Tell us about your "duh" moment...

last reply
10 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have you ever had a duh moment when you realized days, weeks, months later that they wanted sex and you would have cooperated except for the "duh moment". And have you had him / her have a "duh" moment when you were dropping serious hints that you were more than receptive to having a fling between the sheets.

(Be careful of age related comments according to LUSH standards.)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nah, it never was a "duh" moment. I was just told flat-out "No", and after a while you just stop trying, and start shaking hands in the hallway.
For generations our ancestors fought proudly as warriors against the Jedi. Reclaim our armored past for an unending future.
0 likes

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Not really. Not like that anyway. When I first met my boyfriend, he wouldn't date me because he was my residential advisor in college and he felt it would be a conflict of interest to become involved with me. I practically threw myself at him, and he still wouldn't bite. He drove me crazy, because I'd always been able to get any guy I wanted. But he was a great counselor at a time I really needed one and he became my best and most trusted friend. It was three years into our relationship before he gave up his role as my advisor, and we started dating. But he was the only guy I ever gave all the go ahead 'cues' who wouldn't go to bed with me.
0 likes
Quote by Smoocher
Have you ever had a duh moment when you realized days, weeks, months later that they wanted sex and you would have cooperated except for the "duh moment".

Yup. Too many to count...not necessarily all for sex, per se, but for dinner, or drinks, or otherwise demonstrating romantic interest that went right whoosh past me.

Example: Me, kneeling over an azalea at a public fallen officer's memorial that I tend to...anyway, kneeling, hands in the dirt, trooper I don't know bends down and starts with the small talk. I start muttering about azaleas, somewhere in there he works in that he's off shift, would I like to go to dinner. Me, oblivious, responding with something like no, I need to check the irrigation (sprinkler) system. Trooper stands up, I stand up, he starts again with the small talk (give the guy points for effort) and I, because I'm freaking oblivious, ask him if he could just watch the sprinklers while I go mess with the programming of the irrigation system, which he does--getting a little more than wet in the process.

So I come back outside to a well-sprinkled trooper (sergeant, I realised later), still standing there, and again he asks if I'm hungry, would I like to go home, I look fine to him but if I need a bit to go clean up, would I like to go to dinner with him. Me...yah. I said something like no, I'm not really hungry, the sprinklers look good, thank you for watching them for me, I've got lasagna going for the boys, and I've got to go home and walk the dogs.

Yerp. Freaking oblivious. I think that one took three days for me to buy a clue and an awkward conversation to clear up. I pretty much have to be beaten over the head with flowers to get a clue...and even then, I might just think that the guy is offering to help plant some geraniums around the Memorial.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Lurker
0 likes
Yeah, when I was younger, dating age. A lot of missed opportunities
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
When I was 19-20 I was casually dating someone I was previously close friends with.. she threw out every hint imaginable that she wanted to have sex. To top it off we were frequently in the perfect situation where we could have sex. BUT I was too dense to realize any of it. Years later it finally hit me and I was like.. OH!!!!.... yeah... crap. lol.
Site administrator
0 likes
Came to this thread intending to write pages, based on just the title, but alas it has a sexual theme and thus I have nothing to say.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I once went to lunch on a date with an older guy who had asked me out at the bar where I worked. I would have, he was a gentleman and never tried. His duh moment I guess.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've missed a few chances. Probably a lot more than I realize.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm kind of a walking duh moment, clues go right over my head. My last girlfriend, when we were having our initial non-committed dates had decided she wanted me after the first date. Second date she came to my dorm and we spent pretty much the whole day together, talking and laughing, with her giving me really significant looks as she sprawled on my bed. Completely missed it.... Oops.

Date 3, I took the bus into town where her college was and we went to a really nice café where we sat and talked for hours. And she was wearing heels and this black dress with a see through patch over her cleavage and the tops of her breasts. Insanely sexy. We walked out of the café just in time to see the penultimate bus leave. She suggested we go to her room where she again sprawled on the bed and we talked for another hour or so before she got tired of me missing the millions of clues she was handing me and just asked if I was going to kiss her or not. Needless to say, I spent the night and we were in a committed relationship for 2 years.