Login

Membership Upgrade

last reply
11 replies
1.1k views
2 watchers
0 likes

Hi,

I'm not sure if this isn't answered elsewhere but I couldn't see an obvious place, so here goes!

I recently subscribed at silver level and almost immediately (well, a few days) wish I had gone to gold level. I looked at the upgrade section, but it isn't really an upgrade, its more a pay the full cost of being a gold member rather than a reduced price as I am already a silver member. Am I missing something obvious that I should click, or if I wanted to upgrade it would cost me the full amount?

Thanks in advance,

There is a query in with the development team about the absence of the option to upgrade to gold from silver. I suspect that will be resolved next week when they return from the holidays. I will let you know when that happens.

Thank you for the response - much appreciated!

Quote by Urban_Fox

Do members make payments with their credit cards here. Or what's the preferred/most common payment method?

We use PayPal as our online payment service provider. You can use a PayPal account, a debit card or a credit card.

Quote by Urban_Fox

Thanks. Suspected as much but , still wanted to hear ya say it.

I have tried to upgrade to Lifetime Platinum, via credit card, but it continually directs me to Paypal. I do not have, or want, a Paypal account.

I was a gold member, but had no indication that my membership had expired. There is nothing on my profile showing a membership date...

Quote by GreginOz2

I have tried to upgrade to Lifetime Platinum, via credit card, but it continually directs me to Paypal. I do not have, or want, a Paypal account.

I was a gold member, but had no indication that my membership had expired. There is nothing on my profile showing a membership date...

I have replied to your support desk ticket on this. However the payment will be processed by PayPal which ever option you chose but if you opt to pay by card you dont need a PayPal account.

Quote by simplyjohn

... However the payment will be processed by PayPal which ever option you chose but if you opt to pay by card you dont need a PayPal account.

I used a credit card to renew my membership but said I didn't want to create a PayPal account. Nonetheless, PayPal saved my information and half-created an account for the email address I use for LushStories. Although it processed my payment, it then flagged the account and my credit card due to some perceived irregularity. In their parlance, the account is limited, which means it can neither be used nor deleted. PayPal provides no means to fix this situation.

They now periodically spam me about the useless account that I didn't want in the first place. I have already spent more time trying to undo or delete the account than should be necessary. I expect I will have trouble the next time I try to renew my membership and will have to work around it.

There is something atypical about how LushStories is using PayPal. I say this because I have not had this problem with other sites that use PayPal to process credit cards without having or creating an account.

Maybe it's just me, but I mention it in case others have the same issue.

Quote by Trousseau

I used a credit card to renew my membership but said I didn't want to create a PayPal account. Nonetheless, PayPal saved my information and half-created an account for the email address I use for LushStories. Although it processed my payment, it then flagged the account and my credit card due to some perceived irregularity. In their parlance, the account is limited, which means it can neither be used nor deleted. PayPal provides no means to fix this situation.

They now periodically spam me about the useless account that I didn't want in the first place. I have already spent more time trying to undo or delete the account than should be necessary. I expect I will have trouble the next time I try to renew my membership and will have to work around it.

There is something atypical about how LushStories is using PayPal. I say this because I have not had this problem with other sites that use PayPal to process credit cards without having or creating an account.

Maybe it's just me, but I mention it in case others have the same issue.

Let me look into this. I will PM you in due course.

PM sent 17/3.

i paid for upgrade and havent received it

Quote by tufft69

i paid for upgrade and havent received it

There is no need to post that here given you have submitted a support ticket to which I have replied.