I'll take the first available flight! (5 votes) 63%
Maybe someday. (2 votes) 25%
Terra firma for me, thanks (3 votes) 38%
The Linebacker
0 likes

Yes! I'd go.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Yep! It's still a bit pricey, but if I had the money I'd go. 

Energizer
0 likes

Tempting as it is, I think that my current health will likely keep me safely grounded. If I did go, though, I would want a full orbital flight like the recent Crew Dragon Inspiration 4 flight.

Troublemaker
0 likes

I'd go in a heartbeat if I could afford it. I'm not a huge supporter of space tourism per se nor the inevitable commercialization of space but I am hugely in favour of space exploration. Most anecdotal evidence from astronauts suggests its an amazing experience that changes ones view of the planet in a good way.

The commercialization of space worries me as space will ultimately be the high ground in a future war of superpowers. Just who will own what and what it might be capable of is a bit scary.

0 likes

Quote by LYFBUZ
I'm not a huge supporter of space tourism per se nor the inevitable commercialization of space but I am hugely in favour of space exploration.

This. I was actually more excited about the launch of the Lucy probe to the Jovian Trojan asteroids than any of the Blue Origin BS. And James Webb Space Telescope is now onsite at the ESA's launch facility in Guyana (yes, it is being launched on a European Ariane booster, not an American rocket) to get prepped for its launch in December. I am quite pumped for that, if a bit nervous given how many problems and delays that mission has run into.

Word Hacker
0 likes

If I could do a tour in space like Inspiration 4 or go for a week in a space station, I would sell everything I have and get in debt for the rest of my life to do it. As for the quick jump that BlueOrigin and Virgin Galactic offers, I would only consider it if there is no other way of doing it. Maybe in a decade or two it will get more affordable, keeping hope as we see the rapid progress of companies like SpaceX.

You only have to see the reaction of William Shatner looking down at the Earth to know this is a life changing trip.

Shameless plug: If you like space exploration, look at my ongoing novel "To dream among the Stars" ;). Link below.

To Dream Among the Stars: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9A-9B 10 11A-11B 12
Latest standalone stories: Friendly Heartbreak (Flash Photo) - One Hell Of A Meal