Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Should serial trolling be allowed in forums?

last reply
208 replies
11.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes

Should 'serial trolling' be allowed in the forums?

40 votes remaining
Yes, I love to see someone throw jabs (3 votes) 8%
No, it derails what could be a great topic (28 votes) 70%
I don't care, I enjoy it sometimes (20 votes) 50%
I will leave it it starts to get out of hand (1 vote) 3%
I join in with the aggressor, it's fun (0 votes) 0%
I watch but don't join in (1 vote) 3%
I'll eventually leave the site (0 votes) 0%
0 likes
Just wondering where people stand on this issue. Personally, trolling is harassing behavior and is someone is a serial offender, after having been warned say for example, five times, then they should be banned for good.

Sorry about the confusion, I changed the name of the thread and seemed to have started a second one. It has been closed by Dani. Thanks!

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Lurker
0 likes
Its very childish and boring.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
This is a well-intentioned thread, and I am sympathetic, but we all know which serial offender this topic is mainly about, and the fact that this site is moderated by a tight clique of individuals whose favor has been curried by this talented shithead, renders the point moot. He's not going anywhere, so if everyone just stops responding to his ad hominem attacks and ignores him, his source of entertainment is removed, and he loses. And this applies to all trolls everywhere. It's not that the site is entirely unresponsive to this problem. I've actually seen Lush ban one of the most egregious trolls a while back. This one illustrious individual just has a free pass.
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
This is a well-intentioned thread, and I am sympathetic, but we all know which serial offender this topic is mainly about, and the fact that this site is moderated by a tight clique of individuals whose favor has been curried by this talented shithead, renders the point moot. He's not going anywhere, so if everyone just stops responding to his ad hominem attacks and ignores him, his source of entertainment is removed, and he loses. And this applies to all trolls everywhere. It's not that the site is entirely unresponsive to this problem. I've actually seen Lush ban one of the most egregious trolls a while back. This one illustrious individual just has a free pass.

You are truly very wise, Bethany. Comments like yours shine a light on it, so thank you for understanding~

]

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
I used to respond to these type of threads and actually attempt to carry on a conversation and find a way to work out some solutions. now? do what i do. there's a block feature, or you can simply ignore posts that annoy you. it's called being an adult. if people put as much time into writing as they did in-fighting in the forums, they'd have some pretty damn good stories up. still have time and energy? volunteer or do charity work. i do both, as well as attend school, mod ya'lls stories, and enjoy a committed relationship with a wonderful woman. really, leaves very little time to get annoyed by all this silliness.

besties,
rach

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite
I used to respond to these type of threads and actually attempt to carry on a conversation and find a way to work out some solutions. now? do what i do. there's a block feature, or you can simply ignore posts that annoy you. it's called being an adult. if people put as much time into writing as they did in-fighting in the forums, they'd have some pretty damn good stories up. still have time and energy? volunteer or do charity work. i do both, as well as attend school, mod ya'lls stories, and enjoy a committed relationship with a wonderful woman. really, leaves very little time to get annoyed by all this silliness.

besties,
rach

That's true, and I agree with what you're saying. I just like doing a survey. I get the block feature, but that's assuming someone can't stand up for themselves. The problem is, everyone is very prideful (unfortunately) so no one is going to just run away with their tails between their legs. I thank Gav for the blocking feature and I have used it, as many of us have, I'm sure. But sometimes people need to stand their ground when they're called names and personally attacked. Some call it friendly banter, but most know there is some joy in it for the trolls. It's pretty sad, really. That's all. No expectations from the mods, you guys have a thankless job that most of us would never volunteer to do.

Respect and peace Simmer

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

While I totally agree with you about the "one individual" this is aimed at, there has been a rash of new trolls who have disrupted things. Now, I have utilized the block two times since Gav improved it to the level it's at now, and one of those two is no longer a member due to said person violating the Lush TOS too many times. I know many have accused me of using it more, but the truth is, the block has helped to ease the stress of visiting the forums.

