Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Do guys think the British accent is sexy?

last reply
40 replies
4.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I went out with an American guy once and he was crazy about my British accents. What do you non-Britsh guys think? and what accents do you prefer?.
Lurker
0 likes
Just about any non-American accent is intriguing ( heck, a southern American accent is great) but French is the sexiest for me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Accents can be very sexy and the British variety is no exception. There is something about hearing an attractive person speak in an unfamiliar manner that makes one focus on the way in which they move their lips and tongue, consequently imagining what it would be like to experience those parts in a more physical sense. Plus, some words just sound more fun when pronounced a certain way.

The slang, however, not so much. Some of the appeal is lost if I don't understand what a person is saying. Beerfest did a great job of demonstrating this disparity:

Though, I'm sure it goes both ways as there as some instances of American slang that I don't imagine translate well.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Lurker
0 likes
I am English, and think the Scottish accent is very sexy
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by hopp3r
Accents can be very sexy and the British variety is no exception. There is something about hearing an attractive person speak in an unfamiliar manner that makes one focus on the way in which they move their lips and tongue, consequently imagining what it would be like to experience those parts in a more physical sense. Plus, some words just sound more fun when pronounced a certain way.

The slang, however, not so much. Some of the appeal is lost if I don't understand what a person is saying. Beerfest did a great job of demonstrating this disparity:
Though, I'm sure it goes both ways as there as some instances of American slang that I don't imagine translate well.

English is not my native language and I noticed that on conferences with an international line-up of speakers those from the US are often easier to understand than those from the UK because of strong regional accents. It seems that in the US strong regional accents are less common among folks who'd speak at international conferences whereas for the UK they are, well, simply regional, no matter what level of education one has ;)

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Cheeky Chick
0 likes
The British accent is wicked sexy coming from a male or female.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
American here, love foreign accents. Especially Brazilian like Adriana Lima and Spanish like Penelope Cruz
I just want to be someone's everything....is that a problem?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
English accents are very sexy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally I find British accents very sexy..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There are so many different accents / dialects throughout Britain.
So it confuses me when Americans and other nationalities say they love a British accent - what kind? Plummy BBC? Geordie? Liverpudlian? Cockney? Glaswegian? Highland? Etc etc

A slightly more ridiculous one that I once heard was that someone loved a European accent....

Ffs.

So, I reckon it's just people liking the idea of someone / something a bit exotic / unusual.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In both MA and CA I have been asked 'do you speak like that all the time?'

When I asked what was meant the response on both occasions was 'surely when you first wake up you speak normally, like us, and it's only when you get fully awake that you use the quaint British accent?'

On both occasions I had to convince the questioner that for me a British accent, whether quaint or not, was the default setting. They both seemed amazed.

On other occasions in both MA and CA I have been requested to 'just say something, your accent is amazing!'

I suppose it's true - it takes all sorts.....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Loooove a sexy accent, whether it's British (sorry for not being more specific GoNE68) or Australian.
Clumeleon
0 likes
There are tons of different, very distinct "British accents". Even ignoring regional variations (which you shouldn't), the three countries that constitute Britain have very distinct accents.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love accents.. either foreign or different demographs
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm both male, and British - so no, I don't think the British accent is sexy....
Well, it's competition time again - so if you want to read an erotic poem about love, lust and heartbreak, check out
I wanted more

Other stories I'd heartily recommend (and wish I'd written myself) include:
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/anal/losing-it.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/bdsm/for-my-hands-only.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/masturbation/made-in-london.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/highlight-reel.aspx
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Some are. As Clum says, it varies so much, and it also depends on the voice of the person speaking. I like bits of many of the "British" accents, or what many Americans consider to be British, which of course are not all British by any means. The various parts of GB, of course, but I also enjoy Irish, Aussie, and Kiwi accents.

I'm not even sure which of those the girl in the current Trivago ads is (guessing Aussie?), but I love her soft accent and sexy voice.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some distinction should be made here. Accents are regional but also there are dialects some of which are incomprehensible to the British amongst themselves. Slang is not the correct term for these dialects they have a history just like the main U.S. speech which has roots in Elizabethan English. You could say the U.S. are speaking a more archaic form of English. I'm not referring to the southern accent with its perhaps French influence. Personally I find the way Tony Joe White talks is very attractive and if I was a female it would be sexy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I find it a very sexy accent.
Clumeleon
0 likes
FYI, my Scottish accent, which is somewhat generic because I've moved around so much, is very sexy. ;)
Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
Quote by Stormdog
Some are. As Clum says, it varies so much, and it also depends on the voice of the person speaking. I like bits of many of the "British" accents, or what many Americans consider to be British, which of course are not all British by any means. The various parts of GB, of course, but I also enjoy Irish, Aussie, and Kiwi accents.

I'm not even sure which of those the girl in the current Trivago ads is (guessing Aussie?), but I love her soft accent and sexy voice.

I assume you mean Gabrielle Miller http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tv-shows/meet-the-woman-from-the-trivago-commercials/news-story/941fd143a575b65e15961371028bb7e5

Definitely Australian, but she lives in Berlin which might have taken some of the rough edges off her accent (or she's trying really hard to be understood). It seems pretty mild to me for someone who spent a chunk of her life in Queensland smile

On the topic, some British accents are very sexy and some substantially less so. I won't split them by region, because I'd be bound to offend someone (most likely by forgetting their accent)! Almost as offended as I was when I was asked repeatedly in the USA if I was British.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by PhilU

I assume you mean Gabrielle Miller http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tv-shows/meet-the-woman-from-the-trivago-commercials/news-story/941fd143a575b65e15961371028bb7e5

Definitely Australian, but she lives in Berlin which might have taken some of the rough edges off her accent (or she's trying really hard to be understood). It seems pretty mild to me for someone who spent a chunk of her life in Queensland smile

On the topic, some British accents are very sexy and some substantially less so. I won't split them by region, because I'd be bound to offend someone (most likely by forgetting their accent)! Almost as offended as I was when I was asked repeatedly in the USA if I was British.

OMG the utter bastards!
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by PhilU

Yeah, that's her, thanks! Figured it was Australian, but as you say, toned down and mild - plus her voice has such a nice tone and timbre, which is a big part of what makes it sexy. Spent some time biking in Hawaii with an Australian fellow (bloke?) a few years ago, so I got a little better at discerning that accent. The fact that hers is so mild is what left me uncertain.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I know a woman who is French-Canadian and I would love to sound like her she is so sexy sounding.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by clum
FYI, my Scottish accent, which is somewhat generic because I've moved around so much, is very sexy. ;)

scottish accents ARE very sexy.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
British accents are very sexy, especially on women. Love Scottish accents too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Americans always say Scottish accents are sexy but we hate them haha.
0 likes
It's less about the accent than the attitude of the woman behind it.

Don't believe everything that you read.

The Linebacker
0 likes
Really most accents can be very sexy on the right voice tone. Anything nasally begins losing sexiness.

I usually love English accents on women. Check out Jayne33's audio stories. Yummy!