Story submission weirdness

last reply
58 replies
2.9k views
4 watchers
5 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Many thanks to the admins and moderators for keeping us informed. As a new member I'm particularly eager to get at least one story approved and posted. I'm exploring the other site features, which are great, but it's like the difference between a quick handjob and a night with a skilled lover.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I just want to thank everyone for their help and advice in enabling me to finally get my story submitted and published. I did spend about 37 hours believing that it had been successfully submitted before finally coming to the conclusion that it had not, but I will know next time.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Ok deleting your old story and creating a new one that you past does work. My story was approved and was live the next day.

That being said. The story has a hell of a long blank space at the end.  Also the first sentence is showing an additional space between paragraphs.  Neither is showing up in edit mood at all so I can not fix it on my end.  

Lastly we use to be able to see what the mod might have corrected/ fixed for us once the story was approved.  Does that not exist anymore?  If so then how do you expect us to see where our mistakes were so can at least learn and fix it in future stories.

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by bob03567

Ok deleting your old story and creating a new one that you past does work. My story was approved and was live the next day.

That being said. The story has a hell of a long blank space at the end.  Also the first sentence is showing an additional space between paragraphs.  Neither is showing up in edit mood at all so I can not fix it on my end.  

Lastly we use to be able to see what the mod might have corrected/ fixed for us once the story was approved.  Does that not exist anymore?  If so then how do you expect us to see where our mistakes were so can at least learn and fix it in future stories.

The space isn't something we can delete either at the moment, I'm afraid. Not sure if it's something to do with whatever editor your story was formatted in.

Re the changes made, again we've raised that from a verifying point of view. We'd rather people see what changes we might make, either for improvement reasons, or where we've amended something to keep within publishing guidelines.

Glad you got it posted though!

0 likes

If it helps, I had better formatting luck with Mozilla Firefox

Pasting into Safari doesn’t work full stop.

Pasting into Chrome ends up with the formatting and everything off kilter. 

Pasting into Firefix retains the formatting from Microsoft Word. 

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jen
Quote by PJH
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

I have just submitted the story again (or maybe I haven't). It might be in the queue twice, once or not at all but it would be nice to know please.

I checked for you, Paul, but I'm afraid it's still not there. If you go to it on your list of stories and copy the link you can PM it to me, I can take a look from the mod end if you like.

Thank you for this but with me not being very computer literate exactly WHAT (and maybe how) do you want me to copy please? Paul

Copy and paste the text of your story into a new submission and submit. Don't save it as a draft first.

Okay, submit it without saving it as a draft first? But then we can't see what it will really look like. I hope that is fixed eventually, because I've never heard of a site that does that. Well, Stories on Line is a bit like that, because you have to upload the file and never see the final product until it's been published. They do have a "format previewer" that gives you some idea as a sort of test run. But their software is ancient, at least fifteen years out-of-date.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LakeShoreLimited
Quote by Jen
Quote by PJH
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

I have just submitted the story again (or maybe I haven't). It might be in the queue twice, once or not at all but it would be nice to know please.

I checked for you, Paul, but I'm afraid it's still not there. If you go to it on your list of stories and copy the link you can PM it to me, I can take a look from the mod end if you like.

Thank you for this but with me not being very computer literate exactly WHAT (and maybe how) do you want me to copy please? Paul

Copy and paste the text of your story into a new submission and submit. Don't save it as a draft first.

Okay, submit it without saving it as a draft first? But then we can't see what it will really look like. I hope that is fixed eventually, because I've never heard of a site that does that. Well, Stories on Line is a bit like that, because you have to upload the file and never see the final product until it's been published. They do have a "format previewer" that gives you some idea as a sort of test run. But their software is ancient, at least fifteen years out-of-date.

In my case, I had saved then edited then saved and THOUGHT that I had submitted but it eventually became clear that I had not. On advice in this thread, I copied and pasted my already edited and saved story to a 'new' story and submitted from there.

