Login

How often do you get checked?

last reply
24 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
How often do you get checked for STDs?

When do you get tested? After casual encounters? New partner? sex without protection?

I do it often, and a friend have told me I am being over obsessive about STDs.

This year I got tested 3 times already and I don't mind it because it's paid for by insurance.
You are my hero..as I haven't in awhile.had sex....not applicable

But I salute you...thank you for carrying about yourself and your future partners

ThIS is SEXY!
Quote by DrakeAK
How often do you get checked for STDs?

When do you get tested? After casual encounters? New partner? sex without protection?

I do it often, and a friend have told me I am being over obsessive about STDs.

This year I got tested 3 times already and I don't mind it because it's paid for by insurance.

I haven't felt the need to yet, as my first partner was a virgin and my second partner was obsessed with getting checked. My most recent partner and I had an STD scare when we first started dating, but he quickly got tested and turned out to be clean. Ideally, I'd get tested after every casual encounter, not that I've had any yet.
Since some would consider me to be active. I get test twice a month.

Is that too much?
No such thing as too much checking! Your being responsible can literally save peoples lives, including your own.

I do so after any partner who has had previous sexual encounters. Sounds often, but I tend to stick with partners for a while...haven't had a one-night-stand now that I think about it...
I almost never have sex with a new partner outside our circle of FWB, and we all stay within our group just to be safe, so it's usually 4-6 times a year, unless someone in our circle slips up.
Every 3 months
Never and if I had a fling I would use a condom. To me getting checked means you haven't taken precautions and I think that is quite irresponsible - getting checked won't stop you getting aids it'll only tell you if you are positive.
Quote by Mareoculus
No such thing as too much checking! Your being responsible can literally save peoples lives, including your own.

A thoroughly responsible and laudable attitude! smile
Fairly often and my wife is checked more often, simply because she is in the medical industry and it is routine testing. Neither of us have ever caught anything.
Since my GF is an ER physician, exposure is common. She gets tested frequently, so there is no need for me to worry. That being said, I get tested about every 6 months, just to be cautious. So far, so good. If I played around, I suppose it would be more often.
Receiving a test is free where I live, so I get tested whenever it feels appropriate: prior to committing myself to a proper girlfriend (and fucking her without condoms), after I've slept with a few dubious partners (even though I always wear a condom), or simply once in a while to be secure about the whole thing.

Generally it means a test once every 6 months or so.
Quote by Magical_felix
Before I wreck myself.

That was GOLDEN
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I almost never have sex with a new partner outside our circle of FWB, and we all stay within our group just to be safe, so it's usually 4-6 times a year, unless someone in our circle slips up.

Bethany I do understand the benefit of staying within the group. But it seems to me unless you have a large group if must be like having sex with your husband. Having sex with my husband is great, but I have always needed other people also.
I take pretty good care of myself, at least four times a year.
When I'm not active, I get checked once a year. If I happen to be active, I'll go between partners. But, I usually go years between partners...
I now have my check up (pap etc and whatever else may be appropriate), once a year and have had no problems for a few years. I had check ups far more often when I was more promiscuous. Then again if I had a doubt he didn't get it in. I have only ever had Non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU) - I misjudged him - he had NSU. It was quickly treated and no after affects.
I have my FWB group (3 m, 3 f) and we constrain our activity to each other generally and even though its multiple partners we have never had a problem in three years.
If we go outside the group we would probably have a check up if we had the slightest doubt or indication. So far, so good.
Married long-term here so it's been 9 years. That was only the norm for 'when you're pregnant'. I've actually never even though of it outside of pregnancy concerns.

Hell - I haven't even gone to a doctor in 9 years.
Once a year even though I have been with Mr Jaune for ten years. It is best to keep my health in check.
Very interesting topic and great comments.

I am still virgin so no need to get checked but, I now know how often I need to do it when needed.
Four times a year usually since I'm still at university, it will probably be reduced to once a year now that I've graduated.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"

I just saw this photo and is hard to believe some place like this really exist.
Well I am proud to say that since marrying my Sugarbaby I have never had sex with anyone else nor has she. So for me that's coming up on 15 years this Dec. 4th.