Hitting the Wall???

last reply
38 replies
5.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I heard a term the other day 'hitting the wall,' it's when a woman's looks start to fade from her teen and early twenties natural beauty. The article I was reading said it was like 30-35 years of age when most women 'hit the wall' and men start looking for younger women; unless their like older men, like 45 and above, then they'll like the thirtysomethings. I was just curious, do you think their is such a thing as a 'wall,' and is 30-35 the age when women 'hit it?' Btw, I'm only 24, not worried about it, just curious. I have older female cousins in the 30-35 age range, so just wondering.
Convict
0 likes
Please forgive me for posting in this forum but I have to tell you that 30-35 is absofuckinglutely NOT when you hit the wall. My opinion has got nothing to do with the fact I’m 33

Seriously, it all depends on your lifestyle. If you’re a meth user you’re going to hit the wall at 23. If you look after yourself you can still look youthful at 50. Genetics also come into play. Don’t forget beauty is subjective.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i'm 35 and i so haven't hit the wall. don't believe everything you hear. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Odd that no guys have responded yet. There is no "wall" save unless we make one. Twentysomething hot is different from thirtysomething hot is different from fiftysomething hot (and I could go on, just look at Dame Helen Mirren sometime), to be sure. But they are all hot and there is no "wall" save the woman or the man involved mentally makes one. I know society has a youth obsession but that is only a wall if we accept what society says, and not all of us do.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by trinket
Please forgive me for posting in this forum but I have to tell you that 30-35 is absofuckinglutely NOT when you hit the wall. My opinion has got nothing to do with the fact I’m 33

Seriously, it all depends on your lifestyle. If you’re a meth user you’re going to hit the wall at 23. If you look after yourself you can still look youthful at 50. Genetics also come into play. Don’t forget beauty is subjective.

i knew i shoulda quit the meth... damn. now you tell me...

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i knew i shoulda quit the meth... damn. now you tell me...

I can help you with that. Be warned my methods are questionable and harsh. Free though, you’re welcome ?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I agree with the above. My wife is the 45 or above. Still looks great and gets hit on to many times by younger guys. As stated, take care of yourself, you will age well. I prefer an older woman, normaly much less drama.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No such thing as a wall or expiration date. I find woman beautiful at any age . . . well unless she is a succubus, then on rare occasions I would find them unappealing.
The Linebacker
0 likes
A wall? I got it... Trump must have a wall fetish, third marriage and all with each wife being significantly younger, so that explains his wanting a wall bordering Mexico.

I personally don't see a wall with men and women in their relationship. If they're in love and committed, and with all that they share, there will never be a wall.

I see some men having a huge ego setting a wall in their own mind, hence the very wealthy guy that leaves his wife and kids and marries a much younger woman. But that is a small minority of men. They just get a lot of play so to speak. You can usually pick them out by their vanity. And there are women that trade in their husbands too. When that happens it's usually for another that makes a lot more money. Stereotypes on both. Well, yes! But it happens.

There is nothing wrong with anyone, male or female, staying in great shape and keeping themselves attractive. But most don't make that the center of their life.

I see tons of hot women over 35... over 40... and up.
Old Bag Of Bones
0 likes
Quote by trinket

I can't believe it. I am going to agree with Trinket in a forum. WOW, this is a day of miracles.

No such thing as a wall. Take care of yourself and you will remain beautiful till the day you die. You will be even more beautiful to a person that really loves you. Remember too that beauty begins on the inside and exudes its way to the outside.

Remember to check out a few of my stories. You can find them here.

https://www.lushstories.com/profile/Jimwillhavefun/stories

For those who like a change and prefer something a little more PG, check out my stories on Storiespace.
https://www.storiesspace.com/profile/Jimwillhavefun/stories

Troublemaker
0 likes
Women definitely do not hit a wall in their thirties. Best women I have ever been involved with were all over 30.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Georgiagirl24
I heard a term the other day 'hitting the wall,' it's when a woman's looks start to fade from her teen and early twenties natural beauty. The article I was reading said it was like 30-35 years of age when most women 'hit the wall' and men start looking for younger women; unless their like older men, like 45 and above, then they'll like the thirtysomethings. I was just curious, do you think their is such a thing as a 'wall,' and is 30-35 the age when women 'hit it?' Btw, I'm only 24, not worried about it, just curious. I have older female cousins in the 30-35 age range, so just wondering.