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Jen
Quote by PJH
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

You should be able to submit the draft now. That was sorted today. Thanks.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH
Quote by Jen
Quote by PJH
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

In my case, I had saved then edited then saved and THOUGHT that I had submitted but it eventually became clear that I had not. On advice in this thread, I copied and pasted my already edited and saved story to a 'new' story and submitted from there.

I understand that part. But even if I edited the story first, and put in a 'new story' and submitted in from there, I can't save that new one as a draft first at all? I have to submit it from it directly from the draft? I hope that question is clear.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH
Quote by Jen
Quote by PJH
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

I understand that part. But even if I edited the story first, and put in a 'new story' and submitted in from there, I can't save that new one as a draft first at all? I have to submit it from it directly from the draft? I hope that question is clear.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding your point but if the story is at the ready to submit stage having saved/edited/saved then the copy and pasted version is what was intended to be submitted anyway. I think I saw somewhere that submitting from draft is no longer a problem anyway but I have not written another story so I have not attempted it.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

This is fine for a new story but not for amendment of a story you have already had published because that would mean losing all the original votes and comments. So, for example, adding an existing story to a series means that you have to submit it as if it is a new story. This is just not satisfactory.

“Books are finite, sexual encounters are finite, but the desire to read and to fuck is infinite; it surpasses our own deaths, our fears, our hopes for peace.”

Series: The Eternal Joy Of Sex

A long erotic poem in 4 parts

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-celebration-of-lust-part-1

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dark_Apollo

This is fine for a new story but not for amendment of a story you have already had published because that would mean losing all the original votes and comments. So, for example, adding an existing story to a series means that you have to submit it as if it is a new story. This is just not satisfactory.

I don't think I've ever done that, I mean taking a stand-alone story and later deciding to add it to a series. But yes, I guess it wasn't that hard to do. You would have to edit the story by adding the series name and linking it to the chapter just before it.

Another problem is that the series names didn't make it through the change-over; they have to be "re-created." I have that problem with the fourth chapter of series that was in drafts mode during the transition. Now I have to add a disclaimer saying, "This is actually is the fourth chapter; the other three are such-and-such." Those three are still there, and oddly enough that do have the series name, links and all. It's almost like a counter-intuitive glitch.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Sorry to jump in again but I thought I saw somewhere that the submitting of stories from draft is no longer a problem but I cannot find that post. As mentioned, on advice, I copied and pasted my story from draft to a 'new' story and submitted it that way and it worked. I have now commenced typing another stary and as I usually type a few paragraphs at a time, I have saved what I have done so far to draft. Am I likely to have problems submitting whenever I finish the story (possibly today) please? If I do, I suppose the copy and paste to a 'new' story will be the way to go. One other point, the story that I did post via copy and paste is showing as both unpublished and published but I fear that deleting it from unpublished would also delete the published version-would it?

Rainbow in the Dark
1 like
Quote by PJH

Sorry to jump in again but I thought I saw somewhere that the submitting of stories from draft is no longer a problem but I cannot find that post. As mentioned, on advice, I copied and pasted my story from draft to a 'new' story and submitted it that way and it worked. I have now commenced typing another stary and as I usually type a few paragraphs at a time, I have saved what I have done so far to draft. Am I likely to have problems submitting whenever I finish the story (possibly today) please? If I do, I suppose the copy and paste to a 'new' story will be the way to go. One other point, the story that I did post via copy and paste is showing as both unpublished and published but I fear that deleting it from unpublished would also delete the published version-would it?

Yes, I believe publishing from draft of now fixed - if it doesn't, the copy-paste workaround is fine, but let us know so we know it still needs work.

