Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Is there anything I can do to not be so sore after working out?

last reply
42 replies
4.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It could be how you're working out too. Bad form, posture, or technique could be part of it too. Maybe your body is trying to tell you something? If after "several weeks" you're still getting as sore as you were in the beginning, have someone watch to be sure you aren't doing something wrong.

Or, maybe you aren't stretching out long enough or good enough before your workout? Drinking enough water before, during, and after the workout?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
YES!!!!!!!!!

(This is so cool! I NEVER know what to say when people ask questions on Lush... But THIS one I got nailed!!!!)

QUIT WORKING OUT!

(I should charge money for this shit, like a Life Coach or a Hooker... Actually my Life Coach is actually also a Hooker... It's kind of fucked up to be honest... She tells me that I should be less submissive and more dominating and forceful in my life... But then for an extra $300 she lets me tongue her ass while she calls me a filthy needle dicked inadequate... It's complicated. And fucking expensive, quite frankly. I always tip her an extra $50. Just to remind her who's really in charge...)

*Bows!*

xx Steph
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
of course working out will btough when you start and your body will let you know. Just work out every other day so take a day off in between so your body can relax. Drink enough water while working out and if you feel like you cant handle something dont do it or do less of it. You really shouldnt overdo it a slow progress is much better. I work out aswell and have been for a year now so if you have any questions feel free to ask
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Epsom salt, ice, heat...you must rest your muscles. Exercise burns lactic acis, so after weights do cardio. Don't train heavy days in a row. Rest is the best for soreness. Don't overdo it...stretch!!!!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Drinking tons of water flushes out the lactic acid.

I also add Arnica after a particularly strenuous workout to help with muscle repair.
The intellect is always fooled by the heart. ~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld
Lurker
0 likes
stretch and take some glucosamine
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know this thread is old, but I think it would be helpful to put all the suggestions together.

First of all being a little sore after working out is not uncommon and not necessarily harmful. However if you are in pain after every workout, you should seriously reconsider the way you work out. it's important to take days off from working out and not to overdo it.

Things that can help avoid soreness:
1. A thorough warm up
2. Stretching after cooling down
3. Sauna always helps me
4. Instead you can take warm and cold showers
5. Staying hydrated
Lurker
0 likes
Like seeing most all the response - good suggestions. When I was much younger I didn't do this - but with age comes wisdom (and injury...) - now I do a dynamic warm-up (about 5 minutes of light movement - increasing a bit each movement - the Insanity program has a great dynamic warm-up I think) - then do some stretching - then my workout - and then the absolute key for me is to do stretching after my workout. I never did this when young - and when I skip it now I feel it. Find a good solid 5 minutes of stretching does wonders. Of course, all the other suggestions about hydrating and eating properly (pre and post) workout are great.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On my first day as a gym novice, personnel thought I'm one of the enthusiast. I was told to spend 30 minutes on a stationary bike. After a few minutes, I started to feel as if my 'down there' was being pounded forcefully and to ease the pain I just had to put towels on the seat. I find the situation hilariously funny but after that first day at the gym I was not able to walk straight for days. Ice bath did the trick.
Lurker
0 likes
Most people suffer soreness because they don't eat well enough after their workouts. A close friend of mine is an amateur bodybuilder and diet/nutrition and sleep are the key points to the body recovering. You don't have to be a bodybuilder to gain from their advice. Staying hydrated throughout the day and not just you workout is also important.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Give muscle groups 24-72 hours rest, and work out daily to burn the lactic acid that causes the burn. Hot showers, sauna, massage, stretch!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Stretching with foam rollers or weighted balls right afterwards, and drinking a ton of water...