Many men might think that way, starting to look for a younger woman when they hit their 30s, though oddly enough when I was 35 or a year each side of it I was involved at one point or another with women who were 37, 47, 40, 62, and 51 (the other two that year were also older than me by five years or so, but I don't know their ages for sure), and I was probably the happiest man in my whole circle of friends. (Good ol' grad school meat market.) I have almost always preferred women who were older than 30 (not necessarily older than me); the only time I was really taken with women in their 20s was when I was in high school (and of course they had absolutely no interest in me!). I have always been very attracted to women who are confident, elegant, smart, and mature, and once I hit 25 and became interesting and confident myself, it was like a door opened to finally having real success with women I admired. Just incredible.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Dear Georgiagirl24, WHY are you reading articles like this? Was it in Cosmo or a like publication? Lifestyle magazines and/or Websites NEED to write about something. They need to fill the ADvertising budgets and do so with Headlines to grab writers and draw them in. This article was written to 'GRAB' the readers who are concerned about the superficial aspect of themselves. They create fear! By using a term that long distance runners use, they hope to make women WORRY (needlessly) about "hitting the wall" and losing their great natural looks and aging naturally "gracefully'. They then CREATE the desire to buy the advertisers "beauty" creams and products!
Please STOP reading this CRAP! EACH women is unique and beautiful, both inside and out. Some hide it, others cannot see it in themselves. The beauty and fashion industry tries to create perfection in their ads in order to make women feel inferior to ' the perfect girl' in the ad! This creates the demand for their products! "The wall" is a complete fabrication! They SHOULD be writing about Women's self-worth AT ANY AGE, no matter how you look!
You are a 24 year old unique fascinating woman that is gorgeous and sexy. I have read your writing because of your inner self! You drew me in, and I could tell that I'd enjoy meeting you and want to know you because you are intelligent. This was BEFORE I ever saw your pictures! I am attracted to intelligent women. Have you ever dated a guy who was a handsome hunk, but couldn't hold a conversation about anything (other than sports). Just take care of yourself and stay healthy. But keep your mind sharp. You'll attract others to you long into your later years, whether or not you develop 'crepe paper' skin and 'age' spots. You will never 'hit the wall' as long as you don't believe that there IS such a 'wall'!
Primus Omnium
0 likes
So, we seem to have established that there is no wall for women except if they are a long distance runner or a meth user. Acceptable. Moving on!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
If anything, there is a wall for those girls under 30-35, who have yet to learn how to wear their beauty with comfort and confidence, and how to navigate the world with poise and elegance. Older women know what they want, and don't play games to get it.

Those magazines telling you that without youth you are without worth are trying to sell you something. Usually the illusion of youth.
Evolving Writer
0 likes
My wife often comments on how older male actors seem to get better looking as they age but doesn't believe the same of women. I personally see the beauty in older females all of the time and don't believe in any such thing as a wall. Beauty after all is in the eyes of the beholder and if you get past the stereotypes you can find beauty in any woman.
Wouldn't you rather have a nice cup of tea?
0 likes
I'm 37, but as I've gotten older, I find that the age-range of women I'm attracted to has also kept up (within about a 10 years +/- of my own age). When I was a teen, the idea of sleeping with anyone over 30 would have been gross. Now, I think 40 year olds can be pretty hot, but the idea of actually sleeping with an 18 year old seems less appealing.

So, I guess 'hitting a wall' really only applies if you're going to stay interested in attracting adolescent boys your whole life.

Don't believe everything that you read.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by stockingluvr
My wife often comments on how older male actors seem to get better looking as they age but doesn't believe the same of women. I personally see the beauty in older females all of the time and don't believe in any such thing as a wall. Beauty after all is in the eyes of the beholder and if you get past the stereotypes you can find beauty in any woman.

