Login

Taking on the big Corporations

last reply
7 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
Lmfao, nice one

This is one of the cleverest "get even" actions I've ever seen. Good for Dave. Screw United and its corporate "we can't help" attitude.
Perhaps United will think twice now before it disregards a valid customer complaint. We are living in the Internet age when it is quite easy to put the screws when deserved.

A musician named Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines. United apparently damaged his treasured Taylor guitar ($3500) during a flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar. During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for youtube exposing their lack of cooperation. The Manager responded: "Good luck with that one, pal".

So he posted a retaliatory video on youtube. The video has since received over 5.5 million hits. United Airlines contacted the musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video. Naturally his response was: "Good luck with that one, pal".

Taylor Guitars sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has lead to a sharp increase in orders.

Here's the video...

Lurker
I saw him on TV when it happened. I thought good for you. We need to stop taking shit from the big Corps just because we're the little guy. One person can make a difference.
Active Ink Slinger
The airlines are the worst for crappy customer service and never being consistent with anything they do. Had lost luggage and flight cancellations and delays tons of times. Makes trip insurance a must but I love this guys video good for him!
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Constant Gardener
I wonder how much United would pay the guy to remove his two videos from circulation?

Good luck with that.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
we all have airline tales to tell.. maybe that should be its own topic... how funny...
Active Ink Slinger
That was so cool. Good for him.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
It's too damn easy for corporations to kick people to the curb, all in the name of "the good of the company".

I'm glad somebody got some revenge. For the rest, karma is gonna bite 'em in the ass. It always does. Evil people always get what's coming to 'em, even if you can't witness it. Maybe not now, maybe not in a month, but they will get it.

Every one of my rotten, former employers have gotten a plate of "cold revenge", and I didn't even have to do anything.
Active Ink Slinger
A mistake is a mistake. There is no running away.