Does CBD oil/extract help with pain?

last reply
19 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
16 likes
The Linebacker
0 likes
Do any of you have experience with CBD oil/extract? If so, how well did it help with pain?
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
3 likes
Hi Buz

I think it depends on the type pain?? Not sure if it is more effective for some type of pain than others .... anyways ....

CBD has been my go to for pain since I shattered my tibia in my moped-bike accident.

I have taken the liquid gel tabs, the gummies and tinture. For me, the ease of the liquid gel tabs is best, but I always have gummies at hand.

My concern with pain meds is - no one wants opiods - the morphine was a horrible experience (doh!) and constantly taking tylenol or motrin cannot be good for anyone's liver over an extended time.

The CBD works for me ... takes the edge off, but like any pain med, it's important to keep on top of the pain as it will run away and then you have to take double to get the pain level down again.

Thankfully, I have now many days where I don't need any CBD, but when the rain comes or my foot get cold, thank god for the CBD .... it just takes the edge off so I am not gonna punch out any one.

Hope if you try it, it works.

Van
Mana wahine
4 likes
My partner has used some CBD oil products for when his old rugby injuries flare-up. He recommends them, as they ease the pain and help relax the muscles.
2 likes
I know nothing about CBD but I asked Mick about it as I recall him having a nasty fall a few yes ago and nothing that his doctor prescribed was doing it for him.

It's something called CBD DAILY Lavender Soothing Serum(w/ essential oils and 60mg of Hemp Extract) and he swears by it.
He tells me that a little goes a long way but do massage in thoroughly.
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
Buzz, I got some CBD oil for my shoulder to see if it would help ease the pain. It ended being no better than any other massage oil. It made my skin slick so I could massage it a bit easier but as far as taking away pain it didn't do anything for that.

As was mentioned it depends on the type of pain and it's cause. Maybe for muscle aches or something it might help. But so would the massage itself. For me it was a waste of money. But my TENS unit on the other hand - now THAT works! You might look into that as well as the CBD oil. Just a thought.
Practitioner of the art of the tease...
0 likes
The evidence shows that a pharmaceutical grade CBD oil works for a certain type of epilepsy disorder. There is absolutely no evidence in the medical literature out there that it works for anything else.

That being said, if it works for you use it, just make sure you are getting what you are paying for as it's a supplement and not regulated as a drug, so it's a bit of a wild west environment for manufacturers.

Remember, the Left Lingula is always closest to the heart & everyone deserves to have that heart full of love...

My Newest: Nightshade Part 1

And My Fav: Turning Stephanie Insatiable: A tale of a wife's discovery...

Her Royal Spriteness
1 like
i have experience with the gel tabs, and yeah, they work wonders as substitute for pharmaceutical painkillers like opioids, and they're non-addictive.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
1 like
CBD has been shown to decrease inflammation, so if your pain is due to inflammatory processes then it may help with pain.

Honestly though, CBD is a lot more expensive than other proven anti-inflammatories and pain killers.

If there is a benefit to CBD it's that it has fewer side effects compared with most non-steroidal anti-inflammatories. (Thinning of the blood and decrease in stomach mucous production.)
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I took CBD oil for a month and it did nothing for me. One aspirin and one dose of Tylenol does the trick though!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
LJ tried CBD for neck pain and it did nothing that a regular salve didn't do. Ibuprophen was much more effective.

I do have a friend who swears by it though (and the one who suggested LJ try it).
Her Royal Spriteness
1 like
Quote by Verbal
LJ tried CBD for neck pain and it did nothing that a regular salve didn't do. Ibuprophen was much more effective.

I do have a friend who swears by it though (and the one who suggested LJ try it).

it's better for some ailments than others. also, you need to make sure you're getting quality stuff. not all of it is, some of it is just people trying to make a quick buck.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Partner-in-Lust / Cummunist
1 like
My dad has arthrosis (hips) and it's been a huge help. He doesn't need painkillers anymore. Here you place the CBD oil drops under your tongue, we don't get the gel pills or anything else.
Curiosity is one of those insatiable passions that grow by gratification.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
It helps very well. Many people use them in massages. It has been proven that compared to traditional massage, massage with CBD oil is not as painful and allows you to relax your muscles much more. I also like to smoke a little before the massage. But I don't like a joint, I use [url=https://]weed vapes[/url]. The cartridges have less concentrate of harmful substances and no smell of weed, so you can smoke in places where you can't. Double the pleasure in the end. If it doesn't work for massage (which is almost impossible), smoke weed occasionally, but don't get carried away. If you smoke often, it's already bad for your health.
0 likes
I’ve been using Hemp Balm for my arthritis in my wrist and elbows along with turmeric tablets and they have eased the constant aching. Also when my girlfriends back gives out on her I rub the balm in in she’s able to move with ease within ten minutes it’s that good
1 like
I’ve used CBD tincture, gummies, and balm. Mainly for that time of the month and for migraines.
It doesn’t take away the pain completely but as vangoh mentioned above, it takes the edge off. Just makes things a bit easier and more comfortable. It also helps with anxiety.
Rookie Scribe
1 like
I have fybromyalgia as well as severe arthritis as well as a shoulder that probably needed surgery on its rotator cuff. I was on morphine, codeine you name it I have been on it. My stomach couldn't take it. CBD gummies did nothing for me. I am taking very strong turmeric with black pepper and my is manageable and some days with no pain.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some sudies have shown that CBD may help reduce chronic pain by impacting endocannabinoid receptor activity, reducing inflammation and interacting with neurotransmitters
0 likes

Haven’t tried CBD yet but intend to soon. I take 1.2 g (600 mg in am and 600 mg in pm) of Gabapentin. I still have some back pain but it would be 10 times worse w/out it. I have arthritis in my feet/hips/hands/shoulders/knees, calcium growths pushing on my spinal cord in c3 through c6. Hairlines of discs (virtually bone-on-bone) in my lowest 3 vertebrae. Would not want to live if I didn’t have the Gabapentin.