Uploading Images

last reply
36 replies
1.6k views
3 watchers
6 likes
🎵Picture perfect, I paint a perfect picture...🎵
1 like

Forgive me as I'm probably being daft, but I have tried uploading the same image about 4 times now, and it says it's uploaded, yet nothing shows in my gallery. The first time was last night and it didn't show immediately(which I know happens sometimes) but when I checked this morning and it still wasn't showing in my media, I raised an eyebrow.

I have tried three additional times since and get the same visual telling me it's uploaded, but nada. Can anyone shed light on what I'm possibly doing wrong here?

Site administrator
0 likes

This is common when media is uploaded on a Tuesday. Its best to avoid that day of the week. However I have just asked the development team to check if there are any issues with media processing. I will advise back in due course. smile

Edit - 2 minute response from the development team:

'There's a backlog. 926 in the queue. Oldest one in there is from 13 hours ago. I think someone has uploaded a massive batch'

0 likes

Quote by simplyjohn

This is common when media is uploaded on a Tuesday. Its best to avoid that day of the week. However I have just asked the development team to check if there are any issues with media processing. I will advise back in due course. smile

'There's a backlog. 926 in the queue. Oldest one in there is from 13 hours ago. I think someone has uploaded a massive batch'

926 is a crazy number, wow! Okay, it all makes sense now.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

This happens a lot. Welcome to the waiting line, St. James heart

Headbanging ape from cold North 🤘
0 likes

Quote by simplyjohn
There's a backlog. 926 in the queue. Oldest one in there is from 13 hours ago. I think someone has uploaded a massive batch'

A daily cap on number of images or maximum MB or something might be in order. Letting someone swamp the queue like that seems like a bad idea to me. I don't run a media-heavy site with moderation, though, so not sure what is the norm on something like this.

Nothing new on here, but my entry in the latest comp on StoriesSpace took third place!

Read it here: Plus One

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

I posted three images at 7:49 pm Lush time yesterday. They finally showed up just now at 8:27 am -- 12 hours, 38 minutes. In that time, there have only been 6 pages of new gallery, 150 images, added, with some pics posted as many as five times.

At 12 images per hour processed and multiple attempts ala Carlton, it's no surprise there are 926 waiting.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

And why does uploading to your Misc folder take hours, too? There is no Gallery posting involved. It makes it pretty hard to respond spontaneously to a forum post when its a page gone by the time you have an image to select.

0 likes

I have to assume since I made multiple attempts, others have as well, which contributes to the delays. I will know not to clog the queue next time, and hopefully this thread sheds some light for others as well.

Oh, and my story cover uploaded(5 times 😭), so I deleted the excess 4 and kept the original. Thank you once again, simplyjohn and everyone else who contributed.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Quote by CarltonStJames

I have to assume since I made multiple attempts, others have as well, which contributes to the delays. I will know not to clog the queue next time, and hopefully this thread sheds some light for others as well.

Oh, and my story cover uploaded(5 times 😭), so I deleted the excess 4 and kept the original. Thank you once again, simplyjohn and everyone else who contributed.

Pro tip, once you get green check mark, that's it, don't do anything else. Image/video will soon be processed and you'll see it hrs later on your folder. Upload once, set it and forget it.

Voyeur @ f/64
1 like

Okay, back to an acceptable few minutes before display. So I have to ask -- what the heck is it with Tuesdays? This seems to be an ongoing thing. Are people just over the Monday back-to-work blues and starting to feel frisky again?

Anyway and whatever. Glad things are flowing in a better way now.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

What is this "processing"? Assuming it is something done by a computer, how can it possibly take more than seconds?

If you are saying humans moderate every image, the upload dialog should make that clear. Is there any way to preview what it will look like if it is approved? Is there any way to see what I've submitted but hasn't been approved?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by Trousseau

What is this "processing"? Assuming it is something done by a computer, how can it possibly take more than seconds?

If you are saying humans moderate every image, the upload dialog should make that clear. Is there any way to preview what it will look like if it is approved? Is there any way to see what I've submitted but hasn't been approved?

You don't recall what you upload to be processed into your media folder? You have to know by now that users upload a ton of pics at once that it clogs up the uploads.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by simplyjohn

Remember.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

You don't recall what you upload to be processed into your media folder? You have to know by now that users upload a ton of pics at once that it clogs up the uploads.

This is my first attempt to upload an image since LS 2.0 so I was not aware that a human would have to look at the image before I could see what it looks like on the site. If the upload dialog had made that clear, I wouldn't have uploaded trial versions of my cover image and wasted mods' time. I guess I need to change my story workflow so I can get the cover approved before I'm ready to submit the story.