Your unpublished copy of your published one should be fine to delete - if you want to be absolutely sure, copy it into Word or something before you delete the unpublished one - if it somehow deletes the published one (I think there is zero chance of that happening) submit it again with a note that it was all my fault 😉

Punked competition entry: Punk’s Undead

A very naughty Catholic schoolgirl: Emma (Part 1) (RR) | (Part 2)

Horror: Women Of Dark Desires(RR), Doll Parts (EP), Lo! Baphomet! A Queer Erotic Horror (OS)

A cheeky little micro: Go Fuck Yourself!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

Yes, I believe publishing from draft of now fixed - if it doesn't, the copy-paste workaround is fine, but let us know so we know it still needs work.

Your unpublished copy of your published one should be fine to delete - if you want to be absolutely sure, copy it into Word or something before you delete the unpublished one - if it somehow deletes the published one (I think there is zero chance of that happening) submit it again with a note that it was all my fault 😉

Thank you. I will continue with the latest story and hopefully submit it successfully from draft when completed and edited. I will pluck up courage to delete the unpublished version of the previous one that eventually got published. I will copy it first, just in case. Thanks again. Paul

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

Thank you. I will continue with the latest story and hopefully submit it successfully from draft when completed and edited. I will pluck up courage to delete the unpublished version of the previous one that eventually got published. I will copy it first, just in case. Thanks again. Paul

Sorry-one other point. I put tags on the 'new' page of the story that I am working on but they do NOT appear on the draft. I know that when I copied and pasted the previous one you said there were no tags so do I type them (again) on the draft please?

Mary Poppins
0 likes

I have a little problem, and admittedly it may just be me being stupid. When I put tag words in it is only allowing me to put one down. I used to be able to do it. I put things like wife,husband,threesome,orgy but only the first one appears. Have we changed the way we add them?

Be nice to each other

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Quote by verity100

Have we changed the way we add them?

I haven't tried in anger yet, but I *think* you type one, hit enter, type the next, hit enter, and so on. Each one should then appear below the entry box and you can delete them from there if you like.

It might be nice if it could accept a comma separated list so when you press enter it creates them all in one go, but that has the potential to mean people may just type them and tab out of the box without pressing enter. That might mean the changes wouldn't be committed, so they may be lost when you save/submit.

Try using Enter after each for now and see if that works.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 108 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 72 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Mary Poppins
0 likes
Quote by WannabeWordsmith
Quote by verity100

Have we changed the way we add them?

Try using Enter after each for now and see if that works.

Thank you Mr Wordy. I'll give it a bash. Regards, Verity 
Be nice to each other

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH
Quote by PJH
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

Sorry-one other point. I put tags on the 'new' page of the story that I am working on but they do NOT appear on the draft. I know that when I copied and pasted the previous one you said there were no tags so do I type them (again) on the draft please?

I still can't get an answer on this: a new story has to be submitted from the drafts mode? Okay. but that's not the way it used to be. The former final mode - which showed what the story actually looked like - I can't even remember what that was called. I understand the copy and paste and the saving a copy in Word procedures.
Charming as fuck
0 likes

The bug that previously wouldn't let a story which was saved as a draft then be submitted has been fixed.

You can save stories as a draft and work on them later. You can then submit them once you're ready.

Or you can write a story directly into the editor and submit it straight away. It's up to you.

You can copy and paste from e.g. a word document, but like the previous lush editor, this may strip out some or all of the formatting.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jen

The bug that previously wouldn't let a story which was saved as a draft then be submitted has been fixed.

You can save stories as a draft and work on them later. You can then submit them once you're ready.

Or you can write a story directly into the editor and submit it straight away. It's up to you.

You can copy and paste from e.g. a word document, but like the previous lush editor, this may strip out some or all of the formatting.

Thank you very much Jen.

