Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Is there anything I can do to not be so sore after working out?

last reply
42 replies
4.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I have been working out intensely over the past several weeks. As a result, I'm looking better and feeling sore. My question is, are there things I could do to not be so sore after my workouts. I did legs two days ago and I still feel like jello.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by littlebirdie92
I have been working out intensely over the past several weeks. As a result, I'm looking better and feeling sore. My question is, are there things I could do to not be so sore after my workouts. I did legs two days ago and I still feel like jello.

Stop the workouts it's bad for you. Most exercisers seem to die young - there is a village in Italy with the oldest average life span and they all exercise very lightly.
Lurker
0 likes
Alphalipoic acid supplements have been known to help with muscle soreness after excercising. I use it often and my most grueling excercise sessions barely leave me with any soreness now.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
try eating some bananas for the jello feeling in your legs and hydrate and if you access to hot tub or water masager
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Make sure you eat enough to recover, especially proteins. If you do serious weight lifting, 1g of protein / 1 lb lean body weight is a good start. Also drink a lot of water.

You can also take alternate hot/cold showers. Hot for 1 minute, cold for 1 minute, etc.

Another thing you can try is a foam roller to massage your muscles. I haven't tried it myself, but apparently it works wonder for muscle soreness.

Lurker
0 likes
to delay muscle soreness you should stretch the muscles for you have just worked for 10 mins after your workout to reduce doms also you can take an ice cold bath or shower which gets rid of all the toxins left after excersise remember to warm up correctly though prior to your workouts and also stretch muscles prior to workout.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Stop working out and drink wine and party lol
Lurker
0 likes
Ice Bath is the best way that's what i do after a workout sometimes, an always make sure you warm up and warm down after workouts ;)
Lurker
0 likes
I ended up boosting the amount of anti inflammatory foods in my diet. Mainly, to deal with a Healy issue. Positive side effect was lessened muscle soreness. Food for thought.
Lurker
0 likes
Keep doing what you are doing and the body will adapt. Then when you are no longer sore you know it is time to make some changes in your training routine. No pain, no gain is true so long as you can differentiate between i jury and adaptation.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Bananas are good to keep the potassium up, and of course eat something high in protein, because that is what your body uses to build muscle. Your body will adapt to the soreness. I have worked out for a number of years, and I am to the point that I feel a constant twinge of soreness and actually crave it. Working out lowers your blood pressure which is important to having a long healthy life. And it makes you look a lot better and feel better about yourself.
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you everyone for the advice smile I'm feeling better already
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by littlebirdie92

What workouts are we talking about here?

Anything that does impact to the joints is going to be harder on your body and muscles. Swimming, cycling, rowing etc are non-impact work-outs.

You should stretch after the workout whilst you are still warm. Make sure your diet complements your activities.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Lurker
0 likes
Good replies (most lol). I will not echo what has already been stated, but I will warn to make yourself take OFF DAYS! Your body needs them and if you don't take them, you will hit a wall where you stop seeing gains and you actually work against yourself. So get in the habit of taking those off days now if you are not already. It is easy to get into a desire to work out every day, and that is not good (if you are SERIOUSLY working out).

Like Buz, I am to the point where I crave to 'feel' my body and some sign that I have been working out. It is hard to describe to people that need, and how you NEED to "feel" your muscles and body when you are doing nothing, but I have it and it sounds like Buz does as well. And when you don't, it makes you feel odd.
Lurker
0 likes
All of the above.
I take magnesium regularly. Eases muscle aches.
Troublemaker
0 likes
If you are sore two days after a workout and you have been doing it for several weeks you may be pushing too hard and risking injury. You may try taking a bath with Epsom salts which helps leach lactic acid from the body and this will lessen the soreness. I would avoid any pain meds (acetaminophen, ibuprofen, ASA) as these will mask pain and could lead to injury. To check if you are overtraining take your resting heart rate (first thing when you wake up)..if your heart rate is elevated you are overtraining...
and good for you for pushing it!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
A good protein shake with bananas and strawberries and organic peanut butter always works for me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
Make sure you eat enough to recover, especially proteins. If you do serious weight lifting, 1g of protein / 1 lb lean body weight is a good start. Also drink a lot of water.

You can also take alternate hot/cold showers. Hot for 1 minute, cold for 1 minute, etc.

Another thing you can try is a foam roller to massage your muscles. I haven't tried it myself, but apparently it works wonder for muscle soreness.

[img][/img]

1g of protein per lb of lean body weight may seem excessive but it is in the right direction. Also, one thing to consider is that protein in your stomach (generally speaking) digests at a rate of about 35g/3 hours (basically meaning to get enough protein in your diet, eating smaller but more often is ideal).

Bananas are also great post-workout because they are a high GI value carb source. Not to mention they are chalk full of potassium which aids in electrolyte replenishment.
Head Nurse
0 likes
after long runs I love my ice baths! They do a great job of preventing soreness. Although, when I first started them, you could almost hear me from 3 states away!
Lurker
0 likes
Like everyone already said, the right protein intake will help with that. Also a good warm up before, with stretching and a cool down with stretching should help as well!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nope if your not sore your not working hard enough
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Work harder it's better and you will gain more from it
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Stretch. Ideally before and after, but the after part is more important. Do a cool down.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Stretching, cooling down, and hot/cold water are all great advice as long with everything else listed here. I find that (a relatively gentle) swim the day after intensive exercise helps to counter those aches and pains that kick in the day after next!
Lurker
0 likes
You can try Milk Thistle. It's readily available in the vitamin sections of groceries and pharmacies.

Some of it is genetic. I'm the kind of person that gets very sore whenever I change my workout. Check out Pavel Tsatsouline's work. He has some good information on increasing performance without increasing soreness.
Lurker
0 likes
It's normal to be sore your first few mornings after workouts, but your body should acclimate. If you're consistently sore, you're overdoing it. Make sure you're warming up and cooling down responsibly, and not going overboard with any stretching.
Lurker
0 likes
If I need immediate relief for terrible sore-ness (to the point of cramping), I'd spray on a bit of Perskindol.
Otherwise, all of what's been mentioned above (warming down, hot shower followed by cold rinse-off, etc.) works well for me too.x
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Truthfully I have been working out for about 1.5 hours with weights then running (basketball) and then about a 30 minute sauna sit at around 180 to 200 with lots of water really helps your muscles Its a great place to stretch because warm muscles are more willing to stretch
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Truthfully I have been working out for about 1.5 hours with weights then running (basketball) and then about a 30 minute sauna sit at around 180 to 200 with lots of water really helps your muscles Its a great place to stretch because warm muscles are more willing to stretch
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I forgot to say i do all that and i dont get sore