Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Please give me a hand at being less introverted.

last reply
6 replies
1 watcher
6 likes

G'day Lush. I've slowly been trying my best to become less introverted and the first attempt in that process is that I'm going to be doing it from behind the safety of my keyboard and screen here on Lush. I've recently made a bunch of updates to my profile and also have begun to try writing again. I hope that they will positively add to archives here. Feel free to pop on by my profile and look around, read a story, or drop me a message.

Cheers.

Feel free to check out my newest attempts at writing with my series, A Teasing Journey.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
- Albert Einstein

Good plan. The community here is generally good-natured and supportive. Posting in the forums is a pretty good low-stakes way of getting involved. The more you participate, the more people will get to know you. Publishing stories can also generate positive feedback and interaction with other members (I see you've got a few already) as will reading and commenting on the stories of others. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Don't believe everything that you read.

Welcome from another introvert! I’ll peek at your profile later today! 😊

Better to be who you are than spend time and energy trying to or pretending to be something you're not, I'd say. The 'in crowd' might do things in a way that just isn't you, for example. It doesn't mean you or they are wrong, If you put yourself out there and be yourself, then that's what people respond to. I'd rather wait longer for people interested in me being me, than make up something for clicks and hits. I'm a newcomer, but very confident in what I'm looking for and equally what I'm not. An introvert being themselves will fair better than anyone who's not, but who thinks the 'real' them isn't enough.

Just my view, that's all. No offence to anyone who sees things differently.

Introvert in real life, too? If so, best to work on that aspect than by doing so online.

Farmers Markets is the place to work on yourself. People love talking about vegetables and what they'll cook w/ said ingredients. Book stores are a plus, too.

Online? Idk how you'll do but enjoy the ride.

Quote by JustForYou

Better to be who you are than spend time and energy trying to or pretending to be something you're not, I'd say. The 'in crowd' might do things in a way that just isn't you, for example. It doesn't mean you or they are wrong, If you put yourself out there and be yourself, then that's what people respond to. I'd rather wait longer for people interested in me being me, than make up something for clicks and hits. I'm a newcomer, but very confident in what I'm looking for and equally what I'm not. An introvert being themselves will fair better than anyone who's not, but who thinks the 'real' them isn't enough.

Just my view, that's all. No offence to anyone who sees things differently.

I appreciate the thoughts. I am looking at this from the perspective of being tired of being alone in my life and I want to feel comfortable enough to put myself out there in real life and chance making a real connection with people or that special someone. I'm trying my best to become more active here because I think that even if I can possibly translate a minimal amount of some of the self-assuredness I can sometimes feel online into my real life, than it is still a win & a move in a direction I'd like to see myself go.

Feel free to check out my newest attempts at writing with my series, A Teasing Journey.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
- Albert Einstein

' What have you got to lose?' is one of those questions I'd only ever pose to myself, not others, because I know what I'm like. ' What could I possibly gain?' however, is sometimes different. In the latter, you've already identified what the benefits might be, at any or all of the levels you've mentioned. If you enjoy doing something, it will be a far better way to enhance the traits you feel you want to than analysing the worth of it against your own view of yourself.

Enjoyment- Worthwhile- Less Anxious- More Yourself- More Skills Relevant To Both Worlds,

If it doesn't go to plan, you'll have still gained the experiences that will help you and you can use what you've learned elsewhere.

Final thought. If people 'appear' confident, they may be/ they may be good at appearing so/ they are just themselves being themselves and don't feel the need for labels.

Me? Not the first of the options, a mix of second and third. I'd say.