Login

Weightloss = Looking Younger ?

last reply
14 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
I am just wondering how many of you that have lost weight and look younger at the end of your programme ?

Before I lost weight, I looked about 10 years above my actual age. After losing over 6 stone ( just maintaining my weight these days) ,I look 10 years younger than my actual age . So in essence my weight loss programme took 20 years off my "Starting" age. I think some of this was due to losing fat from my face and making it more narrow .

It is nice receiving compliments about my looks from both genders . Before nobody would give me a second look.
Active Ink Slinger
I am told daily how much younger I look, after losing weight. I’m also told to stop losing weight in my face - like I have control over where I shed the weight, lol.

However, I have seen some people who appear to age on their weight loss journey.
Active Ink Slinger
Thanks for responding .Cant honestly say I have seen the latter . Most people I have seen do look younger after losing weight . But its like anything else , it is possible to go too far and lose too much weight. The part I found most difficult was when I reached my target and trying to just maintain my new existing weight as my diet at that time was geared up for losing weight.
Depends really. Losing weight/inches can give people a confidence boost and they feel better about themselves, might wear outfits that they haven't worn before. I do think weight loss generally makes people look younger. However, a friend of mine lost half her body weight in a short period and honestly looks like she's actually doubled her age! Crazy.
Mana wahine
Someone I used to work with lost a whole heap of weight one summer. She was never what I would have considered 'fat' or 'overweight' or whatever else you wish to call it, she was a healthy weight, but I digress. She lost a shit-tonne of weight and now, if anything, she looks so much older, especially in the face. She's very gaunt in the face. She's almost skeletal now, too skinny and not healthy looking if anything. I don't know her life, I'm not judging her, but in some cases there is such a thing as too much weight lost.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by Lauradj
Someone I used to work with lost a whole heap of weight one summer. She was never what I would have considered 'fat' or 'overweight' or whatever else you wish to call it, she was a healthy weight, but I digress. She lost a shit-tonne of weight and now, if anything, she looks so much older, especially in the face. She's very gaunt in the face. She's almost skeletal now, too skinny and not healthy looking if anything. I don't know her life, I'm not judging her, but in some cases there is such a thing as too much weight lost.

Nature can be cruel . Unfortunately we can't dictate on specific areas as to were the weight needs to be lost from. I had a lot of weight in my face but not quite enough for a double chin . Luckily for me this is an area were I lost weight , which brought my face in so to speak. This is what made me look younger but I also started taking more pride in the way I look as well which also helped. I lost 6 and a half stone over a period of 4 years and now at the upper end of my ideal weight at 12st 3 pounds. Being at the upper end prevented me looking too thin and that skeletal look .
Nerdzilla
I'm the type who has always looked way younger than I am. When I've got a few extra pounds on, people always assume I'm older or my actual age. When I'm down to where I feel best, I get IDed right and left.
Troublemaker
Agree with above, I think a too rapid weight loss tends to lead to slackened skin tone, especially if its a lot of weight. On the other hand regular exercise is going to improve skin tone and chances are the person would be eating better as well which also improves skin tone.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by LYFBUZ
Agree with above, I think a too rapid weight loss tends to lead to slackened skin tone, especially if its a lot of weight. On the other hand regular exercise is going to improve skin tone and chances are the person would be eating better as well which also improves skin tone.

That sounds to me that I did my weight loss in a correct manner . 6.5 stone over 4 years. If being honest some of that was time lost due to mistakes as there is a lot of conflicting advice out there . I also agree about the skin tone as I have really good skin for my age and no wrinkles.
Lurker
I would have to say yes, not only for me but for others that I see in the gym.
Depends. My friends friend lost a lot of weight and her face looks like a well worn leather couch.
It aged her a lot.
Lurker
A question to be considered is, does wieght loss make you look or feel younger? As people lose weight they will be more active, be happier, and move differently. Many people see this as "looking younger" .
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by nut_bolt
A question to be considered is, does wieght loss make you look or feel younger? As people lose weight they will be more active, be happier, and move differently. Many people see this as "looking younger" .

Yes.... to all of those thoughts.... one negative is that if you are older and lose a considerable amount of weight, things will sag like your boobs and skin..... and you may want to sculp that away....
Sexy Mature Female!!
The Linebacker
Some people look older when they lose weight, especially if it makes their face look sunken in.
Sexy Seductive Siren
I would agree. If you're in shape, I think you look better and you definitely feel better about yourself.
Meagan