Nah, Helen Mirren isn't hot! No one like Meryl Streep! Tell your wife to google '50 Actresses Over 50 Who Still Rule Hollywood'. I'll bet she likes them all! Hell, Cher is 71!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by jimbo2

Nah, Helen Mirren isn't hot! No one like Meryl Streep! Tell your wife to google '50 Actresses Over 50 Who Still Rule Hollywood'. I'll bet she likes them all! Hell, Cher is 71!

actually, Helen Mirren is hella hot.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by sprite

actually, Helen Mirren is hella hot.

Actually Sprite, if you read my comment TOGETHER with the quote of stockingluvr's WIFE, you'd see that I was being sarcastic, mocking her idea that older women are not sexy. Of Course Helen Mirren is incredibly hot! As are you!
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
<- This is me now at age 37. The signature pic below is me at 29. You tell me if I've hit the wall.
Old Bag Of Bones
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
<- This is me now at age 37. The signature pic below is me at 29. You tell me if I've hit the wall.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Remember to check out a few of my stories. You can find them here.

https://www.lushstories.com/profile/Jimwillhavefun/stories

For those who like a change and prefer something a little more PG, check out my stories on Storiespace.
https://www.storiesspace.com/profile/Jimwillhavefun/stories

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I was 21 women of 28 looked mature and 40 looked old. Now I'm sixty three and a 39 y/o lover looks young & hot. Women my age... look hot. theres a 69 y/o I'm acquainted with who looks very sexy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Beffer

Yer a kid there girl. Let a older and wiser man take you under his wing ;)
Lurker
0 likes
I really think it's more of a transformation ,Nobody wants to get older but we all face it . Forced to confront vanity as beauty fades we grow as humans in other eras ... taking care of your Body and being fit will preserve beauty. Most women will be deemed sexy in their 70's when they no longer care much about it. BEFFER you have no worries , as man nor women would pass any chance of getting a taste of you :P
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by Beffer

Beffer, I believe there is NO WALL! You look terrific! If you posed in that same bikini, you'd look different, i.e, hairstyle etc, but you'd still be just as sexy and gorgeous! If you think that because you are 8 years older, you are mistaken. Your body may change, but your personality is more mature, and you you certainly attract attention if you want to. Mature confidence is a very attractive quality! If you want proof, update the pic this summer! Thanks for being you!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by jimbo2
Dear Georgiagirl24, WHY are you reading articles like this? Was it in Cosmo or a like publication? Lifestyle magazines and/or Websites NEED to write about something. They need to fill the ADvertising budgets and do so with Headlines to grab writers and draw them in. This article was written to 'GRAB' the readers who are concerned about the superficial aspect of themselves. They create fear! By using a term that long distance runners use, they hope to make women WORRY (needlessly) about "hitting the wall" and losing their great natural looks and aging naturally "gracefully'. They then CREATE the desire to buy the advertisers "beauty" creams and products!
Please STOP reading this CRAP! EACH women is unique and beautiful, both inside and out. Some hide it, others cannot see it in themselves. The beauty and fashion industry tries to create perfection in their ads in order to make women feel inferior to ' the perfect girl' in the ad! This creates the demand for their products! "The wall" is a complete fabrication! They SHOULD be writing about Women's self-worth AT ANY AGE, no matter how you look!
You are a 24 year old unique fascinating woman that is gorgeous and sexy. I have read your writing because of your inner self! You drew me in, and I could tell that I'd enjoy meeting you and want to know you because you are intelligent. This was BEFORE I ever saw your pictures! I am attracted to intelligent women. Have you ever dated a guy who was a handsome hunk, but couldn't hold a conversation about anything (other than sports). Just take care of yourself and stay healthy. But keep your mind sharp. You'll attract others to you long into your later years, whether or not you develop 'crepe paper' skin and 'age' spots. You will never 'hit the wall' as long as you don't believe that there IS such a 'wall'!

Thank u! smile
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
You tell me if I've hit the wall.

The only way you'll "hit the wall" is if you lose control of your car.