Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Intellectahorn: who finds intelligence attractive, and why?

last reply
112 replies
9.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Self-explanatory subject, really; anyone else get turned on by nerds, geeks, bookworms, swots and the like?

And what is 'it' exactly that is so mouth-watering, knicker-dropping, lip-smacking about a sharp mind and a buzzing intellect?
If anyone asks you how the perfect satisfaction of all our sexual wanting will look, lift your face and say,
Like this.

Rumi
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
I think we all, at least I hope we do, find intelligence attractive.

Who wants to be with caveman Bob or cavegirl Jane? That'd be boring as hell. Where would conversations go? Nowhere, that's where.

I love a well read girl. I love a girl who'll sit down and play video games. I love a girl that's into comics and can play a mean game of monopoly or some other board game. Why? Conversation. A major breaking point, I would suppose, is that down the line you can get bored. You never had that much in common. You can't change things up because one person is dull.

Being able to share key interests is not necessarily "mouth-watering or knicker dropping" or anything having to do with sex appeal. It is the intellectual turn-on that the person I'm interesting in likes some of the things I do. That I won't have to be afraid what she'd think of a particular interest "nerdy" interest.

I want a creative freak in the sheets who's up for trying new kinky stuff and a sarcastic, witty as hell girl on the streets who can challenge me intellectually. Talk some politics on occasion. Talk some sports. Talk smack about both sometimes.

I don't think I could stand an air head who's only interest was clothes, looking "hot", and watching dumb reality shit like Jersey Shore, Housewives, or any of that crap.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

Who wants to be with caveman Bob or cavegirl Jane? That'd be boring as hell. Where would conversations go? Nowhere, that's where.

I love a well read girl. I love a girl who'll sit down and play video games. I love a girl that's into comics and can play a mean game of monopoly or some other board game. Why? Conversation. A major breaking point, I would suppose, is that down the line you can get bored. You never had that much in common. You can't change things up because one person is dull.

Being able to share key interests is not necessarily "mouth-watering or knicker dropping" or anything having to do with sex appeal. It is the intellectual turn-on that the person I'm interesting in likes some of the things I do. That I won't have to be afraid what she'd think of a particular interest "nerdy" interest.

I want a creative freak in the sheets who's up for trying new kinky stuff and a sarcastic, witty as hell girl on the streets who can challenge me intellectually. Talk some politics on occasion. Talk some sports. Talk smack about both sometimes.

I don't think I could stand an air head who's only interest was clothes, looking "hot", and watching dumb reality shit like Jersey Shore, Housewives, or any of that crap.

This. I think anyone who has some 'nerdy' (aka smart) features or interests will thoroughly enjoy the company of someone who can relate to them in some way. Just like superficial people will seek superficial people. Let them have their fun while I find my gorgeous smart girl.

A big social misconception is that only superficial people are beautiful/hot; I can assure you there are plenty of 'nerdy' attractive people out there too.

PS: I posted this pic just for fun, but now I'm getting a huge boner.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
after all is done and over, and you have time, what do you do - talk, so meaningful and good talk is better than just gawking and wating the encounter to end, because that what it would be otherwise, an encounter.
so talk and discuss before or after is for me a great plus
Lurker
0 likes
I Definitly find intelligence attractive! Why? Unless I can engage with someone on an intellectual level, I begin to lose interest very quickly.
Been around my fair share of very attractive women who I just wasnt able to have a deent chat with and became uninterested very quickly.
Intelligence and Wit, are very attractive to me.
Lurker
0 likes
My HS-GF was average intelligence, the sex was great but the rest pretty so-so.

After that, I only went out with girls who not only met my standards of being attractive, but also had a keen mind, razor wit and a willingness to try new things

My wife is sexy, smart, humorous, geeky and adventurous - grand slam there smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

I'm with MadMartigan on this one. It's not just intellect, it's wit, and sense of humor, someone who is fun and challenging. A girl who can come back at you and keep you on your toes, and can laugh when you do the same. I think that the intelligence leads to imagination, too... and the creative freak follows...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There's nothing sexier than a guy that's intelligent and can talk with you about politics, books etc. it's rare to find people my age, male or female, that can carry on a conversation like that. I'm not attracted to people that don't seem to care about intellect or don't have any interest the world around them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Intelligent women are a huge turn-on for me. It's a key part of the total package I need to be attracted to them. If they start to drone on, however, I lose interest quickly.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
What's the point of having a gorgeous partner if they're an airhead? Where's the conversation? If your with some purely for looks then you just want a trophy not a relationship.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dangerous topic here because intelligence does not necessarily translate into a fun personality. Definitely helps no doubt, but it is important how that intelligence is communicate with others in relationships. Make sense??
My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
intelligence is my main fetish. coupled with an active libido, it translates to exciting varied sex with plenty of stimulation afterwards. luv the nerd gurls....
Lurker
0 likes
Intelligence can be very sexy but it's governed by the personality that goes with it.

It's when you discover through conversation that this subtle person is very intelligent, well travelled, open minded, has a great sense of humour and is so confident in their own skin they don't need to brag, advertise it or want to hold centre stage within their group of peers
Buxom Enigma
0 likes
I have to say it's most likely a baser instinct, a Survival of the Fittest-type scenario: Yeah, Cavegirl Jane has legs for days, but does she know how to cook? Does she know how to solve a scheduling dilemma in the midst of utter chaos? Doubtful.

