Inbox is unreadable with Dark theme

last reply
15 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I use the Dark theme on the desktop website. I don't do a lot of mail, so I can't say when it broke, but the mail inbox is now unreadable if I select the Dark theme. The margins and menu are actually the Light versions, and the message list is grayed over. It looks as expected if I switch to Light theme.

I assume this is a style sheet issue. If the Dark theme works for other people, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I use Chrome on Windows 10, both up-to-date.
Matriarch
0 likes
I'll ask Gav to take a look.

Thank you for the feedback.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by Trousseau
I use the Dark theme on the desktop website. I don't do a lot of mail, so I can't say when it broke, but the mail inbox is now unreadable if I select the Dark theme. The margins and menu are actually the Light versions, and the message list is grayed over. It looks as expected if I switch to Light theme.

I assume this is a style sheet issue. If the Dark theme works for other people, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I use Chrome on Windows 10, both up-to-date.

I have made some changes to the Dark theme, hopefully these will make it easier to view your messages list.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by gav

I have made some changes to the Dark theme, hopefully these will make it easier to view your messages list.

Test2's profile seems to be down

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Did this fix ever get installed? I'm still seeing the old version.
Site administrator
0 likes
Well yes... do you have the option to disable the Mobile Stylesheet ticked off?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm using a desktop browser. I did not have that option checked, although I just tried it both ways and it didn't make a difference.
Site administrator
0 likes
I will report it to Gav.
0 likes
Quote by Trousseau
I'm using a desktop browser. I did not have that option checked, although I just tried it both ways and it didn't make a difference.

Can you take a screenshot?

I'll check how inbox looks on desktop mode as I now use mobile version on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet.
0 likes

This is how it looks to me:

__

Oh, and I have Chrome set to dark theme too.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just have the default theme in Chrome. This is how the mailbox looks:

This is how a story looks:

0 likes
Quote by Trousseau

This is how a story looks:

Users have been having different issues lately.

I'm sure Gav is looking into them.
Let's give it a few more days.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Trousseau

Try a hard refresh on the page in case it's a caching issue. It's Shift + F5 on Windows.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have done various cache flushing from the forced reload to full local data delete and tried them again now to no avail. I've tried multiple computers and different browsers including a browser that hasn't accessed the site before.

Since my Windows OS and Chrome browser are so generic and up-to-date, I thought anyone could see the same thing I did. When Gav posted about a fix, I assumed it was just a matter of propagation to the server.

It isn't crippling; I just switch to the Light theme when I have to do mail. I just guessed it was an obvious bug with a simple fix (admittedly contradicting a lifetime of experience with computers ).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Gav fixed it!

Thanks! I can go back to the Dark Side
0 likes
Quote by Trousseau
Gav fixed it!

Thanks! I can go back to the Dark Side

YAY!!! clappy hands