When you're partner is talking....

last reply
8 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
....Are you listening of waiting to talk?
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I'd love to say I'm listening, but if I'm honest most of the time I'm waiting to talk or waiting for her to simply stop talking!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I try so hard to listen.. but if we are having a discussion about a hot button topic.. I am waiting to talk.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I know it is important to her to listen, then I will. I can be good at it. However, the is when it is clear that is what my partner needs.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by GentlemanJack
....Are you listening of waiting to talk?

I listen and listen and listen. Then digest it before speaking, which can be annoying when there's a pause.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by dpw

I listen and listen and listen. Then digest it before speaking, which can be annoying when there's a pause.

That is the perfect thing to do. I try to listen too. It is important in every conversation, because we seem to live in a culture of open mouths and shut ears. I have watched people at each other for hours without having a conversation. Sometimes it is hard to listen, but it is always worth it, because you learn a lot and start to understand the other person better.
Really listening to someone is a gift.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I listen, but don't always know what answer she is waiting for.
Lurker
0 likes
I'd listen to her. It matters! I need to know what she thinks. Patience is a virtue. I'd speak accordingly, if necessary :P You should give time for them too. What is the use of being in a relationship if there's barely any communication?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
goodanswer