7.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What's the longest you have gone with out sex and was it by choice or other
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A few months while single in between relationships and definitely not by choice.
0 likes
A few years, I just didn't find anyone else in the gap.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Being in a sexless marriage the last occasion was 10 months ago . Been married for 34 years and some times we've gone over two years with no sex, sadly she just does not like it!
Lurker
0 likes
There's that Stephen Stills song.. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with. That's a load of bullshit....I've chosen celibacy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I went over a year during my first marriage... Still mystified as to why I didn't go somewhere else to get some during that time, but hey...
Lurker
0 likes
17 years! As I tried without success to lose my virginity.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh my goodness!! In all honesty, I stopped keeping track because after 6 years, it got far too depressing to try and remember when the last time I had been touched never mind had sex. If I had to venture a guess, I would say it had to have been 8+ years...

That was definitely NOT my doing but rather my ex husband who decided for the BOTH of us that sex just wasn't important any longer. It was hell on so many levels not to mention that it was a HUGE catalyst for why I ended my marriage. And to think I was with him for 20 years!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BelleduJour
Oh my goodness!! In all honesty, I stopped keeping track because after 6 years, it got far too depressing to try and remember when the last time I had been touched never mind had sex. If I had to venture a guess, I would say it had to have been 8+ years...

Oh WOW, that truly makes me sad - I can't even imagine what it did to you! I know how lonely and unattractive I felt after only a year, I could never imagine going that long again. I get saucy after a month now, sheesh... Glad you're in a better place now, BelleduJour
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by RichInMich

Oh WOW, that truly makes me sad - I can't even imagine what it did to you! I know how lonely and unattractive I felt after only a year, I could never imagine going that long again. I get saucy after a month now, sheesh... Glad you're in a better place now, BelleduJour

Now that I'm back into the swing of things, I too get VERY "saucy" after a month as well. It's been like opening Pandora's Box, lol.

And yes, it wreaked havoc on my self-esteem and caused a great deal of personal issues (depression, low self-esteem, bulimia, anxiety...etc.) that I've since worked through thanks to some great therapy, having good people around me and a desire to forgive and be forgiven.

Life is good these days.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The first 23 years of my life before I met the man who would become my husband Hehe!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
.........9 months ,while I was in the navy on a trip to Antarctica.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It was before Nov. 2009...that was when my wife was first diagnosed with breast cancer,and it was a bit before that event...maybe a year or so! I have to admit that she wasn't the one to stop the sex.
Lurker
0 likes
Bit over two years now since my wife was killed in an auto accident.
Head Nurse
0 likes
since I started having sex, 1 yr.
Lurker
0 likes
2 months
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
1 month of absistance when i had factured my leg
Good girls say, "Don't........ Stop......" Bad girls say, "Don't Stop"
Lurker
0 likes
Nearly 2 months so far....long distance relationship sad
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have been fortunate, in 45 years of adult life, going through a couple of divorces and relationships, I haven't gone more than a couple of weeks. Until a couple of years ago when my wife was laid up with kidney problems for 3 months.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had one stint of about 9 months when I was around 30, but otherwise cant recall a time I went longer than about 6-8 weeks, and even that was exceptionally rare surrounding the end of a relationship.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think the longest I have gone with no sex at all was maybe 5 or 6 months.

The longest I have gone with sex that wasn't satisfying was almost 2 years. It was during the last 2 years of my marriage. We had been trying to get pregnant and couldn't.

We went to a fertility doctor. Both of us were fine for the most part. My wife had some hormone problems. We were given things that might help. She started shots. I switched to boxers...no hot tubs...and so forth. We had sex dictated by her temperature. You had to get hard on command. And on and on. Every pregnancy test she took that came back negative...you got the looks of blame ... of disappointment. And on and on.

It was a whole different time. It was sex not for pleasure at all.
Lurker
0 likes
.. can't remember...

thank goodness
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Since I had any, not too long ago, but that was the only time in over a year. Damn, that's the longest dry spell I've can remember
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Four years, by choice.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Defiantly NOT by choice and decades too long.
My wife reverted to her anti-sex up-bringing after our two kids were born and for "commitment" reasons I've stayed in the marriage. Yes, there has been some touching but so long ago I've forgotten the feel and taste of a woman.
My story "Sailing ..." is still on Lush and is mostly autobiographical stating my situation.
Gramps

The quiet and always horny old guy in Sunny Florida USA
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can't remember.. I got married really young so maybe before I met my husband ...
Lurker
0 likes
Knows but not saying..

Relieved I'm not abnormal in some way....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
cant really remember but I'll say a year and it wasnt by choice
Lurker
0 likes
Since I lost my virginity the longest stretch without has been nearly three years
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Over a year now anyone offering lol