Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Publishing stories outside Lush

last reply
4 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Hopefully this is the right spot to ask this question...

If at some point, I choose to publish a collection of short stories as an e-book, is it OK/permissible to use stories I have posted on Lush? Or, do they become property of Lush once I post (like Craiglist)?

Related secondary question... If I did publish in an e-book, I would leave any "re-used" stories posted here. Is there an appropriate or "good" way to tell people reading the book that if they saw the stories here, they are not stolen...I just put them in two places?

Thanks! smile
You retain the rights to your stories as they are your intellectual property. However, if your story is a competition winning piece it should remain here for a period of six months (I think, I need to confirm that.)

If you choose to compile an ebook of stories that you have published here, you can opt to hide them. There is an option for this in your My Stories page. I hope this answers your questions and if not feel free to try posing another.
Quote by cocokisses
You retain the rights to your stories as they are your intellectual property. However, if your story is a competition winning piece it should remain here for a period of six months (I think, I need to confirm that.)

If you choose to compile an ebook of stories that you have published here, you can opt to hide them. There is an option for this in your My Stories page. I hope this answers your questions and if not feel free to try posing another.

I thought it was a year, for comp stories...
Quote by affengeil
If I did publish in an e-book, I would leave any "re-used" stories posted here. Is there an appropriate or "good" way to tell people reading the book that if they saw the stories here, they are not stolen...I just put them in two places?

I don't think that's going to be an issue for you...I've been on Lush four years now, and have stories and poems posted on various sites under Exakta66, DirtyMartini, as well as my real name...not once in any of those years has anyone ever accused me of plagiarizing my own stories...

And yes, I am a published author...recognized by no less than Poets & Writers Magazine...so, I'd say I'm pretty legit...

Poets & Writers - Directory of Writers - Alan W. Jankowski
http://www.pw.org/content/alan_w_jankowski

You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories
Quote by affengeil
If I did publish in an e-book, I would leave any "re-used" stories posted here. Is there an appropriate or "good" way to tell people reading the book that if they saw the stories here, they are not stolen...I just put them in two places?

I don't think that's going to be an issue for you...I've been on Lush four years now, and have stories and poems posted on various sites under Exakta66, DirtyMartini, as well as my real name...not once in any of those years has anyone ever accused me of plagiarizing my own stories...

And yes, I am a published author...recognized by no less than Poets & Writers Magazine...so, I'd say I'm pretty legit...

Poets & Writers - Directory of Writers - Alan W. Jankowski
http://www.pw.org/content/alan_w_jankowski

You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories
Excellent, thank you everyone for the feedback. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't somehow get myself in trouble. smile