too obtuse a question, but many gothic/horror stories run do not comply with the Lush content guidelines....for instance, Poe buried people alive....Shelley dismembered corpses and killed.....I've been pursuing an idea that hits up against the content guidelines, in part because it's hard to evoke terror without spilling some blood. Do I need to reconfigure, or is "gothic" a special circumstance? Frankenstein, for instance, runs afoul of the Lush guidelines as there are deaths depicted.

Many thanks for any guidance you can provide.

We are aware of the issue as Liz said. What you and every entrant should remember is that for THIS competition, we are more apt to accept a store that killing, blood letting and other issues that are utilized to develop the story. We will absolutely not accept a story where the sex is bloody or excessively violent. Please do not literally fuck someone to death or fuck a corpse.
I'm not for everyone
0 likes
What about fucking someone back to life?
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by gilrenard
What about fucking someone back to life?

You've been looking over my shoulder again.
? A True Story ?
I'm not for everyone
0 likes
Quote by avrgblkgrl

You've been looking over my shoulder again.

I only steal, I mean, get inspired by, the absolute best
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by sprite

use that canned air stuff - it's waaaay better than a feather duster.

Sprite,shouldnt a Swiffer duster be good enough? lol
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by sprite

2385 words, princess, and trudging along slowly. And yes, it's on a typewriter cuz I'm cool like that.
Matriarch
0 likes
There's just over 2 weeks before the competition closes.

A gentle prod for those who are working on their pieces!