Announcing our Festive Unexpected competition

last reply
77 replies
6.6k views
5 watchers
138 likes
Living bi-cariously through Lush

Quote by TheShyThespian

Unfortunately, I exceeded the new 10-word limit 😕. My attempted draft just seemed to keep on growing, despite my hopes of 4-6k story. So I apologise for the length of this tale - and, indeed, the title. I was challenged to find a one-word title; I failed. I therefore give you: If Brussels is only the Appetizer, Then What on Earth is Helions Bumpstead, and hope that at least two people will, at some point, read it 😊.

You failed to keep even your title within ten words! Excellent story nonetheless.

My Dirty Talk competition entry: No-Dating Policy

I get dicked by a federal agent. My top-ten Noir competition entry: Dick Job

My alliteration-addled Free Sprit competition entry: Buff Bluff in Banff

Card catalog? Hard catalog! My library

Having fun!

Good to see there are so many entries to this competition (68 so far if I counted correctly). I wasn't going to enter but was drawn in at the last moment. It was the idea of 10,000 words and an enticing idea that in the end hooked me.

It is also (probably) the last competition I will be able to do for a while as I am touring around Australia until April. It is hard to write and drive a campervan (lol), but I do plan to log in and occasionally post my already-written "Clare" book chapters.

A standalone gay male story: The Queens Head

A standalone historical story: A Good Life

A standalone monster sex story: "Shadows"

Headbanging ape from cold North 🤘

That's pretty good for a comp with no size limit beyond the usual 10K. I have done minimal reading, sadly. Lots happening. My writing is mostly stalled due to life (and mood to some degree) as well. Best wishes to all! The deadline looms and then the judging. I see that they have wisely given 15 days for the judging. I will actually be on a cruise ship by the time the results come down but will have wi-fi so hopefully can check in at some point that week to see the list.

A poem for your enjoyment. Little something that came to me a couple days ago

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-mistake-4

puts the ‘ass’ in ‘class’.

I seem to have acquired a contestant badge without entering. 🤣X

‘The pious fable and the dirty story
Share in the total literary glory.’

W.H. Auden

Simple Scribbler

Hello… Helllllloooooo… Is anybody home?

Did my booty bounce get anyone’s attention?

Just wondering if comp results were still on track for Monday? smile Many inquiring minds would like to know…

Her Royal Spriteness

Quote by KimmiBeGood

Hello… Helllllloooooo… Is anybody home?

Did my booty bounce get anyone’s attention?

Just wondering if comp results were still on track for Monday? smile Many inquiring minds would like to know…

yes.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Simple Scribbler

Quote by sprite

yes.

Thank you! 😘

Her Royal Spriteness

Quote by KimmiBeGood

Thank you! 😘

my pleasure

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger

I didn't have an entry in this comp, so this isn't sour grapes, but it seems like going 300 words over the limit should disqualify an entry, and certainly shouldn't be the first place winner. I'm sure there were many who edited their story heavily in order to stay within the 10k limit.

Partner-in-Lust / Cummunist

Quote by 2bespanked

I didn't have an entry in this comp, so this isn't sour grapes, but it seems like going 300 words over the limit should disqualify an entry, and certainly shouldn't be the first place winner. I'm sure there were many who edited their story heavily in order to stay within the 10k limit.

The story is less than 10k, that counter is off. The valid count is the Lush editor (and I even double-check pasting on Word).

Curiosity is one of those insatiable passions that grow by gratification.
Simple Scribbler

Hiya fearless leaders wave

Eager authors would like to know if a new comp is coming soon. smile

Her Royal Spriteness

Quote by KimmiBeGood

Hiya fearless leaders wave

Eager authors would like to know if a new comp is coming soon. smile

nope. that's it. last one. way too much work and Jen and I are getting old and tired.

Charming as fuck

Lol. Sorry, my fault!! Monday next week probably 😘

Simple Scribbler

Quote by sprite

nope. that's it. last one. way too much work and Jen and I are getting old and tired.

Ha! Seriously, I wouldn’t blame you… 😉

Simple Scribbler

Quote by Jen

Lol. Sorry, my fault!! Monday next week probably 😘

No worries, just wondering. Comps are the best reads to me. smile