Are there times I read a post (usually multiple posts) from a member and shake my head? Sure. Do I wonder why said person is allowed pretty much say whatever they want? Sure. Do I think the Mods should do more? Here I'm on the fence. Someone pointed out earlier that of the Forum Mods (and not Story Mods who have stepped in to aid in the Forums), only one or two are currently active (it might be three) and thus it unreasonable to ask them to monitor the forums 24/7. However, if a Mod in any capacity (Forum, Story, Chat) feels the need to step in and not just give their opinion, then they need to do so in a clear and authoritative fashion. Then maybe those who act in a manor that might be deemed troll-like will either go away or knock it off.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
what is ironic about this, and i'll be very blunt here, is that this is aimed at Magical Felix. we all know it, so let's not beat around the bush. i'm pretty sure he's getting a kick out of watching it proceed, in fact. the result, really, isn't going to affect him at all. what it will do is annoy pretty much everyone else. right now, i'm annoyed - i've been dealing with a lot these last few weeks, and really, while i am happy to split my time between story and forum modding, it does grow old when i'm dealing with these kind of threads. Dani has waaaay more patience than i do, honestly.

so, get it out of your system. things will change organically, as they need to. now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to go eat my dinner of jello and veggie broth. peace out.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by sprite
what is ironic about this, and i'll be very blunt here, is that this is aimed at Magical Felix. we all know it, so let's not beat around the bush. i'm pretty sure he's getting a kick out of watching it proceed, in fact. the result, really, isn't going to affect him at all. what it will do is annoy pretty much everyone else. right now, i'm annoyed - i've been dealing with a lot these last few weeks, and really, while i am happy to split my time between story and forum modding, it does grow old when i'm dealing with these kind of threads. Dani has waaaay more patience than i do, honestly.

so, get it out of your system. things will change organically, as they need to. now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to go eat my dinner of jello and veggie broth. peace out.

WTF??? I thought they were all about Bi Male

Hi Rachel I am so sorry to hear what happened, you know I am here if you need anything ok

To the thread, this and the other multiple threads based on the same thing is IMHO hypocrisy at its finest. You are complaining about harassment and trolling by Magical Felix (not bi male apparently ) Yet isn't making these threads a form of harassment and trolling in itself??

Jack is a person you know, he has feelings.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
0 likes
Quote by kiera

WTF??? I thought they were all about Bi Male

Hi Rachel I am so sorry to hear what happened, you know I am here if you need anything ok

To the thread, this and the other multiple threads based on the same thing is IMHO hypocrisy at its finest. You are complaining about harassment and trolling by Magical Felix (not bi male apparently ) Yet isn't making these threads a form of harassment and trolling in itself??

Jack is a person you know, he has feelings.

Lol! Are you kidding me? First, he was never mentioned, secondly, isn't this all just friendly banter? If you have a problem with someone just block them

0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

While I totally agree with you about the "one individual" this is aimed at, there has been a rash of new trolls who have disrupted things. Now, I have utilized the block two times since Gav improved it to the level it's at now, and one of those two is no longer a member due to said person violating the Lush TOS too many times. I know many have accused me of using it more, but the truth is, the block has helped to ease the stress of visiting the forums.

Are there times I read a post (usually multiple posts) from a member and shake my head? Sure. Do I wonder why said person is allowed pretty much say whatever they want? Sure. Do I think the Mods should do more? Here I'm on the fence. Someone pointed out earlier that of the Forum Mods (and not Story Mods who have stepped in to aid in the Forums), only one or two are currently active (it might be three) and thus it unreasonable to ask them to monitor the forums 24/7. However, if a Mod in any capacity (Forum, Story, Chat) feels the need to step in and not just give their opinion, then they need to do so in a clear and authoritative fashion. Then maybe those who act in a manor that might be deemed troll-like will either go away or knock it off.

I can agree with this word by word. Eloquently put!

Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes

got to love a good sideshow!
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh

got to love a good sideshow!

So vote sister ❤️ it's all about everyone's opinion

Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Quote by sprite
Dani has waaaay more patience than i do, honestly.

Nah.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

0 likes

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

If you were half as talented at photoshop as you think I am at trolling then maybe some of your pictures where you crudely paste your head on other people's bodies, change the background and apply a bunch of filters might pass as believable rather than hysterical like they do now.
Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by sprite

besties,
rach

I agree and thanks Rach for all you do.

