Login

What happened to you in that year?

last reply
360 replies
16.7k views
6 watchers
16 likes
Voyeur @ f/64

my first and only relationship ended. Haven't dated since.

Started working in the best job assignment ever after escaping the worst one ever.

Active Ink Slinger

I married my first wife 😱

Greatest year ever graduated from HS headed to the beach then college.

Active Ink Slinger

Getting ready for the world to end...y2k.

Voyeur @ f/64

Went to my first blues fest at UCLB with my dad:

Marcia Ball, Irma Thomas & Tracy Nelson, Lou Ann Barton, Blues Brothers Band with Wilson Pickett & Lonnie Brooks, Roomful of Blues, Robben Ford, Dixie Hummingbirds, the Yardbirds, The Splinter Group with Peter Green, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, British Blues Reunion with Mick Taylor, Kim Simmonds, Peter Green & Keith Emerson, James Harman, Taj Mahal, Jimmie Vaughan.

My mother was horrified.

Active Ink Slinger

I trecked up a live volcano on Lipari in the Aeolian Islands.

Active Ink Slinger

Went to Las Vegas and San Diego for our 20th anniversary. Was great, I had started my business a few years earlier and was the first time we really spent any together for a long time without the kids.

Trust people to be themselves...

I watched Stone Cold Steve Austin's retirement match on VHS without knowing it was his retirement match.

Only facial hair I could grow was a mustache 😆.

My last published story: Good For Nothing

I was planning to move countries (again!). Oh the joy of freedom of movement within the EU! (Also: 😢😠 at the current situation.)

Candyman

Named by my fellow co-workers as Team Leader (against my desires). I also was the first of my group to be invited to core training as a multi-vendor engineer.

"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

Voyeur @ f/64

Met John Lee Hooker backstage at the Long Beach Blues Festival. He asked me to go get him a beer. I was eleven.

I realised my marriage was a disaster. It took me a couple of years to get up the courage to get out though.

2012: had a heart attack, got divorced, sold my company, retired, bought a sailboat, took off for the Caribbean. Against doctor’s orders I spent 6 months floating around mostly by myself. To the dismay of almost everyone I survived and lived to accomplish a high degree of nothing on a daily basis.

One of my best birthdays that year. Spent the entire day hanging out with friends and my girlfriend at the time.

I changed jobs, got my own private office for the first time. It was bliss! No more prattling co-workers! My productivity went through the roof.

Ended a near 7 year relationship because I was an immature scumbag. Wrote my first erotic short story in December that year.

Adjusting to secondary school still. Officially became a teenager that year and was enamoured with Dragon Ball Z when it first came to Cartoon Network.