Login

diet and weight loss tips

last reply
55 replies
6.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
DRINK lots of water... avoid sweets and fried foods... avoid starchy foods and eat smaller portions... just don’t forget to exercise and walk, walk, walk...

I’ve found the Keto lifestyle to be extremely positive and productive.... once your body goes through sugar withdrawal it gets easier and if you reach ketosis .... omg the energy level you get is amazing and you will think you found a new drug ??
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by AmeliaLeigh
DRINK lots of water... avoid sweets and fried foods... avoid starchy foods and eat smaller portions... just don’t forget to exercise and walk, walk, walk...

I’ve found the Keto lifestyle to be extremely positive and productive.... once your body goes through sugar withdrawal it gets easier and if you reach ketosis .... omg the energy level you get is amazing and you will think you found a new drug ??

I agree with most of that actually.

Smaller potions - buy smaller plates .simples

Water - Yes . For me it staves off hunger .

Sugar- surprisingly tea tastes better without it !

Walking- Possibly the most pleasant and enjoyable form of exercise . Even walking doing window shopping helps . Who can argue about a bit of retail therapy!?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Here's a classic from years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Dieters-Guide-Weight-Loss-During/dp/089480023X

A humor classic, this tongue-in-cheek diet plan bases calorie counts on sexual activity and charts the exact number of calories burned."You and your friends can read this book aloud while sitting on the beach and shed a combined total of ten thousand calories in thirty-three minutes. Yes, it's that funny."-Glamour. Selection of the Quality Paperback Book and Playboy book clubs and a New York Times Bestseller. 935,000 copies in print.
Southern Gentleman
0 likes
My wife and I started the Keto diet in March. To date I have lost nearly 50lbs and that's with very little excercize. I do about 20minutes of treadmill 4 or 5 times a week. We mealprep to maintain portion control and eat more healthy. I hated being overweight and short of breath all the time. Now I feel better and my clothes fit and feel better. Thanks to my wife Lilly for all her encouragement and support.
0 likes
I use a strict low carb clean diet for all meals Monday breakfast thru Friday lunch, and exercise every day during the week Mon-Fri.
On Friday and Saturday nights--I'm out socializing and I just eat/drink whatever I want , drink alcohol --etc
Also when I'm on vacation I eat/drink what I want and leave the diet at home.
So--for the most part-- good boy during the week and a bad boy on the weekends smile
Story Verifier
0 likes
Water, water and water. I use myfitnesspal app and try to aim for 40% protein a day. Tough to do but it works.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm on a high fibre diet,
It's called 'shit yourself thin'.
Lurker
0 likes
cut the junk out-candy-chips, soda, ect.....

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
More water, and remember that you are what you eat.
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
0 likes
What seems to work for me is - come home from work check my lush message start chatting with a friend and hours later I realize I didn’t eat dinner
Story Verifier
0 likes
Calorie deficit - high protein and loads of water
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DanielleX
My Mum is a doctor. Losing weight is simple. You need to do three things.

1. Exercise more
2. Reduce your portions
3. Drink loads of water

Because most doctors are perfect specimens of physical beauty? Ha....

Doctors know a little about a lot. They have no actual knowledge about health and fitness.
Lurker
0 likes
Do you want to look good or just be healthy?

Because these are different things.

One takes a complete change in lifestyle. The other needs a simple minor change in diet and activity level.

I'm still astounded that people are still talking about water.

The sad part about this is that this is one of the issues that everyone from soccer moms to high school students feels the need to act like they are actually experts in this field.

I'm an actual expert in this field yet my views are put on the same level as bored housewives that read some shit on the internet.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I don't think deeply about it. I just burn calories through lots of exercise. I run, bicycle, and swim, and l work out with weights, as well as do quite a lot of stomach and core work. Then l eat whatever the hell l want to.

I have an annual physical. The only thing my doctor worries about is my body fat. He sometimes feels it is too low.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
The four C’s. It’s worked for the fashion industry for decades.

Coffee, Cardio, Cocaine, Cigarettes.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
Do you want to look good or just be healthy?

Because these are different things.

One takes a complete change in lifestyle. The other needs a simple minor change in diet and activity level.

I'm still astounded that people are still talking about water.

Interesting... why are you astounded that people are still talking about water?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Avoid the couch or settee . It can be a silent killer as it leads to inactivity .
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sweet_as_candy

Interesting... why are you astounded that people are still talking about water?

Because it's ridiculous.

In the western world, water is not the issue.

We all get enough water. People need to eat fewer calories.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

Because it's ridiculous.

In the western world, water is not the issue.

We all get enough water. People need to eat fewer calories.

And quit wasting money on diet plans to lose weight, when it's simple - just burn more calories than you take in.

People always overthink all this or go to great lengths and expense seeking an easy way to achieve it.
Troublemaker
0 likes
Quote by Buz

And quit wasting money on diet plans to lose weight, when it's simple - just burn more calories than you take in.

People always overthink all this or go to great lengths and expense seeking an easy way to achieve it.

Yep.

And ignore the calorie counters on machines at the gym. They're all over-inflated bullshit.
Head Penguin
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

Because most doctors are perfect specimens of physical beauty? Ha....

Doctors know a little about a lot. They have no actual knowledge about health and fitness.

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

The Bee's Knees
0 likes
hmm... well, water helped me to lose weight cos it caused me to drink less sugary high calorie drinks. i decided i'd rather eat my calories than drink them.

Say. Her. Name.

Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
My mom says losing weight is easy. Just get plenty of exercise. Just push yourself away from the table.

Sage advice to prevent gaining weight, but not so sure that if will help you lose much weight.
Meagan
Lurker
0 likes
stretching, eating tofu or meals without meat, (no, I'm not vegan but I enjoy meat free meals as well.)I drink lots of water helps flush out the body's toxins. Basically eating and drinking healthily and keeping fit is what I do for myself.
Lurker
0 likes
Stretch, stretch, stretch
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Avoid Takeaways and Burger Bars - Most are just full of fat and cheap cuts of meat. The big corporates will just eat your cash .

There are one or two healthier types cropping up but they are still far and few between
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Don't eat more than seven points do adequate sports at the same time. You will be in good physical shape and in a good mood.