I know I'm probably off base but I think if someone is offended by a person in the forum, then simply don't converse with them. Problem solved.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

Lol! Are you kidding me? First, he was never mentioned, secondly, isn't this all just friendly banter? If you have a problem with someone just block them

Your crazy friend lost. I win, yay!
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Me thinks some people are confused with what's classified as a troll.
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Your crazy friend lost. I win, yay!

You're right. That was a very nice thing to say about Bethany, by the way. How in the world could anyone consider you a troll. I am very sorry that you took it this way, Felix. You win, for sure, but it really wasn't a competition. The question really was answered in two ways.

Should serial trolling be allowed on the forums. (The question, as presented in this thread) The simple fact that anyone could or would claim victory is ludicrous. You've been given free pass, so yay, you win.

You know, that block works for trolls, but there are many trolls I was talking about, you might know them. I'm done. I apologize to my fellow LUSHer's because this has made me feel very dirty and I don't like the negativity. If you don't like me, you can block me, my feelings won't be hurt.
The people who have the nerve to argue back are really to blame here. Big babies run and hide. Others stand their ground. It's really that simple.

Quote by SydneySider
Me thinks some people are confused with what's classified as a troll.

Look up 'Narcissist'

0 likes

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Magical Felix... what is your agenda? i love this banter but i am an outsider. I do not know who is who and what is what, and the historical aspects of all this. Is this fun for you? Not singling you out, but you do seem to be the focus of this thread.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

You're right. That was a very nice thing to say about Bethany, by the way. How in the world could anyone consider you a troll. I am very sorry that you took it this way, Felix. You win, for sure, but it really wasn't a competition. The question really was answered in two ways.

Should serial trolling be allowed on the forums. The simple fact that anyone could or would claim victory is ludicrous. You've been given free pass, so yay, you win.

You know, that block works for trolls, but there are many trolls I was talking about, you might know them. I'm done. I apologize to my fellow LUSHer's because this has made me feel very dirty and I don't like the negativity. If you don't like me, you can block me, my feelings won't be hurt.
The people who have the nerve to argue back are really to blame here. Big babies run and hide. Others stand their ground. It's really that simple. You win a victory over something that became about you because some people 'said' it was. That's very interesting, and expected. It would appear, however, most people would rather not see insults thrown around. By anyone, including myself, and I'm sorry if I've offended others. It doesn't matter anyway.

Poll Question : Should 'serial trolling' be allowed in the forums?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes, I love to see someone throw jabs 2 10 %
No, it derails what could be a great topic 12 60 %
I don't care, I enjoy it sometimes 6 30 %
I will leave it it starts to get out of hand 0 0 %
I join in with the aggressor, it's fun 0 0 %
I watch but don't join in 0 0 %
I'll eventually leave the site 0

Might as well lock this thread. What the average member feels is of no importance here...

Simmerdownchick's crazy friend: 0

Magical Felix: 1
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Myamibi
Magical Felix... what is your agenda? i love this banter but i am an outsider. I do not know who is who and what is what, and the historical aspects of all this. Is this fun for you? Not singling you out, but you do seem to be the focus of this thread.

I am the focus.

Yes, it is funny.

And I am the winner.

I win so hard.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

I am the focus.

Yes, it is funny.

And I am the winner.

I win so hard.

Hard is good, but is it really winning?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Myamibi

Hard is good, but is it really winning?

I won the shit out of the Lush Forum War of 2016.
0 likes
That post has been hidden as I have blocked that member.

Idk... Gryffindor?
0 likes
How about we just call it what it is. It's not "trolling." It's called being a jackass with the anonymity of the Internet.

If anyone acted that way in real life, you'd punch them or they'd probably be charged with harassment. Just because it's online doesn't make it any less annoying, rude or unnecessary.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

Psychology today says Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadists.

From wikipedia

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder, characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy for others. People with the disorder often come across as arrogant, callous, and envious, and tend to be exploitative in their interpersonal relationships. They can be excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity. As a personality disorder, those with NPD generally have poor insight into their condition and may not acknowledge that their behavior causes problems for others or for themselves.

It is estimated that NPD affects between zero and five percent of the population. Males are affected more often than females. First formulated in 1968, NPD was historically called megalomania, and is a form of severe egocentrism.

It is classified as a cluster B personality disorder by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

Edit: Awww looks like simmerdownchick has gone on another deleting spree. Poor thing, she lacks conviction.