Charming as fuck
0 likes

Quote by Trousseau

This is my first attempt to upload an image since LS 2.0 so I was not aware that a human would have to look at the image before I could see what it looks like on the site. If the upload dialog had made that clear, I wouldn't have uploaded trial versions of my cover image and wasted mods' time. I guess I need to change my story workflow so I can get the cover approved before I'm ready to submit the story.

It's not a manual intervention. We don't need to approve them. Sometimes someome can upload a whole batch at once and it slows the process down, especially overnight, UK time

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by Trousseau

No one stated that a human was approving any image upload to lush. It takes a while for images to process as I've quoted what John said previously. Give it a few hrs and you'll see the pics you've upload in your designated folder soon. You haven't wasted anyone's time, you had a question and it was answered. We're all waiting for pics to process.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

I wanted to add an image to a post in Rumps this afternoon around 2:30 pst. I uploaded it to my Misc folder on my media page and waited. After an hour, I went back to the post and used the Upload function there. It took about five minutes to load. The first try still hasn't appeared (4:25 pst), so there seems to be separate functions running depending on how you upload and where. I can't imagine anyone posting pics in the chat rooms given the time lags -- or is all by external url?

I also noticed that uploads to any folder are no longer timestamped, just dated.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

It took 5hrs for pic to process.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

I uploaded two small images at 4:43 pst -- one to Public, one to Misc. It's 8:12 now and neither has arrived. I've given up on the one from 16 hours ago.

In that time around a hundred images have been posted to the Gallery. That's about 15 seconds of processing time. So where are all these backlogged images going? Personal folders? Chat Rooms? Where?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by Trousseau

Ok, I ran out of lush lives aka pvt lush messages--used 7 on you and well, here I am using the threads as a way of communication--so, hold your can to your ear and tug on cord so we can talk/ hear each other.

Pics should have uploaded to your media folder of choice.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by kistinspencil

I uploaded two small images at 4:43 pst -- one to Public, one to Misc. It's 8:12 now and neither has arrived. I've given up on the one from 16 hours ago.

In that time around a hundred images have been posted to the Gallery. That's about 15 seconds of processing time. So where are all these backlogged images going? Personal folders? Chat Rooms? Where?

Best to use tumblr cause your uploads to threads/walls are little boxes over a large image. Plus, you don't like to wait for images to process lol I cannot not laugh at you guys asking nonstop about the same issue.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

LOL! My pics finally showed up in my media, but when I went to use one for the cover, there was no way to tell it to use one that I had uploaded. Instead, I had to upload it again, but it was instantly available! So for my purposes, I guess this queue stuff doesn't affect me. (In old LS, you selected a cover image from your uploads, so I assumed I needed to upload it first).

Sorry for the confusion, thanks for the help!

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

Best to use tumblr cause your uploads to threads/walls are little boxes over a large image. Plus, you don't like to wait for images to process lol I cannot not laugh at you guys asking nonstop about the same issue.

Okay. Thanks. No more questions, no more images. Got it.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Quote by kistinspencil

Okay. Thanks. No more questions, no more images. Got it.

You're Welcome.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

It took 5hrs for pic to process.

In saying that, this pic was removed from my covers(its playing peek-a-boo)

Why? Idk lol not like I can access cover pics.

And this was the image that I uploaded to public media folder.

After this post, imma stay away from the help/lush has issues threads.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I uploaded an image yesterday to use as my profile pic and it's now been over 24 hours since I did and it hasn't shown up. I repeated this earlier today (over 8 hours ago) and again, there's no sign of it. I got the "processing" message both times so I'm guessing it was actually uploaded.

Site administrator
0 likes

Quote by JustUs

I uploaded an image yesterday to use as my profile pic and it's now been over 24 hours since I did and it hasn't shown up. I repeated this earlier today (over 8 hours ago) and again, there's no sign of it. I got the "processing" message both times so I'm guessing it was actually uploaded.

Could you please open a support ticket for that and include the relevant image:

https://www.lushstories.com/support/new-ticket

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

In a word: no.

Given there is nowhere on that form to do so, how exactly would I "include the relevant image" anyway?

I tried again yesterday using a different image format (in all cases an entirely innocent image, by the way). It still didn't work. I officially give up.

Site administrator
0 likes

Quote by JustUs

In a word: no.

Given there is nowhere on that form to do so, how exactly would I "include the relevant image" anyway?

I tried again yesterday using a different image format (in all cases an entirely innocent image, by the way). It still didn't work. I officially give up.

How about messaging me via your mailbox and uploading the image within the message (camera/upload). Lets see if that works?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I seem to have managed to fix it (mainly thanks to the assistance of @CallmeJayne) by disabling all of the security features I have in place in my browser.