Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

"I'm very flattered!" Is this a polite decline or is this a bit of hope for play?

last reply
4 replies
1 watcher
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

In my very intoxicated state, I texted a co-worker guy I have been crushing on some very explicit sexts.

The next day I was embarrassed and I apologized to him. He said "Hey don't be embarrassed, I was very surprised by your texts and I'm very flattered!"

I have seen him a few times in person, talked as if nothing ever happened.

Guys his response makes me think he wasn't interested in me but another side thinks he could be... yeah. How should I take his response? We are going to hang out this Saturday at a night club in the CBD and we are sharing a hotel room. Eep.

How do I play it?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I have given that response, it would mean I'm not interested. But hey, everybody's different.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

You were not presented with something like, 'but I'm not interested in that right now.' I would say this wasn't a hard shutdown, but maybe giving them something to think about. They could be interested but worried about the co-worker situation. I rejected advances once from a co-worker. I was an assistant manager and she was an hourly employee. I liked her, but not enough to risk possible job ramifications.

Could not be in a good space to start something, but they appreciate the attention. Might mean lots of stuff actually. I think it would be fair to ask for a clarification.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by Sirene_Jaune

In my very intoxicated state, I texted a co-worker guy I have been crushing on some very explicit sexts.

The next day I was embarrassed and I apologized to him. He said "Hey don't be embarrassed, I was very surprised by your texts and I'm very flattered!"

I have seen him a few times in person, talked as if nothing ever happened.

Guys his response makes me think he wasn't interested in me but another side thinks he could be... yeah. How should I take his response? We are going to hang out this Saturday at a night club in the CBD and we are sharing a hotel room. Eep.

How do I play it?

If you were interested then you started off on the wrong foot by sending explicit text while intoxicated. Liquid courage took over and are you up for the challenge to be that explicit during this outing or?

I'm all for being forward but if a guy was intoxicated as he sent these texts, then he's not for me. I love a guy that's forward and he's fully there in his chosen actions.

For someone who you've only seen a few times and getting a hotel, mmhhmm mmhhmm sure sure lol

Amateur Muse, Professional Lover
0 likes

I am very flattered and there is no 'but' - I would say he is interested. My advice is do not invest your heart in him just yet, the opportunity could not be called chaste, and he probably thinks you are up for some fun and no commitments. He is also a co-worker - I think this might get a bit messy if he thinks it is only for fun, and you think otherwise.

This is my collection of muses and stories. Stories of note include:

Little Bird - A true story of submission and dominance set in Paris between an older couple and their younger lover.

Le Weekend - Six lives intertwined during one weekend create events that change their lives forever.

Living bi-cariously through Lush
0 likes

His reply isn't explicitly rejecting you, but not explicitly encouraging you, at least based on the words. If this was an in-person exchange, the interpretation might depend on his tone.

That said, you're sharing a fucking hotel room with him this weekend? How is sex not on the agenda? At least you'll have the opportunity to find out.

My Dirty Talk competition entry: No-Dating Policy

I get dicked by a federal agent. My top-ten Noir competition entry: Dick Job

My alliteration-addled Free Sprit competition entry: Buff Bluff in Banff

Card catalog? Hard catalog! My library