last reply
16 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I am considering a vasectomy.
Men: have any of you done this? What was your experience like?
Women: what are your thoughts on this? How does a mans' ability or inability to get one pregnant factor into YOUR relationship with him?

Interested in the lush community thoughts on the subject.
0 likes
A vasectomy is a minimally invasive surgery. You do need to remember that you will still be shooting "live" rounds up to 90 days after the surgery. As far as how I, as a woman, would feel about being with a man who'd had a vasectomy? I don't think it would make a difference, unless we were quite serious and wanted to expand our family.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had this done about 4yrs ago. I was in and out in day missed about 3-4 days of work. I didn't have any swelling and just slept how ever was comfy. Ill try and answer any other questions you have.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I've never had a vasectomy but I am sterile. I lost the ability to ejaculate after surgery related to testicular cancer. This happened when I was 23 and as I didn't want this to happen, my feelings are probably different. Primarily, I never had children. I'm assuming you already do. That to me was the worst part of it. I would rather have lost an arm than my ability to be a father, in retrospect. I don't know how old you are, but I'm 51, and it hurts more every year.

Okay, sexually, it's actually been great. Unlike a vasectomy, I don't normally shoot anything. Maybe a bit of precum, but that's it. Once in a blue moon I'll get a good thick wad, but almost never. Even that is sterile. Believe me, if I could have been a father, it would have happened somewhere along the line.

My partners have almost always liked it in the long run. Not leaving a mess inside her and her knowing I was as safe as a condom has actually been a plus, according to them. They missed it at first, but not usually for long.

Everything feels just as good. My orgasms lack nothing in sensation. One thing I have noticed is that when I do shoot something, I can actually feel it moving up my shaft. I never noticed that before my issues began. It really is a cool sensation
Lurker
0 likes
Had it done many years ago, as my wife wanted to stop taking the pill. My experience was the same; no swelling, just a few days keeping quiet, so to speak.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
As Romeo said!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had a vasectomy in 1976, because my had a negative RH Factor and her Doctor recommended we not risk any future complication. We already had 2 kids, they did not recommend a third pregnancy because of the risks. I have had no ill effects from the vasectomy. I'm 66 now and still have an active sex life. No long term compli
cations so far.
Lurker
0 likes
I have been sniped for a # of years - did it after we were done having kids. It was pretty easy. I have smallish balls - and the doctor suggested because of that, I should go for the full anesthesia vs. just the local - said it might be a bit uncomfortable if I did not.

When I got home after doing it, spent the day with a packet of frozen peas off and on my nuts lol... I think it is a pretty common suggestion to use frozen peas - it worked great. I really didn't feel much pain.

Even though the process involves snip, remove and soldering (that last one was a surprise lol) - you need to get tested - it can connect again apparently...

For us, it was the best choice vs. tubes removed or going back to any sort of birth control. Glad I did it - and had no issues.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Had it done years ago. I remember it was a Friday morning. Spent the rest of Friday in bed with frozen peas on my crotch. I was walking a little gingerly on Saturday, and was fine by Sunday.

Did it because I was done having kids. Would do it again in a heartbeat. I never hsve to worry about getting anyone pregnant.
Red is the color of sex and signs that say Do Not Enter

The best thing to hear in the middle of the night - Lick Me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A woman opinion here. I see no difference in function. In fact, it's better because we wasn't worried about pregnancy and enjoy sex more.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had a vasectomy nearly 42 years ago and have had no ill affects, sex drive is still there and I don't have to use blue pills to get it up.
The security of knowing I could not father an unwanted child, taking the worry away from my partner well worth the slight discomfort for a few days.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My hubby had a vasectomy this past June, and our sex life is just as good or even better. (We have sex at least once a day usually twice or more) He says be hasn't noticed a difference...so the sensation and cum is the same really.

Please check out my stories. <3
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you guys for replying. I had the procedure done this weekend. It was more uncomfortable that i anticipated. Dr. says that I likely have enough sperm still in my system to keep me fully fertile through 30 - 40 ejaculations. How long did you wait before having sex again after?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had to go back 3 weeks later with a sample so they could check for swimmers. All was clear. We had sex before that but she was on BC so it didnt matter really.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it would be great for a relationship if you were sure that both of you didn't want kids. If that's the case, then I'd feel more free and relaxed during sex if I knew pregnancy wasn't going to happen.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chaacopaaco
I am considering a vasectomy.
Men: have any of you done this? What was your experience like?
Women: what are your thoughts on this? How does a mans' ability or inability to get one pregnant factor into YOUR relationship with him?

Interested in the lush community thoughts on the subject.

I had a vasectomy when I turned 30. I was nervous about it and even got emotional afterwards, but after all the discomfort with the swelling and ice bags it was one of the best things I did. To have natural intercourse and not have to worry about an unwanted pregnancy was freeing. Of course if you are sexually active with multiple partners, there is always the threat of disease and precautions should be taken.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chaacopaaco
Thank you guys for replying. I had the procedure done this weekend. It was more uncomfortable that i anticipated. Dr. says that I likely have enough sperm still in my system to keep me fully fertile through 30 - 40 ejaculations. How long did you wait before having sex again after?

Lol... uncomfortable really doesn't accurately describe the feeling of a bowling ball dangling between your legs, and the nads were never designed to be iced. If I remember right, I never went back to have things checked and after a few weeks was enjoying my wife again. The info today is so much more complete than it was 20 years ago.