Dilemma...

last reply
7 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok, thoughts, advice opinions or speak from experience. I recently had a message from someone who thinks they know me. From what they have said they might actually. They have more to lose than me being caught on here if its who I think.

So the question is, do I fess up and chat, tell them they must be wrong or ignore them.

Anyone had something similar? What did you do?
0 likes
having deja post images right...now

didn't you post this before?
Lurker
0 likes
IF as you say, "they have more to lose..." don't worry about it. Let them worry IF they're so inclined.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Since they are obviously here for the same purpose, no problem, answer then and enjoy.
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What did their message say? Was it confrontational or friendly? What does their profile reveal? What do you stand to lose exactly? According to your profile, your husband knows your on here despite his disapproval. Apart from your avatar which is tasteful in my opinion (if it's really you), you don't have any inappropriate or nude pictures of yourself open for just anyone to see. You write some erotica, so what? The foundation of Lush's existence was to be a venue for both amateur and more experienced writers of erotica to read and share their stories That isn't a crime. The fact that this friend/acquaintance of yours is on here too should be insurance enough. I'm not sure what it is you think you're at risk losing.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BelleduJour
What did their message say? Was it confrontational or friendly? What does their profile reveal? What do you stand to lose exactly? According to your profile, your husband knows your on here despite his disapproval. Apart from your avatar which is tasteful in my opinion (if it's really you), you don't have any inappropriate or nude pictures of yourself open for just anyone to see. You write some erotica, so what? The foundation of Lush's existence was to be a venue for both amateur and more experienced writers of erotica to read and share their stories That isn't a crime. The fact that this friend/acquaintance of yours is on here too should be insurance enough. I'm not sure what it is you think you're at risk losing.

I don't KNOW, just guessing BUT, their are a LOT of extremely narrow minded people in this world and employers who can and will fire people for things most of us would see as ridiculous. Additionally, there are some positions where "propriety" even if it IS hypocritical is a necessity. (One company in my hometown would fire any employee who's paycheck was cashed in a bar!)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Wardog

I don't KNOW, just guessing BUT, their are a LOT of extremely narrow minded people in this world and employers who can and will fire people for things most of us would see as ridiculous. Additionally, there are some positions where "propriety" even if it IS hypocritical is a necessity. (One company in my hometown would fire any employee who's paycheck was cashed in a bar!)

Fair enough. If that is the case, then hannahjane may have some rethinking to do regarding her profile. If she really has that much to lose, I suggest she NOT bother responding either way to this person (what's the point?) and amend her profile straight away. If that means she should seriously think about renaming her account or better yet, delete her existing account and start again, that's what she must do if she has so much at risk by being identified. Hopefully taking this kind of action will shake this shit disturber off her tail.