Facebook Security Breach Exposes Accounts of 50 Million Users

last reply
2 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Facebook is important to me because I find community there, especially a community of present and former colleagues. And I use it as a touchstone with childhood friends and a few extended family members. I also love the memes, which make me laugh just when I need it.

I seem not to have been hacked this time. That said, I never log onto other sites using my Facebook account (always do a separate password). And, I never, ever link anything financial such as a credit card to my Facebook account, i.e., I don't purchase things through that site. If they do hack me they'll get my birthday, my location, and little else (all things that are 'out there' on the web anyway).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LillyLush
Another security breach in Facebook!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/28/technology/facebook-hack-data-breach.html?action=click&module=Top+Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Knowing what we all know of the mismanagement, greed and general incompetence of this company's leadership begs a simple question; why would anyone with an ounce of brains still have an active account on this train wreck?

That is only one reason that I have never had an account with them. I don't expect to have any in the future either. I am able to live quite nicely without them.
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx