Big tick on my 'bucket list'

last reply
34 replies
3.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Troublemaker
0 likes
I can't believe I missed this thread. Congratulation Saucy!!! Having not read your book yet I'm already impressed as the quality required to get a publisher speaks for itself. I think I'm just as impressed with the amount of hustle and determination this must have taken. Totally cool!!!
HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!
0 likes
Quote by Ping

OMG Mags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so DAMN cool!

I'm sure many of us have thought about doing this, but YOU DID IT!!!

Now, how do I read this without a Kindle. Damn it. I'm so far behind with technology.
I just got rid of my pica typewriter.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean - I still write with pen and paper (quill and parchment actually, but we won't talk about that).

I'm afraid the book didn't get issued in paperback. It might in the future, though. You never know.

Thanks for the brilliant comment
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
I can't believe I missed this thread. Congratulation Saucy!!! Having not read your book yet I'm already impressed as the quality required to get a publisher speaks for itself. I think I'm just as impressed with the amount of hustle and determination this must have taken. Totally cool!!!
HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!

Thank you Big thanks to Peri too xx
It did take a lot of time and effort to get this book published and publicising it now that it's out there is even harder. I'm a woman of few words (bit odd for a writer, but there we go) so spouting reams about my achievement doesn't come naturally. I really appreciate the encouragement.

Book number two (not a sequel) is underway. Estimated completion date December 2017. Possibly 2018. It's a big lumpy 95K roller-coaster romance (with sex, of course) so it may take me a while to polish it. Watch this space
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Saucymh
I did it! My debut novel has been published

It's taken three years and three complete re-writes, but I've finally been signed by Fireborn Publishing who have just released my novel, The Devil on Her Shoulder, via their website and Amazon. To say I'm thrilled is an understatement.

Before I post the links (US and UK), I must say thank you to JWren who edited all three versions of my manuscript and polished my work so beautifully. He's a superstar. Also, a huge thank you to everyone here at Lush - this is my 'writing home' and a supportive, fun place to learn and grow. Cheers folks

https://www.amazon.com/Devil-Her-Shoulder-Mags-Hayward-ebook/dp/B01NBYXODQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485624960&sr=8-1&keywords=The+devil+on+her+shoulder

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Devil-Her-Shoulder-Mags-Hayward-ebook/dp/B01NBYXODQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1485628366&sr=8-2&keywords=the+devil+on+her+shoulder

Many congratulations! Stumbled across this thread and hope your new book is on target and going well xx
Lurker
0 likes
Bucket list item: Very public sex.
I did that way back in 1976. My girlfriend and I had sex in a huge swimming pool filled with kids, moms, and dads. She sat on my lap as I squatted down in the shallow end of the pool. My trunks had a zipper so we bounced around the pool fucking and no one knew. It was a memorable event.