Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

I may need to get a new brain soon. Mine is very dirty. No really, I have a cyst, and may need surge

last reply
47 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Tnadnuder
Best of luck. I am currently between neurologists due to what they first called "water on the brain" over 3 decades ago. [Wore a football helmet @ Recess in "primary school" (Grades 1-3).]
. Sorry to hear that, and you made me think of Cougar Town, when Travis had th wear a helmet in college. I find laughing helps a lot.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nerdy_Castle
. Sorry to hear that, and you made me think of Cougar Town, when Travis had th wear a helmet in college. I find laughing helps a lot.

Thanks for the sorry... I was known as "The Punmaster" at my alma mater & make my nephews sick of my jokes... But find it hard to laugh at myself.
Lurker
0 likes
Would help, if you could. I try to laugh everyday, but I am easily amused. I will start randomly laughing at a very lame joke. Like, what do you call pigs playing tug a war? Pulled pork.
0 likes
Quote by Nerdy_Castle
I am sorry you went through what you did, and glad you are better. This is an old thread anyway, I had forgotten about it, then it just popped up. I put on my wall, I am on some meds to see if it will help with the headaches.

I don't want your sympathy.

See, Castle, that's the key difference between someone who actually lives with the diagnosis of a brain tumour/other anomaly, and someone who makes up a possible diagnosis of a brain tumour/other anomaly. The latter goes around dragging the depths for attention/sympathy, the former deals with what is known and what is unknown and moves the fuck on.

"[You're] on some meds to see if it will help with the headaches"? Sooo...you have headaches. Yet no MR imaging, no angiograms, no seeing neurosurgeons. Trust me on this, if you had an actual cyst of any size, that was suspected of causing mass effect (the expansion of the cyst squishing your brain against your skull) and thus headaches (although these would more than likely come with other symptoms--tremors, mild to severe seizures, weakness on the side opposite the side of the brain where the cyst is located), you would have long since been past the surgery stage--the meds come after the cut/no cut decision.

"...glad you are better..." No, dear. Once a year or so, my thoroughly diagnosed cavernous haemangioma will bleed out, causing the aforementioned mass effect, causing me to have to have yet another MR study of my brain to rule out massive, fast bleeding, and once that's been ruled out, I do take a boatload of prescription pain medications and others, because, as I mentioned before, mass effect generally doesn't just manifest itself as one symptom--it shows up as headaches, weakness (on my right side, in my case), and sometimes, tremor. No seizures yet, but whatever.

In summary, sure, my diagnosed, inoperable but benign brain tumour might decide one day to bleed out massively and kill me, but the odds are far higher of me just being hit by a bus or something. I do not spend my time whining and whimpering for attention, and I surely never would have mentioned my issue had you not started with your "Look at me! I'm a survivor!" threads.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Lurker
0 likes
I did have a CT, and an MRI. I don't think it is serious, and I I die, I die. Death fears me, I don't fear it. Like I said, this was posted a while back, and I had forgotten I posted it. Then it pops up. Though you do not care about me, I wish you were not in that kind of pain.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

I don't want your sympathy.

See, Castle, that's the key difference between someone who actually lives with the diagnosis of a brain tumour/other anomaly, and someone who makes up a possible diagnosis of a brain tumour/other anomaly. The latter goes around dragging the depths for attention/sympathy, the former deals with what is known and what is unknown and moves the fuck on.

I've lived 3 decades with my issue, including multiple shunts (pumps for the "water") & surgeries to fix/replace them, & think you need to MTFO, as you have no clue what any of that is truly like as you've never lived with a brain to have water on.
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you Tnadunder.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Nerdy_Castle
I would love those nurses

I checked your profile to make sure I sent you some nurses who would work best. Glad to hear you're on medication that might help. Good luck Nerdy_Castle. I hope you heal quickly.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nerdy_Castle
Thank you Tnadunder.

More than welcome... I was simply being honest, which is not (that I recall) anything I ever do specifically for anyone.
Lurker
0 likes
I really want to thank everyone. I had forgotten about this. I am dealing with it through comedy. Hence the dirty mind. smile
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nerdy_Castle
I really want to thank everyone. I had forgotten about this. I am dealing with it through comedy. Hence the dirty mind. smile

Not a problem, especially on a site like this.

