How to get out of invisible or "ghost" mode

last reply
12 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I accidently went into "ghost" mode and I see the ghost icon in the top left of my screen. But how do I get out of it?
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Jester2725
I accidently went into "ghost" mode and I see the ghost icon in the top left of my screen. But how do I get out of it?

Settings menu (from cog symbol on top red bar) > Online Status > 'Who can see you?'
Site administrator
0 likes
From the Home page click on the Online and you should see this:

Make me:
Visible to all
Visible to friends
Invisible to everyone
Online - available to chat
Away - unavailable to chat

Visible to all and Online - available to chat should be checked.
0 likes
I too have been unable to get out of the invisible mode. When I first log on, I sign in, and I get the "This page cannot be displayed" notice. I go back to desktop, log on again and lo and behold! I'm already signed in, - and invisible. I've been through all the ritual in Settings, to become visible again, checked all the settings in the Online box, but to no avail. Next time I come on I have to go through the whole thing again. I seem destined to go through my Lush life as a ghost!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by cooldaddy
I too have been unable to get out of the invisible mode. When I first log on, I sign in, and I get the "This page cannot be displayed" notice. I go back to desktop, log on again and lo and behold! I'm already signed in, - and invisible. I've been through all the ritual in Settings, to become visible again, checked all the settings in the Online box, but to no avail. Next time I come on I have to go through the whole thing again. I seem destined to go through my Lush life as a ghost!

Might be a connectivity issue! What about the other sites? Can you browse across the web without any issues?
0 likes
Yes, everything else seems OK, - another site, email etc. This isn't a major problem, more of an irritation. But thanks.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by cooldaddy
I too have been unable to get out of the invisible mode. When I first log on, I sign in, and I get the "This page cannot be displayed" notice. I go back to desktop, log on again and lo and behold! I'm already signed in, - and invisible. I've been through all the ritual in Settings, to become visible again, checked all the settings in the Online box, but to no avail. Next time I come on I have to go through the whole thing again. "****-I seem destined to go through my Lush life as a ghost!"******

Am I awful for thinking this is hilarious?

Too funny..

I'm sorry Cooldaddy!

Maybe you'll get a bugslayer badge!
Code Monkey
0 likes
I think I solved the issue of the reluctant ghosts. Any better now when you login?

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Gav help i still see Casper......that is what i have named him.....giggles
0 likes
Hi Gav, Yes I think you've busted the ghost. Last couple of times has been OK, - straight in, no messing. Thankyou.

Hi Sweetheart. I see you emphasized me going through life as a ghost. Well, I suppose if you have a kind of twisted sense of humour......... No need to be sorry darlin'

Gav deserves the bug slayer badge!
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by cooldaddy

Or a 'Bug Creator' badge.

(He'll tell me off for that, lol.)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by cooldaddy
Hi Gav, Yes I think you've busted the ghost. Last couple of times has been OK, - straight in, no messing. Thankyou.

Hi Sweetheart. I see you emphasized me going through life as a ghost. Well, I suppose if you have a kind of twisted sense of humour......... No need to be sorry darlin'

No, I thought it was funny..but not "mean spirited"!!! Rofl..biggrin

Aww, thanks hon...