I personally think those of us that have a brain in our heads immediately search out another smart person, because we know that they've got skills and can solve problems. Smarter than the average bear, see.

Plus, like has been mentioned before ... Conversation when the lights go out, poking fun at psuedo-intellectuals that make up words to seem more important, bantering back and forth about old literatire, comics or some game issue. The sex drive comes and goes, but (barring dementia) conversation stays the course.

Plus, we geeks are hella hotter between the sheets, if I say so, myself!

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader - not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon." -E.L. Doctorow
0 likes
Intelligence is very sexy because we can have a conversation that will last and not get old. Also, you can learn from them. I love having a intelligent people around me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Kimasa
Intelligence can be very sexy but it's governed by the personality that goes with it.

It's when you discover through conversation that this subtle person is very intelligent, well travelled, open minded, has a great sense of humour and is so confident in their own skin they don't need to brag, advertise it or want to hold centre stage within their group of peers

The lovely Kimasa described what I was trying to say much better, thank you.
My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Lurker
0 likes
Personality matters quite a bit.

I found that I am happier with an intellectual equal that shared similar interests, thoughts, and abilities, but their intelligence didn't lap mine my miles.

My ex boyfriend was judgmental and often I felt like he was trying to boost his ego by pointing out all the many things everyone didn't know.

It's one thing to stir the desire for knowledge in another person - and that might have been what he thought he was doing - but my God. He had horrible habits. He wasn't able to apply himself to anything actively or even see himself through other people's point of view. He had a lot of personal issues (like we all do) but refused to asses them for what they were, and instead he'd just complain about everyone else. "You know what you should do...?" and "Well he did ___ and instead he should have done ___ because___________" (all the while bouncing on his toes, his eyelids fluttering when he talked excitedly.)

He complained a lot - nothing was good enough, no one was smart enough. He was intelligent and attractive but - damn - he was obnoxious. I didn't even miss him when I finally broke up with him.

His intelligence became a personal flaw, and it was quite a put off.

Poor guy is still single. . . and odds are, he will never step away from his ego long enough to figure out why.

That was 12 years ago - and since then, every time I watch Big Bang Theory things that Sheldon does reminds me of him.
Lurker
0 likes
I find intelligence to be extremely important. I think the more knowledge you have the more easily you can carry an interesting conversation. I'm a nerd of epic proportions so I love using big words, talking about dorky things and so on...
Also you know how to ask really good questions that get said person to open up so you can know them better.
All in all, brains are hot. End of story. :P
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, a woman might be hot, but if she honestly can't hold a conversation I tend to loose interest pretty quickly. My friends think I'm crazy, but thats just how I am.

Although the way my mind is wired, I tend to remember a very wide range of things, so I'm pretty dorky myself.
Lurker
0 likes
Intelligence is a very attractive quality but you must have a personality also. Many people go for looks but then find it very droll without the conversation needed to sustain a relationship. I am lucky to have found intelligence, personality and looks and it's never dull smile
Lurker
0 likes
I lik girlz who have been to skool. It smartens them up and then there funner to talk to. And its gooder when they have big titties to. Call me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Intelligence is always attractive, it adds a whole new dimension to any relationship.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Because intelligent often means awkward, and awkward is endearing. Also, dumb is so unattractive.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm one of those women who can actually be intimidated by a man with a very deep education. He can flaunt his intelligence at his own peril but I still prefer normal conversations. I am attracted to intelligence only if it was used in the 'RIGHT' way - cool, humble, fun and interesting. Not in a quizzical boring attempt to stimulate a supposed to be simple conversation. A guy can use his intelligence to surprise me with off-the-wall, fun ideas, fantasies and unexpected things to really attract and charm. In the end formal education or intelligence is only attractive if it’s used in an interesting way. If he is an expert in an area that’s cool, and he presents it from an “I know a lot about this, let me show you” perspective, and not an “I’m so smart and you’re not” angle then he got my attention 100%.
Lurker
0 likes
In personal relations I think intelligence is application of common sense where your loyalty and sincerity is beyond doubt. I get attracted to such people. However, if you try to inhale intelligence, I hate you
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To be perfectly honest I don't think intelligence is attractive per se. For me it adds to and prolongs the attraction. I find stupidity a much bigger turn off than a lack of intelligence, somebody that can't think rather than someone who hasn't had a great education. Intellience can enhance the physical attraction but stupidity destroys it. It's strange because when I was younger I hid mine, I thought on the gay scene, it would put guys off. Not nowadays but then, it probably would.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It is suppose to be the pheromones that attract us to each other, but since we are ruining it all with scents we spray etc, it will be the Intellect that allows one to find attractiveness in another. if it is just pure physical, then the connection is severed before the time together has even began.
0 likes
I enjoy being with someone who can carry on a fairly intelligent conversation (I love talking) and who shares some interests with me (some of my interests, like philosophy and theology, are fairly intellectual/academic) so I think it's natural that I gravitate towards partners who are intelligent on some level. Physical attraction will only carry you so far. A connection on a social or intellectual level is part of what will carry you farther.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Actually, I am ONLY attracted to men who are intelligent, successful, well presented, and courteous. The ability of a man to hold my attention, peak my interest and stimulate my mind is what makes me interested in being with him.
Men with their mind emenating from their penis bore and repulse me.
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

A guy like this still exists? LOL