Age Gaps! (Big or small)

last reply
117 replies
12.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm going to go with the line "age is but a number" and in the end, what does it really matter if the two people care about one another
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Age is no problem! 300 year old vampires are the best.
The devil's going to make me a free woman. The devil's going to set me free. Dead bodies everywhere...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Munny
Age is no problem! 300 year old vampires are the best.

Hahaha! That was really clever!

I used to think it was a serious problem but I don't think so anymore. The reason is simple: no one really knows how much time we have here, so we have to take what life gives us.
Lurker
0 likes
I have found that sometimes the age gap can't be overcome. Without going into too much detail, my girlfriend and I just had to "put a hold" on a relationship we were in with a younger woman. It wasn't really anyone's fault, it was just a case of us being in a different place than she was. It happens and you deal with it..but in some cases, yes, age is more than just a number.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
For me there is just something incredibly sexy about older men, but that might be because they have had time to mature. My husband is 9 years older than I am but once upon a time I had quite an enjoyable experience with a man that was almost 30 years older.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I don't care either way. I once dated a guy who was 31 years older than me and it was great. My current partner is 2 years older than me and it's also great (smallest age gap I've ever had. My average is 10 yrs.).

However, I can't see myself being with a guy who's younger than me. I've never even been attracted to one (that I know of).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There is a ten year age gap between my other half and I. I like I don't see him as 40 even though age has hit him hard.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by AdrianCf
Age is just a number....

I never ask a woman her age because I simply don't care.
My experience is that age really doesn't matter.

I had hot steaming sex/relations with younger woman, woman my age and woman much older.
It all depends on the woman itself.

What I do notice is that older woman are more relaxed and have stronger confidence.

I agree Adrian I have had female lovers older and younger. As I age, I find older lovers are more assured in their wishes. The best (mildly bi) female lover I had was 7 years older than I.

I also begin to wonder what younger women actually want? The old conflict of experience v athleticism. However, lovers relationships, is a much wider topic.
Lurker
0 likes
I think it depends on you both. I turned 18 a couple months ago and the guy I've been hooking up with is 31. The sax is amazing and we get along pretty well outside of the bed too.
0 likes
I'd like to try older women, always been a fantasy of mine, probably because of the age gap that arouses me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I used to strictly abide by the 'half the older person's age plug seven' rule for an acceptable age gap. Then, as time went on, I started to adjust and amend this formula to accommodate successful relationships I had witnessed and my own evolving preferences. Now, I find that I think age gaps are just a cosmetic detail to a relationship and any attempt to qualify them based on calculations is fundamentally flawed. What really matters is the maturity and personality of the people involved. I've met some people that are wiser than most twice their age and vice versa. As long as there is chemistry, physical attraction, a solid connection, and mutual consent then I see a difference in age being of no serious concern.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't have an older limit but the younger one is usually at around 30. I'll make exceptions if the maturity level is OK... Here 18 is the legal age so 18 is ALWAYS my lower limit.

I have found that older women tend to know what they're looking for and aren't so full of DRAMA! LOL

My favorite age bracket is 40-55 but really age is just a number and age certainly isn't anywere near my most important consideration.
Great minds think alike but dirty minds work together.... ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like age gaps either way younger or older I've had both and they were both good.
Lurker
0 likes
For me, I don't like to rule out anything completely, but in general I wouldn't go far beyond a 10 year gap.
But it is definitely a personal preference, each to their own.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Most of my gfs have been older than me, but only by a couple of years at most.
Biggest gap was a woman 12 years older than me, back when I was in my 20s. Just two folk in the right place at the right time. No regrets whatsoever.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a thing for older men, or perhaps more accurately it's mature men. Almost all my boyfriends have been significantly older than me, although in fact my partner is actually three months younger - and I've been with him for the longest time. Go figure, although he looks and acts a lot older.

I think it started when I was 16 and had a dirty weekend with a man in his mid-forties. He was the first sexual partner I had who "knew what he was doing" and it was something of a revelation at the time. The biggest age difference would have been about 40 years. I was 28, he said was in his mid-sixties but he was probably older. It was a conference romance and lasted a week, and was lovely.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by joannemouse
I have a thing for older men, or perhaps more accurately it's mature men. Almost all my boyfriends have been significantly older than me, although in fact my partner is actually three months younger - and I've been with him for the longest time. Go figure, although he looks and acts a lot older.

I think it started when I was 16 and had a dirty weekend with a man in his mid-forties. He was the first sexual partner I had who "knew what he was doing" and it was something of a revelation at the time. The biggest age difference would have been about 40 years. I was 28, he said was in his mid-sixties but he was probably older. It was a conference romance and lasted a week, and was lovely.

On my way!
Lurker
0 likes
To me age is just a number, unless it's illegal... But I have dated mostly older men... not for money, as even so I am young, I am independant. But mostly because they seem more adventurous, not selfish, and so much more experinced. If and when I settle, the age gap will most likely be smaller, but it will depend if the man can convince me he is the one for the rest of my life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I usually go by the +10 -10 rule.

anything up to 10 years older or 10 years younger then me.

my current girlfriend is just about 10 years younger than me. willing to love and learn.
Lurker
0 likes
I've always had a thing for older women, I lost my cherry to a 35 year old woman when I was 15. It felt amazing and I remember everything which still turns me on to this day.
Lurker
0 likes
Age is just a number,as long as they are of age.... But I have found that some of the young men are still looking for something...So I prefer to stay with above 30 bracket...30 being my lowest(although I have broke my own rule)But rules are meant to be broken.But I do like older..they are more settled...
Princess Popsicle
0 likes
There's a 14 year gap between my husband and I. Our relationship on the whole is healthy and happy and our sex life is the best I've ever had, and I have dated men my own age and some only a few years older than I but this just fits!
If you like first time, bisexual or teen then please read this and help make it famous!

My First Time With a Girl
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JohnSmith10
I'm going to go with the line "age is but a number" and in the end, what does it really matter if the two people care about one another

Well said. Though I do have a preference for mature experienced men who tend to be older but as long as the people in it are happy, its acedemic
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I've been with some much younger guys (and girls), but just for sex. For a relationship/companionship, I want a guy/girl closer to my age.
Love Bug
0 likes
My heart doesn't know how to count. Love is just love and you can't go through life with a check list of do's and don'ts, just follow your gut and trust your heart.
Lurker
0 likes
Does age really matter?(As long as they are of age)Does your heart know they are 10 or 15 yrs younger or older than you?Or even more? I say go with your heart.forget the number because that is all it is,a number...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I need a man that can keep up with my wittiness, my intelligence, my activity level and activities, my heart, and my soul. I would hope he has the capacity to love and cherish with all his being, the ability to carry on a smart and meaningful conversation, the adventure to just go and do it, and the humor to good-natured and mischievously tickle my laughter. Whatever age that is, is good for me. Often these qualities come with some life experiences, and other than this criteria, age is all relative, a number, that truly should be dealt with on each relationship's unique and individual connection.