Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Should I be more cautious around my roommate?

last reply
10 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I recently moved in with my boyfriend (whose a few years older than me) and his family friend (whose is my age).
Lately, I have gotten a little more comfortable living there.
Now, I have been walking around the house without a bra, in really short shorts, and even in my towel.
My boyfriend and I are very close and open with each other. He has not said that my behavior bothers him at all
but I want to ask some other guys to see how they would feel about it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think that most of all you should consider how it makes your boyfriend feel. If he really doesn't mind then it's no big deal but just because he hasn't brought it up doesn't mean that it doesn't bother him. Ask him about it and see what he says. I think as long as it's just about you feeling comfortable and not trying to tease or seduce his roommate then it most likely won't be any big deal. Personally, if I were in his situation, I don't think that I would have any inherent problem with it in that context.

As far as his friend/roommate goes, just read his body language to try and figure out if any of it is making him feel uneasy. You could always ask him but odds are that he'll feel put on the spot and not be completely truthful. I guess... play it by ear?

If it appears as though both of them are comfortable with it, no harm no foul.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Lurker
0 likes
Thank you. I appreciate that so much. I'm going to try to talk to my boyfriend about it tonight smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by RaveUnicorn1691
I recently moved in with my boyfriend (whose a few years older than me) and his family friend (whose is my age).
Lately, I have gotten a little more comfortable living there.
Now, I have been walking around the house without a bra, in really short shorts, and even in my towel.
My boyfriend and I are very close and open with each other. He has not said that my behavior bothers him at all
but I want to ask some other guys to see how they would feel about it.

Until you have had a conversation about this with your boy friend and you both really understand how each of you feel about what you're doing, I think the answer to your question is "yes, you should be more careful". If nothing else you run the risk that your actions may be misinterpreted.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Paman

If nothing else you run the risk that your actions may be misinterpreted.

Got to agree with Paman
Lurker
0 likes
Good point.
Lurker
0 likes
But - if you bring it up and he seems genuine and honest about it not bothering him then go with that. I think in any relationship it's best not to 2nd guess the other person's bluntly stated views. (IE: don't conclude that he's lying and act on that assumption)

At most - draw a line for yourself. Like: clothing (shorts + shirt) but maybe not a towel (because your boyfriend MIGHT mind if it fell off and the roomy saw too much and it would make him reconsider).

And it goes without saying that if your new roommate makes a pass at you handle it in a way that will show you don't tolerate that kind of shit.
Lurker
0 likes
How did your talk go?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by rebeccakeyes
How did your talk go?

They probably ended up having a 3some :P
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If the family friend is gay, or if he's not and you don't mind what might happen, or just don't care about his feelings, sure do as you please.

If you respect your boyfriend and the family friend then be considerate and don't tease.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Had a similar situation before back when I had a roommate. A girl I was dating had a habit of walking out of my room pretty skimpy. For example just a shirt or tank top and panties. I didn't think much of it until I notice my roommate was checking her out. I didn't get all upset or anything but he did express it bothered him.

Hope your talk with them goes well.