Login

What Knot do you Use?

last reply
7 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Maker of Mediocre Jokes
When you have to wear the noose, or tie if you prefer, what kind of knot do you use. Personally, I like the eldredge, because if you have to wear a noose, you might as well go hard.

Windsor, half, four-in-hand, prince albert? What do you use, and do you notice the knot on others?

Also, that's eldredge, a 15 step knot, not to be confused with an eldritch knot, which uses non-euclidean geometries, the very sight of which can render a person irrevocably insane.
Active Ink Slinger
I never wear a tie these days , although I go out neatly dressed ( dapper) . If I have to wear a tie for example at a very formal event then I would go for the Windsor or half Windsor . Both these knots can hide the top button being left unfastened, allowing one to breath!
Active Ink Slinger
Well I don't wear a tie (it just doesn't go with my turnouts! LOL!) But I do use knots... like the French Bowline, half hitches, clove hitch, etc! ;)
Primus Omnium
If I'm wearing a tie it is probably because I'm going to a funeral. Either that or I am playing a role in a play where I'm dressed for the part. That is pretty much it these days. When I do put on a tie I will use one of the two I show here.

Whistling on my journey
Quote by Green_Man
If I'm wearing a tie it is probably because I'm going to a funeral. Either that or I am playing a role in a play where I'm dressed for the part. That is pretty much it these days. When I do put on a tie I will use one of the two I show here.

I figured a clip on

Half Windsor for me.

My latest love poem has landed

Lover Moon

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/lover-moon.

Troublemaker
Never understand why people want to start their day by putting a noose around their neck. I'm expected to wear a tie for work but almost never do, maybe if the CEO is coming or for an important corporate event. Even then the odds are 50/50 and I don't think I've ever worn a tie for an entire work day. I've probably worn a tie around my head (like a Rambo head band) about as often as I've worn a tie around my neck. I won't comment on their useful for the bedroom.
When I do wear a tie usually Windsor or Half-Windsor.
I sometimes fuck up the knot deliberately so the girls at work come up to me and fix it.
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
Quote by LYFBUZ

I sometimes fuck up the knot deliberately so the girls at work come up to me and fix it.

Smart man! I’d fix it for you but then I’d have to take you by to the nearest supply closet!
The Linebacker
I don't like large or fat knots. I like a small tie knot. It's neat and not bulky. I have to wear a business suit and tie to work. Ties aren't comfortable, but looking professional is part of the job.

For after hours drinks, dinner, and social time, a loosened tie and unbuttoned top button on your dress shirt works better with a small knot.