When I have finished my latest story and am happy with it, I will submit it from draft.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jen

Thanks, I'm going to try it. I think I always used to copy and paste directly from the Word document, and that used to work well enough. I'd add italics within Lush itself. Often I had to adjust paragraph spacing too (there was often too much spacing), which took a bit of time, but I got used to it. 
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Well, I'm still waiting for an answer and I've been ignored from forums, chats, and ticket.
I submitted a story that has been rejected. The message said that the explanation was in the email. Unfortunately I never got an email, not an answer in the forum posts, or chats, and neither the ticket. When I paid for a gold membership it said that it gave quick access to support... well... I submitted it again with a message for the moderator. Let's see what happens now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU CAN'T LET ANYONE COME IN BETWEEN YOU AND THE THINGS YOU'RE PASSIONATE ABOUT IN THIS LIFE, OR IT AIN'T WORTH LIVING.

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by WiseGinger

Well, I'm still waiting for an answer and I've been ignored from forums, chats, and ticket.
I submitted a story that has been rejected. The message said that the explanation was in the email. Unfortunately I never got an email, not an answer in the forum posts, or chats, and neither the ticket. When I paid for a gold membership it said that it gave quick access to support... well... I submitted it again with a message for the moderator. Let's see what happens now.

Apologies. We had teething issues with the PMs that were meant to go along with returned stories, and they were also being sent from a generic admin account instead of the actual story verifier. That has now (mostly) been rectified. We're still getting used to the way things work, so I'll not call it completely fixed at the moment, but most of the bugs have been ironed out.

I can see your story in the queue, so if there are issues with it, someone will get back to you asap to advise. Thanks

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Me again! I have just apparently successfully submitted a story from draft (it says pending which I think is a good sign) BUT I had trouble with tags-as I did with the story that I copied and pasted previously. I entered tags on the original 'new' story but by the time I had started typing and had saved to draft, the tags had disappeared. I tried typing them again on the draft but they did not stay there. I put a note on the note to Mod explaining what had happened (or not happened) and indicated the tags that I wanted.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH

Me again! I have just apparently successfully submitted a story from draft (it says pending which I think is a good sign) BUT I had trouble with tags-as I did with the story that I copied and pasted previously. I entered tags on the original 'new' story but by the time I had started typing and had saved to draft, the tags had disappeared. I tried typing them again on the draft but they did not stay there. I put a note on the note to Mod explaining what had happened (or not happened) and indicated the tags that I wanted.

Further to this can somebody tell me please what I am doing wrong, if anything? I have started another story and added tags on the 'new' story in the same way as I would have done on the 'previous' site with commas after each word. I have typed the first bit of the story and then saved to draft but the tags have now (again) disappeared. On my as yet unpublished story submitted yesterday, I put a note to Moderator explaining about the lack of tags and indicating the tags I wanted. Looks like I will be doing the same again when this latest story is completed and submitted. I just want to know please how to enter tags on the orioginal story so that they are still there when it is saved to draft. Thank you.

If there is already some instruction about this somewhere, I must have missed it, sorry.

Mary Poppins
0 likes
Quote by PJH

Further to this can somebody tell me please what I am doing wrong, if anything? I have started another story and added tags on the 'new' story in the same way as I would have done on the 'previous' site with commas after each word. I have typed the first bit of the story and then saved to draft but the tags have now (again) disappeared. On my as yet unpublished story submitted yesterday, I put a note to Moderator explaining about the lack of tags and indicating the tags I wanted. Looks like I will be doing the same again when this latest story is completed and submitted. I just want to know please how to enter tags on the orioginal story so that they are still there when it is saved to draft. Thank you.

If there is already some instruction about this somewhere, I must have missed it, sorry.

I was told that you need to press "Enter" after each word. Unlike the old way of commas. Hope that helps. 
Be nice to each other

Active Ink Slinger
1 like
Quote by verity100
Quote by PJH

I was told that you need to press "Enter" after each word. Unlike the old way of commas. Hope that helps. 

Thank you Verity, I will try to remember to try that next time. It is too late for this story that I started today because it is already at saved draft stage (with lots to be added) minus the tags.

I hope to be able to continue to post stories as I am doing at the moment going from 'new story' and starting the story there then going to saved draft to add to it further before editing and submitting.

I should have looked back further in this thread because the advice given to you is here.

Thanks again.