For those with real avatars

last reply
114 replies
13.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, one or two have mentioned it to me, and I love it!
I'm a junkie for attention anyway.
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Lurker
0 likes
Yep it is me... I would hope if someone does recognize me they would see we have something in common (lush) and say so
Lurker
0 likes
I had one of my cleavage up for a little while. I don't show my face pictures until I've confirmed I don't know the person asking for a friend request. I took my cleavage picture down because I have a small tattoo that would be a dead give away that it's me.
Lurker
0 likes
I do get a little paranoid sometimes, but I'm pretty sure no one would be able to trace the picture of my lower half of my face back to me.
I just have to make sure that I don't expose any identifying birth marks, etc.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
My avi is me, and if family, friends or someone from work recognized me, my question would be so why are you here, too? How can you judge someone for being on a site that you are on yourself? I am proud of the stories that I've posted here and hope that they would enjoy them as others have.

Check out my newest story, Penalty of Love

Penalty of Love

0 likes
I have real pictures stashed selectively amongst anime and art work in my gallery, I do not want to be considered a fake because I am not. I have nothing to hide but I am protective. There are bits and pieces I crop or take the pictures so they are cryptic and do not show most of my facial features, etc. I had others that perhaps you could put them together like a puzzle, and I took some pictures off that were more revealing like that. I STILL feel paranoid about what pictures I DO have here. I have a cleavage picture or two, and I might use something else real in av without showing all of my face. I do not know if I am easily recognizable, but there are things, and so I have to be careful because I get approached a lot by people who say they know me or have seen me and cannot place where...and they seem to REALLY want to know (?) I have no idea. I am a friendly person. I have traveled. I have this cautious feeling and try to be discreet because I seem to draw stalkers of all sorts fairly easily and it is NOT "fun"! Even with my current boyfriend, over the past two years he has unfortunately seen and helped me with several. It has often been very unpleasant and I really have a fear of that if I put my whole self out there on the internet. Even my FB had few pictures. I don't like doing it. My online personna is a "kitsune," for the most part, I have an abundance of images that suit that so I would think that is good for use. If it was somehow placed together to make me recognized in real life, I just hope it would NOT be in any bad way because as a single mom, I want to protect my family and I do not need to be the target of some stalker-person! (Like I said, it DOES happen). It makes me mad just thinking about it. I highly doubt it will happen but you just never know.
0 likes
I have long used animals as avatars, though the cougar is a new one for me (I'm avoiding ones that I use elsewhere to help avoid detection). My photos are real but currently in an album that is only shared with friends and have the face mostly cropped out. Not to say that someone couldn't recognize me from my glorious bod (I can dream, can't I?) but very few have ever actually seen me naked.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
You mean I'm not Jim Morrison?
Lurker
0 likes
Who's to say this isn't me?
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
I don't use myself as my avatar. I do have pics in my image gallery that anyone on my friends list can see, but I use lots of effects so they're very obscure. It gives people a general idea of my face and facial features, but I doubt anyone would recognize me on the street. The only way someone would recognize me is if they know me in real life and are familiar enough with my features to make the distinction.

If that did indeed happen, I'd be freaked out at first. Then I'd kind of have to gauge what their intentions were once they realized who I am. But I wouldn't worry about being 'outed' because they'd have to be a member here as well to know who I am.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Guess I should pull my hat down over my eyes so I'm not.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well..........I've blown my cover (the uniform is mine........and my beard is as rough as a Badgers arse)
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah, people recognize me all the time. I am Superman after all.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
you should only change if you are ashamed to be here.
Lurker
0 likes
Never thought of using any thing but me as my avatar . I just leave my face for friends only . That way I control who sees it is me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't use any real pics of me because this is my fantasy world and I would like to keep it that way. A few have seen parts of my body, but not many. I have never claimed that my avatar is me and if someone can't figure that out then I usually will not talk with them long.

If someone did come up to me and say they knew me from Lush I would be flattered; but since my friends, family and husband know that I am here it is not likely.
...I thought that maybe a new life, a different life, wouldn’t be so bad. But where the hell did I put the receipt, and could you return something that was over twenty years old? Where do you go to get a new life when your old one has you so puzzled you don’t know how to fix it? Wish I knew.
-Anita Blake (Laurell K. Hamilton)
Lurker
0 likes
Nothing special but yes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I havn't been here very long but I do not anticipate anyone recognizing me from just a glimpse of my mouth.
0 likes
I think it's odd that people don't use pics of themselves as their avatar...seems far weirder to me to pull some random pic off the Internet than to just put a pic of yourself up. As far as being recognised...well, at least with mine, unlikely to happen.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by alliebug69
you should only change if you are ashamed to be here.

I don't think it's about being ashamed to be here, it's about discretion!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think anyone could spot me by my avatar, lol. I chose it because it is funny, two eggs contemplating the demise of a friend.
Lurker
0 likes
I doubt anyone would recognize me since I haven't put my face online. I prefer staying anonymous, however I don't mind posting some pics of my body simply so people know I'm not fake. I find it hard to trust some users who has someone else's face but their own in their avatar. But that's just my opinion.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
only few people in this part of the world knows about lush and thats why I feel comfortable adding my picx in the image gallery.