Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What reasons are there for people getting their membership revoked ?

last reply
17 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have been exchanging private messages with another member. The last one I received was only yesterday, together with access to a photo album. She never gave any indication that she was planning to give up her membership. Indeed she was very keen to carry on writing to each other. She has posted a number of stories all of which have been well received. The last one was published two days ago. Yet I have just checked out the site and her account no longer exists and all her stories are gone. And of course I am unable to contact her via PMs.
What has happened ? Are there reasons why a person could have their membership revoked ? I realise that she may have her own reasons for leaving so suddenly. But it seems so odd that I wonder if there were other reasons.

Are the site administrators able to shed any light on this ? I can send you her profile name privately if you are able to help. Are you able to help me get in touch with her by giving me the email address she registered with ? Or is that unethical? Any info you can give me would be appreciated.
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
People leave for all sorts of reasons. Some are kicked off by admins for repeatedly breaching site rules or for plagiarism that comes to light, others just up-sticks over disagreements in the forum or story comments or, well, an infinite number of personal reasons. Some of our best authors sometimes just disappear overnight taking all the hard writing work and wonderful story comments with them.

The site owner would not be able to supply contact details as that's a breach of confidentiality, in case the user deleted for personal reasons. Besides that, as far as I know when an author deletes, all their data disappears, email address included.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 109 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 72 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

0 likes
Users leave unexpectedly.

No to getting email address. If user didn't give you outside contact, then why would you think the Mods would give that info. to you?

Plus, you didn't indicate users handle.

Enjoy the users why they exist on the site.

And, Mods are very chill, they just don't*¹ delete users account w/out needing too.

--
Edit: typo fixed*¹
Indentured Grammar Fascist
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

No to getting email address. If user didn't give you outside contact, then why would you think the Mods would give that info. to you?

And, Mods are very chill, they just delete users account w/out needing too.

I think you meant we DON'T just delete accounts w/out needing to. Right? finger hovers over DELETE button

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

A fairly unhelpful answer.

Yes, that's why I said 'I realise that she may have her own reasons for leaving so suddenly'.

I was just asking on the off chance that they could. But I did say 'Or is that unethical?'

No I didn't. But I said I would send it privately if they could help ( protect privacy of the person I am trying to get in touch with).

I do but set up the post to see if there was any helpful explanation .

And, Mods are very chill, they just delete users account w/out needing too.

I didn't think they would delete an account for no reason. I was curious to know what reasons might result in that action
Which is why I titled the post 'What reasons are there for people getting their membership revoked ?'

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by robjw
I have been exchanging private messages with another member. The last one I received was only yesterday, together with access to a photo album. She never gave any indication that she was planning to give up her membership. Indeed she was very keen to carry on writing to each other. She has posted a number of stories all of which have been well received. The last one was published two days ago. Yet I have just checked out the site and her account no longer exists and all her stories are gone. And of course I am unable to contact her via PMs.
What has happened ? Are there reasons why a person could have their membership revoked ? I realise that she may have her own reasons for leaving so suddenly. But it seems so odd that I wonder if there were other reasons.

Are the site administrators able to shed any light on this ? I can send you her profile name privately if you are able to help. Are you able to help me get in touch with her by giving me the email address she registered with ? Or is that unethical? Any info you can give me would be appreciated.

If you PM me the name, I can tell you if they deleted their own account, but that's it I'm afraid.
0 likes
Members get the boot if they spam or flood the site. That's against the rules.
0 likes

Quote by tams_back_yay

I think you meant we DON'T just delete accounts w/out needing to. Right? finger hovers over DELETE button

Very cute.

0 likes
Quote by robjw

A fairly unhelpful answer.

Yes, that's why I said 'I realise that she may have her own reasons for leaving so suddenly'.

I was just asking on the off chance that they could. But I did say 'Or is that unethical?'

No I didn't. But I said I would send it privately if they could help ( protect privacy of the person I am trying to get in touch with).

I do but set up the post to see if there was any helpful explanation .

I didn't think they would delete an account for no reason. I was curious to know what reasons might result in that action
Which is why I titled the post 'What reasons are there for people getting their membership revoked ?'

Must admit that you asking for the site to give you their email was funny. Don't fret, users remake often so if they want to make contact, they'll hit you up or play the game of "you don't know that's its me but I will slowly repeat info you freely shared. " it's normal for users who are writers to dip out.

I've been on lush for 6yrs and have only seen one user leave because of certain story category coming back to the site and two other users *--whose accounts were deleted(or even banned from site)--* Robert and Damon. Mind you, the site can change their mind and allow those users back.

You'll get use to my replies being helpful or unhelpful.

--
Edit: *--added to my reply.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Here are a few:

- Spamming
- Posting underage content
- Racism
- Multiple submissions of stories containing banned content e.g. , , etc.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Jen

Many thanks Jen . I have set you a PM.

If you PM me the name, I can tell you if they deleted their own account, but that's it I'm afraid.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Thanks for your replies folks. I think I know now all I'm ever going to know.
Cheers
Robert
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

I've been on lush for 6yrs and have only seen one user leave because of certain story category coming back to the site and two other users *--whose accounts were deleted(or even banned from site)--* Robert and Damon. Mind you, the site can change their mind and allow those users back.

One of those seems to be back.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
Quote by noll

One of those seems to be back.

I'm hoping its DamonX cause I adore him.
He's so sweet.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

He's so sweet.

*snorts*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

He's so sweet.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===