last reply
18 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Wow - my first forum post...

The question might be stupid, but here it is.
Does one "grow out of kink" at some point?

Thanks for your answers and sorry if this is stupid...
Lurker
0 likes
I think if you can "grow out of your kink", you were only playing with it to begin with.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It might not be so much of 'growing out of your kink' as much as 'you've scratched that itch'.
You grow as a person mentally and physically. Why can't you grow sexually?
Some people never break out of their vanilla phase and that's perfectly fine.
Some like to explore and push the boundaries.
So yes... You can outgrow your kink. You just might find a new kink to replace it with. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Never, they just keep getting kinkier, and with luck, you get better at them.
**content removed by moderator for violating Lush terms & conditions**
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have been a bi crossdresser all my life and love to dress kinky
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
what you see is what you get enjoy it
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
what you see is what you get enjoy it
Lurker
0 likes
I hope not, my kinks are far too nice. Perhaps I am mire open about them now I am older, but I will leave that for others to judge.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wouldn’t say that you grow out of your kink. I lost touch with mine, but I am getting it back by leaps and bounds.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't know that you can "grow out of your kink"(at least THIS fossil hasn't yet!) BUT, one problem with living out fantasies in real life is that they then tend to LOSE their ability to arouse. (not to mention that living them out can be disappointing and/or dangerous!)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have definitely grown more kinky as I have grown older. Strangely, as I am more lonely, I am trying more kinky stuff on my own. Perhaps just to experience sensations that are new to me.
There is no 'tude like GeekItude!
0 likes
one person's kinks may be another's..norm

lol define kinky...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by thesexynun
one person's kinks may be another's..norm

lol define kinky...

For sure! All things ARE relative, ESPECIALLY when it comes to something as individual dependent as sex!
Lurker
0 likes
I think I have become kinkier in some ways but with a caveat. I want more romance now than I did before and I more interested in focusing on one person.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by NickiC
I think I have become kinkier in some ways but with a caveat. I want more romance now than I did before and I more interested in focusing on one person.

Is kink the same as fetish?
Ennui can set in when you get used to a fetish.
Lurker
0 likes
Growing out of a kink infers that there is something juvenile or immature in a kink. I reject that premise. I believe quite the opposite is true...as your sexual experience grows so do your kinks.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by NickiC

I concur with NickiC. When the opportunity for kink presents itself, or more accurately I/we facilitate it, I thoroughly enjoy the experience but ironically since I've been with my lover who is equally open-minded I'm finding the romantic or sensual side of life has become more satisfying.
colin123
0 likes
I used to be kinky and I still am, hope this answers your question.