I've had a few neurologists & neurosurgeons over the years, & I usually request they treat my head like a museum or something: Fix problems, & otherwise, leave it the way you found it.
Lurker
0 likes
The healthcare system sucks. Always have, more then likely always will. May I add, I am not blaming just one person, all politicians are to blame.
0 likes
Quote by TNanuder
I've lived 3 decades with my issue, including multiple shunts (pumps for the "water") & surgeries to fix/replace them, & think you need to MTFO, as you have no clue what any of that is truly like as you've never lived with a brain to have water on.

Says the guy with no avatar and no stories posted.

I'm sorry that you were born with hydrocephalus. That is unfortunate. I was just expressing my frustration with the OP's reticence about her actual diagnosis--do you know of any brain cysts/tumours/anomalies that can be treated with non-chemotherapy medication alone? No? That's because there are none.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

Says the guy with no avatar and no stories posted.

I'm sorry that you were born with hydrocephalus. That is unfortunate. I was just expressing my frustration with the OP's reticence about her actual diagnosis--do you know of any brain cysts/tumours/anomalies that can be treated with non-chemotherapy medication alone? No? That's because there are none.

My lack of an avatar or "posted" stories (the latter of which may not even truly be the case) have nothing to do with my facts or opinions on this subject.

You asked me a question, but then gave your own answer & the reason for it. The fact is my neuro- issue has gone three decades without any talk of chemotherapy, just as your life has no doubt flown by without any discussion of neuro- issues, since those are usually expected to require a person who themselves possesses a working brain, which you clearly lack.

Also, Nerdy, since you've decided to continue "speaking" on this topic, do not say something "sucks" simply because your experiences are bad... Simply think about those of us who have had similarly-bad experiences reading your posts, & than you may feel better overall.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Hera has never struck me as being unintelligent and yet that is the second time you have referred to her as not having a brain.

I have seen your posts, Tnadnuder around the forums complaining about other members and their insults, maybe try taking a leaf out of your own book and try being polite.

@ Nerdy_Castle...I hope all is well with you? Have you tried using tiger balm for your headaches? I find it works wonders easing them.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by kiera
Hera has never struck me as being unintelligent and yet that is the second time you have referred to her as not having a brain.

I have seen your posts, Tnadnuder around the forums complaining about other members and their insults, maybe try taking a leaf out of your own book and try being polite.

@ Nerdy_Castle...I hope all is well with you? Have you tried using tiger balm for your headaches? I find it works wonders easing them.

Tried being polite, & you know what happened?! I got banned for a week. Really ironic part of it? It was (reportedly) due to my passing posts onto staff from this forum that were off the topics, as well as sending them PMs I received from other members regarding the same one member (not you or Hera, on a side-note) who I'm told has long been cutting people down & posting off-topic relentlessly, & continues to now without them being punished at all.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by Tnadnuder

Tried being polite, & you know what happened?! I got banned for a week. Really ironic part of it? It was (reportedly) due to my passing posts onto staff from this forum that were off the topics, as well as sending them PMs I received from other members regarding the same one member (not you or Hera, on a side-note) who I'm told has long been cutting people down & posting off-topic relentlessly, & continues to now without them being punished at all.

Maybe you should tell Aunt Olivia??

I merely pointed out that your posts to Hera were rude and uncalled for. If it were me. I would apologise.

I then went back to the forum topic, which you have not stuck to either in this post.

You got suspended for 1 week? I got 2, others have been suspended for a month. So think yourself lucky you only got a week. Bitching about it in the forums is not going to endear you to them. I deserved my suspension and no doubt you did too.

A wise person once told me that the VOLUNTEERS who moderate here have BETTER things to do than deal with the "Eastenders" of Lush.
The Duchess of Tart

Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Going back on topic.

I think Hera is as she said. Frustrated (please correct me if I am wrong here Hera) because there was a previous forum from ND on the same subject and Hera and several other members came forth in order to support her and discussed their own cysts in order to help her but got very little if any feedback.

I am sure this was unintentional on ND's part. But I do recall a few members starting to doubt her sincerity.

@ ND perhaps if you give a little more information on your diagnosis to the members trying to help you this would clear things up? They are after all trying to help you.
The Duchess of Tart