Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Why do men do this...

last reply
16 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
1. Be amazing and don't give you a chance in hell of not falling in love with them, and say they love you too, and that it's real love even if it's only in cyberspace, and say it's forever, and email you at least once a day for 3 months making you deliriously happy, and then...

2. Suddenly stop emailing you completely, and just cut you off, leaving you checking your messages obsessively like a crazy person, wondering what you've done to deserve this and cutting you off from the drugs you were hopelessly addicted to giving you the worst withdrawal symptoms and pretty much breaking your heart completely?

I understand some things it might be... he might be very busy, he might have had a major change, he might have been caught by his girlfriend...

But... Help me! It's like torture!
I'm pretty sure that this phenomenon is not reserved to men...equality and everything!
Lesson 1. Don't get addicted to this kind of attention, especially on the internet.
Lesson 2. Sturgeon's Second Law: 90% of everything is crap. This includes people, and especially guys online! Always expect the consequences of this law, sooner or later.
Lesson 3. As soon as they find something better, you're history.
its not just men that do this
Believe it or not as a woman on lush (or in most online environments) you have the power. There are twice as many men on here than women and about half of those women are only looking to talk with other women. Any man looking to make a connection on here has to use any available strategy to get and to hold attention.

Some men will say anything they think you want to hear to make sure you continue to talk to them. Some might even believe that what they say is actually how they feel. It's a self perpetuating delusion.

You only have to look at the stories on here to realise that the members of Lush are a very imaginative lot. Unfortunately, that wonderful creativity and imagination can be a weakness and can allow those who enjoy manipulation to toy with emotions.

So what happens? You get hurt, maybe you throw in the towel and give up on Lush. Lots have. Maybe you stick around, a little hardened for the experience. A little less trusting, a little less generous, a little less you.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Quote by JimB01
its not just men that do this

Damn right, women are just as bad at doing this!
Quote by bonnierabbit
1. Be amazing and don't give you a chance in hell of not falling in love with them, and say they love you too, and that it's real love even if it's only in cyberspace, and say it's forever, and email you at least once a day for 3 months making you deliriously happy, and then...

2. Suddenly stop emailing you completely, and just cut you off, leaving you checking your messages obsessively like a crazy person, wondering what you've done to deserve this and cutting you off from the drugs you were hopelessly addicted to giving you the worst withdrawal symptoms and pretty much breaking your heart completely?

I understand some things it might be... he might be very busy, he might have had a major change, he might have been caught by his girlfriend...

But... Help me! It's like torture!

I think you 'might' have said it all in the unfinished sentence.
I think we have all been there at some time - be brave and be hopeful.
Thankyou lovely Lushies, I think I was fishing for a 'there there', and that did make it better.

I'll admit it, I thought it was a man thing to just cut someone off completely. I've only ever done it to female friends, but clearly that's just me.

I'll be fine biggrin
Quote by BethanyFrasier
Lesson 1. Don't get addicted to this kind of attention, especially on the internet.
Lesson 2. Sturgeon's Second Law: 90% of everything is crap. This includes people, and especially guys online! Always expect the consequences of this law, sooner or later.
Lesson 3. As soon as they find something better, you're history.

Nailed it!
Quote by Ibfull247
He got gay!?

LOL!

I've found out what it is, thanks for helping me through a tough week you guys biggrin
I'm not a guy, but I can tell you, Lush (or other online "love") isn't love love, the kind that only occurs after you've met someone in person, after you've spent real, physical time with them, after you've learned all their faults and flaws and amazing qualities (and them, yours). Men (and presumably, women as well) on here (and presumably, on other sites) will say anything to keep you on the hook long enough to satisfy their sexual/emotional needs, and then drop you like a hot rock as soon as you have satisfied those sexual/emotional needs.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Quote by HeraTeleia
I'm not a guy, but I can tell you, Lush (or other online "love") isn't love love, the kind that only occurs after you've met someone in person, after you've spent real, physical time with them, after you've learned all their faults and flaws and amazing qualities (and them, yours). Men (and presumably, women as well) on here (and presumably, on other sites) will say anything to keep you on the hook long enough to satisfy their sexual/emotional needs, and then drop you like a hot rock as soon as you have satisfied those sexual/emotional needs.

The TRUE answer.
Quote by HeraTeleia

I think thats harsh .. you forgot money and the fast car.

Seriously .. I keep saying to people that in my view Lush isnt any different, other than the obvious constraints, to real life. In real life you will find people who do exactly as you describe.
Quote by overmykneenow
Believe it or not as a woman on lush (or in most online environments) you have the power. There are twice as many men on here than women and about half of those women are only looking to talk with other women. Any man looking to make a connection on here has to use any available strategy to get and to hold attention.

Some men will say anything they think you want to hear to make sure you continue to talk to them. Some might even believe that what they say is actually how they feel. It's a self perpetuating delusion.

You only have to look at the stories on here to realise that the members of Lush are a very imaginative lot. Unfortunately, that wonderful creativity and imagination can be a weakness and can allow those who enjoy manipulation to toy with emotions.

So what happens? You get hurt, maybe you throw in the towel and give up on Lush. Lots have. Maybe you stick around, a little hardened for the experience. A little less trusting, a little less generous, a little less you.

O wow well put.
Quote by overmykneenow

O wow well put.
Quote by clum

You're such a charming friend, bud. x
A poetry selection!