last reply
78 replies
15.0k views
0 watchers
4 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Zel
I did that tree too. They are all really fun, just depends on how you want to play. I usually go Mania cause its massive risk mass reward style and my team can rez me if things go south.

I actually planned my Krieg as a Hellborn/Mania hybrid, I simply preferred to focus on my fire abilities first. I really think that the Mania tree is the core of that character, since that's the skill-tree that boosts his main ability the most (ie. Buzz Axe Rampage). I assume that most people will either go for a Bloodlust/Mania or Hellborn/Mania hybrid; otherwise they'd end up with a fairly weak Buzz Axe Rampage, which would defeat the whole purpose of that character.

And yeah, Krieg definitely is a high-risk/high-reward character, he's actually at his utmost strongest in near-death situations. That's why I called him a 'counterintuitive' character in one of my previous posts: you actually want to be taking damage with him, so many of his abilities truly shine that way. For example when I light myself on fire, although I steadily lose health, I gain +75% fire damage, +50% damage reduction, bonuses to accuracy and reload speed, and my Buzz Axe Rampage regenerates sooo much faster. Krieg isn't called a 'psycho' for nothing, he's genuinely stimulated by pain, haha.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
PC:
XCOM - UFO Unknown
Sim City 2000
The Sims 3
Zoo Tycoon
The Secret of Monkey Island
Elfie in Elfland
Starcraft

NES:
Super Mario Brothers
Mega Man 2

SNES:
Mario Kart

N64:
Goldeneye
Mario 64
Smash Brothers

Wii:
Mario Galaxy

Genesis:
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
The Lion King
Acme All-Stars

PS1:
Dark Forces
Syphon Filter
Need for Speed III

Xbox:
Morrowind
Halo
Halo 2
Project Gotham Racing
Midnight Club II
State of Emergency
Fuzion Frenzie

360:
XCOM - Enemy Unknown
Halo 3
Halo Reach
Oblivion
Skyrim
GTA IV

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Testing The Waters.
0 likes
After playing the remake of Dragon Quest VIII on the 3ds, it has just taken a definitive lead as my #1 game.

Dragon Quest knows how to make a remake, by golly. New content almost from the get-go in the form of blue chests, two new playable characters with excellent new skills who were also beloved NPCs in the original release, post-game content that blows away the already awesome post-game content of the original...

Playing back through a game I already loved to death with all these enhancements has been a couple of weeks of utter joy.
Mana wahine
0 likes
I was Sims girl back in the day (surprise surprise) I got hours of joy out of that in my youth. I recently found Sims 2 and played it for old times sake. Man, 16 y/o me was messed in the head. The shit I put those Sims through.

My brother and I were big fans of DarkCloud. He was better at playing it than I was, but I liked nearly everything about it. The music, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the animations. It was great. We spent many a weekends/school holidays jamming that.

Recently, when I have time, I've been really enjoying watching the Let's Plays on Youtube of Fallout3 and Fallout New Vegas. Not that I own an xbox, but if I did, I'd be playing it.
0 likes

Don’t know if any one still posts here BUT, Hunt:Showdown for PC is one of my favorite games ever. Gritty, perma-death. It’ll definitely kick your ass.

Resident Otaku
0 likes

I'm currently playing Octopath Traveler 2. Huge fan of RPG and JRPGs like the Atelier series, all of the Final Fantasy series, Bravely Default, Ni no Kuni, Breath of Fire and other turn based games. I play Otome games too. Used to love Pokemon, but the newest game isn't so fun for me, and I've definitely outgrown it. Also play casual games like Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing, Story of Seasons, The Sims (all.)

1 like

Super Mario Bros 3 is one of the greatest of all time. Also loved Sonic 2 on the Genesis.

Uncharted 2 can't be overlooked.

My last published story: Good For Nothing

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Knights of the old Republic are some of my favourites but also enjoyed the mass effect series

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

The Quest For Glory games still hold up today. The last game was released in the late nineties and if any game gets a reboot please can it be this franchise.

I am also in a long term and frankly unhealthy relationship with League of Legends which has to top the list for me because though I hate this game, I've played it the most.

"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Resident Otaku
1 like

Quote by PrincessC

The Quest For Glory games still hold up today. The last game was released in the late nineties and if any game gets a reboot please can it be this franchise.

I am also in a long term and frankly unhealthy relationship with League of Legends which has to top the list for me because though I hate this game, I've played it the most.

That's the same for my husband and friends. It's quick and easy for them to get in a game together, although it's the most rage inducing. I stopped playing it entirely some years back because it wasn't fun anymore with who we were playing with. We had one "friend" who spent far too much money on skins, then get perma-banned for toxicity while playing ranked. Another smashed his keyboard 😑 And when some are in a bad mood, they keep banning other team member's picks to be irritating.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Quote by utterchaos

And when some are in a bad mood, they keep banning other team member's picks to be irritating.

Honestly I'm just glad this doesn't only happen in my discord server. Banning another team member's pick is a little funny, I need to remember it next time I play a normal.

"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes

I agree with quite a few of yours. Final Fantasy 6 was great, but FF4 is what really got me into the series. I thought the story was better and the characters were more likable. Arkham City is also among my favorite games.

The 2 best post 2915 games that I loved were the Witcher 3 and the ps4 Spider-Man. I can't wait till the second one.

My all time favorite was Zelda 3: a link to the past. My list would be:

1. A Link to the Past

2. Super Mario Bros 3

3. Spider-Man ps4

4. FF 4

5. The Witcher 3

6. Dragon Warrior 2

7. FF 6

8. Star Wars Tales from the Galaxys End for Quest 2

9. Mortal Kombat

10. FF 7

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I used to play Mariokart with my brother, But the game I really liked was Civilisation.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Baldur’s Gate 3 is a ton of fun, but the story and writing was really lackluster. I fired up Dragon Age Origins because I was interested if I had rose colored glasses about how wonderful it was.

I did not, I would give up it the nod as best RPG ever made.